Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I am customer, hear me Raru

Addicted Member
    “Adventure runs on all sorts of whiskey.”
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by error View Post
    I think raru only gives store credit instead of refunding credit card? I might be mistaken, but if so, could be pretty inconvenient.
    They give initial store credit, unless requested to refund to payment method, which then can take quite a while which can be very inconvenient.

Had a similar issue a while back.

Seems they refund in sections, so you just hope you get yours quickly.
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Squidbeard View Post
    Man... some of these customers are so entitled.

Every year Christmas time these okes start popping up. I get it, your Christmas order was canceled. But you are ordering from overseas, I don't think you understand the complexity of everything involved.

You got a full refund. But you are still whinging because no one got down on their knees and cradled your balls while apologizing.

Maybe I am wrong here, I have a cracking headache and this guy annoyed me. But I have like 8 pages of orders from Raru, and anytime there has been an issue it was handled professionally.

Clever title though.
    I think this is harsh. The fact is he was able to place the order, why was he able to do so if there was no stock?

Secondly I think posting on social media is exactly the place to raise a query when all other channels fail. It is easy to call someone entitled until this happens to you and you realize how difficult it is to get an answer when all you want is the product you ordered to be delivered in the time it was said it would be delivered. Don't take someones money to begin with when you aren't able to fulfill the order, they could have then given their business to someone who can deliver and deliver on time. You don't know the circumstances or reason for the order, if it's for a gift chances are ordering online after the refund was given elsewhere would overshoot the target date he wanted it by.

Be a bit more considerate in your responses, calling someone entitled is ridiculous and saying they are whinging and not having their balls cradled when they gave money for a promise from a supplier. It's the reputation of the supplier at stake for taking money and not honoring their end of the arrangement which is to deliver on time what was paid for. Period.

3. Saying Thanks:

barmanflash (Yesterday),  GAZZA (December 3rd, 2019),  PlayingItCool94 (December 3rd, 2019),  SPR1NGBOKKE (Yesterday)  

Oupa
    ALL DAY SON
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Squidbeard View Post
    Man... some of these customers are so entitled.

Every year Christmas time these okes start popping up. I get it, your Christmas order was canceled. But you are ordering from overseas, I don't think you understand the complexity of everything involved.

You got a full refund. But you are still whinging because no one got down on their knees and cradled your balls while apologizing.

Maybe I am wrong here, I have a cracking headache and this guy annoyed me. But I have like 8 pages of orders from Raru, and anytime there has been an issue it was handled professionally.

Clever title though.
    I understand where you're coming from, and I've never had an issue with Raru, but customer service in SA is really dismal, and extremely frustrating at times (not specifically in this case, I'm just talking in general). In other countries of the world, which are first world like we are striving to be... customer service is a priority.

Game IDs
    Experience

Yes the delivery times are not great at the moment, but you cannot fault Raru's ability to communicate...

I ordered 3 books on 29/09. The original delivery date of 18/10 was missed as well as the 'late' delivery date of 15/11. A week ago I emailed their CS team and within 20 minutes I got a response. 2 of 3 books were delivered 48 hours later, while the final one is still 'in-progress'.

Now for me I can wait weeks for books to be delivered. I guess it's difficult when it is a replacement part, or a gift, or something that is time sensitive. You cannot however claim that they do not respond in due time. Of the 30+ orders since 2015, I've never had an issue getting feedback (and I've had a few different issues along the way)

Addicted Member
    “Adventure runs on all sorts of whiskey.”
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by po10cyZA View Post
    I think this is harsh. The fact is he was able to place the order, why was he able to do so if there was no stock?

Secondly I think posting on social media is exactly the place to raise a query when all other channels fail. It is easy to call someone entitled until this happens to you and you realize how difficult it is to get an answer when all you want is the product you ordered to be delivered in the time it was said it would be delivered. Don't take someones money to begin with when you aren't able to fulfill the order, they could have then given their business to someone who can deliver and deliver on time. You don't know the circumstances or reason for the order, if it's for a gift chances are ordering online after the refund was given elsewhere would overshoot the target date he wanted it by.

Be a bit more considerate in your responses, calling someone entitled is ridiculous and saying they are whinging and not having their balls cradled when they gave money for a promise from a supplier. It's the reputation of the supplier at stake for taking money and not honoring their end of the arrangement which is to deliver on time what was paid for. Period.
    In all fairness, in OP he stated that he was in contact via there support channels and they were responding there. Posting here appears more like an I didn't like the answers I got circumstance.

That being said, having fallen on the bad side of a similar event with Raru before, having items delayed only to get responses after querying from your end and then having to wait for weeks to months for a refund so you can purchase it elsewhere sucks. This is definitely an aspect of the business that can be improved on.
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

7. Saying Thanks:

Squidbeard (Yesterday),  Uberutang (Yesterday)  

Gaming Wizard
    Husband. Gamer. Hero.
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post
    In all fairness, in OP he stated that he was in contact via there support channels and they were responding there. Posting here appears more like an I didn't like the answers I got circumstance.

That being said, having fallen on the bad side of a similar event with Raru before, having items delayed only to get responses after querying from your end and then having to wait for weeks to months for a refund so you can purchase it elsewhere sucks. This is definitely an aspect of the business that can be improved on.
    This.

He had his answer. He was just whinging here IMO.
    Final Fantasy 15 was disappointing. Hype failed me. I am Squirtbird.
    Hidden Content

Experience

I believe my first few orders from Raru was imports because **** could not be found locally. I always received the items before the expected date. This new supplier that is being used is as useful as core.
    @keenest , can't you guys check if you can get that import system to work again? Was way better than the current channel.
    LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Gaming Wizard
    Yes, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
    Game IDs
    Experience

I ordered something on the 8th of October and I'm still waiting - take it up with CS - I did and I am doomed to still wait its the nature of the beast.

I just wish they would send out a mailer or something stating there would be a delay or some for m of communication instead of you having to contact them every time. I think that's where the most irritation stems from the fact that they happily take your money and then you have to ask where's the item you ordered.

11. Saying Thanks:

abev (Yesterday)  

Experience

That’s why local online retailers should online charge a customers credit card once the order has been shipped. This way they would avoid having to deal with refunds when there is a problem with stock.

Super Moderator
    Troll Team Tango
    Hodor
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by roskii View Post
    Yes the delivery times are not great at the moment, but you cannot fault Raru's ability to communicate...

I ordered 3 books on 29/09. The original delivery date of 18/10 was missed as well as the 'late' delivery date of 15/11. A week ago I emailed their CS team and within 20 minutes I got a response. 2 of 3 books were delivered 48 hours later, while the final one is still 'in-progress'.

Now for me I can wait weeks for books to be delivered. I guess it's difficult when it is a replacement part, or a gift, or something that is time sensitive. You cannot however claim that they do not respond in due time. Of the 30+ orders since 2015, I've never had an issue getting feedback (and I've had a few different issues along the way)
    It seems to differ from department to department, though. If I order books, they're regularly late and I have to be the one to initiate contact to try and find out about the delays. But if I order boardgames, they're usually early and if there's going to be a delay then I get informed ahead of time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast