Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Borehole/Wellpoint pump advice

Gaming Wizard
    "Curiosity killed the cat, Satisfaction brought it back!"
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    The deceased took it to the after life .......

Lol
    Might have been the murder weapon.

2. Saying Thanks:

Viking (November 25th, 2019)  

Game IDs
    Experience

My borehole was a nightmare experience.

- Had to drill around 120m to hit water, in an area that is historically known for easy borehole drilling. No wonder the existing hole was useless.
    - Eyewatering cost plus a powerful pump, plus water tanks and the rest.
    - Turned out that even our expensive pump can't pump very quickly.
    - Turned out that the water was too salty, in comes huge reverse osmosis filter at additional great cost.
    - Turned out that reverse osmosis water lacks the nutrients for the garden. Which was the entire point of the whole operation. Garden is massive like a park.
    - Regular 15k L water deliveries resorted to in the end. Even more tanks installed.
    - Stupid borehole water mixed in with delivered water. Nothing has exploded yet, seems fine.

Epic waste of time and money. This obviously doesn't represent all borehole experiences, but it's probably not uncommon for SA municipalities and businesses to destroy water tables in urban environments.

4. Saying Thanks:

Coldcat (November 25th, 2019)  

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Pies View Post
    My borehole was a nightmare experience.

- Had to drill around 120m to hit water, in an area that is historically known for easy borehole drilling. No wonder the existing hole was useless.
    - Eyewatering cost plus a powerful pump, plus water tanks and the rest.
    - Turned out that even our expensive pump can't pump very quickly.
    - Turned out that the water was too salty, in comes huge reverse osmosis filter at additional great cost.
    - Turned out that reverse osmosis water lacks the nutrients for the garden. Which was the entire point of the whole operation. Garden is massive like a park.
    - Regular 15k L water deliveries resorted to in the end. Even more tanks installed.
    - Stupid borehole water mixed in with delivered water. Nothing has exploded yet, seems fine.

Epic waste of time and money. This obviously doesn't represent all borehole experiences, but it's probably not uncommon for SA municipalities and businesses to destroy water tables in urban environments.

This is why I'm very happy that my house came with one. Not that I ever would have gone through the exercise to get one otherwise.

However, the idiot who installed/designed the irrigation annoys me so much that I hardly use the thing.

I fully intend to artificial lawn the entire bloody thing and then have someone else redo the irrigation in the same instance for the garden bits that remain, when I finally bother to find someone who can do it all and take my money for it.

So over ****ing lawns and allergies and general effort for what is an utterly useless thing at the end of the day.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

6. Saying Thanks:

Strifehart (November 26th, 2019)  

Gaming Wizard
    "Curiosity killed the cat, Satisfaction brought it back!"
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    So over ****ing lawns and allergies and general effort for what is an utterly useless thing at the end of the day.
    Same, We going to try plant wonderlawn.

Not sure if it will work or not but going to try in a section of the garden first and see how it goes.
    Already got a nice ground cover (forgot name) spreading in one section, though still requires attention.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12