Thread: My first introduction

Experience

Default My first introduction

Hi all

I've been a lurker here for some time, regular reader of SA Gamer and correspond frequently with Garth, Dawid and the guys on Twitter but never actually engaged much here before. Used to be a frequent contributor on the old PCF / Gear forums until those were shut down but as happens life progresses and time for one's interests becomes limited.

In short I've been a gamer since my tweens, started on the NES knock-offs we got here in the 80s (Golden China FTW), then on to a Sega Genesis (months of pocket money saved for that guy) until I got given a second-hand PC from an enthusiast who was emigrating. I loved that thing, loved breaking it, cobbling new bits together and fixing it. I played Half Life and Baldur's Gate on that thing and so started a love of PC gaming that lasted well into my 20s when I decided I was up for a change and bought a PS3 late in the generation. Moved on to an Xbone when I picked up a crazy black friday deal and now also added a Nintendo Switch to the stable. Also maintain an oldish i3 3770 gaming PC that only gets used for mundane tasks now. Xbone gets used as a media box and most of my gaming is done on the Switch (as I said, time is few).

Other than that I'm a scientist by profession, love reading (crime fiction and occasionally high fantasy-lite) and movies.

That's it otherwise, hope to chat around the forums.

2. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (November 22nd, 2019),  Coldcat (November 22nd, 2019),  Kelnari (November 22nd, 2019),  Row-_S (November 22nd, 2019),  unstoppableErasor (November 22nd, 2019)  

Gaming Wizard
    Mr Bubz likez Dubz
    Experience

Welcome.

A scientist you say... so you believe that ridiculous round earth theory?
    WHY DO YOU HAVE SIGNATURES TURNED ON, THAT SHlT WASTEFUL YO.

4. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (November 22nd, 2019),  Coldcat (November 22nd, 2019),  unstoppableErasor (November 22nd, 2019)  

Experience

Welcome,

Very Senior Member
    "This ends tonight." —Arkham Knight
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
    Other than that I'm a scientist by profession.

Welcome to the forum, while I'm sure you can get quite a bit of info and advice from lurking around here I can guarantee you'll get a much more interesting and enjoyable experience once you start interacting with our diverse user base

Experience

Haha ya, an environmental one at that (and working in the mining sector) so trying to work with big corporations to avoid the inevitable collapse of humanity but that's a story for another day