Thread: Halo reach now part of Mcc and on steam

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

Default Halo reach now part of Mcc and on steam

Time to remember reach and fight for the future.
    42 gig on x, 36 on s and 22 on steam.

Experience

Halo reach is a new game?

Experience

No its a remaster of the x360 game. I guess I should just use the windows store?
    LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    No its a remaster of the x360 game. I guess I should just use the windows store?
    Ya. 10Mb on the windows store. Aand 30 odd gb for MCC.

Oh and free on GP

Experience

That 10mb is just to "unlock" it. You need to download the MCC which currently only contains reach.
    LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Game IDs
    Experience

Yeah it sucks that you can't download any part of the MCC separately you have to have the full version which is nearly 100gb. Ah well atleast it's only a four hour download so will be ready to play from tomorrow

Gaming Wizard
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MJ INC View Post
    Yeah it sucks that you can't download any part of the MCC separately you have to have the full version which is nearly 100gb. Ah well atleast it's only a four hour download so will be ready to play from tomorrow
    That’s not true. You can pick each sp game and each mp module.

Luckily, the folks at 343 Industries had some consideration when it comes to eating up the end users bandwidth and have implemented an Intelligent Delivery option to help you manage the bandwidth hit for Halo: MCC.

After the initial download begins and gets through about the first 3GB or so, you will get the familiar Ready to Start notification on your console. Open up Halo: MCC at this point and follow these steps to trim down your bandwidth by not installing different games or game elements immediately.

From the main menu select Options & Career and then Settings. Using the LB/RB move over to the Gameplay tab and then select Change Installed Games and you will see all of the Halo: MCC games and their download progress.

Using your controller you can opt out of downloading the campaign or multi-player module for each game. By selecting to opt out of both of those for a game – that will prevent that game from being downloaded for now. If you just want to play the campaign mode in each game – toggle off the multiplayer modules. That saved me over 20GB of bandwidth. If you want to just download the games one at a time – then toggle off campaign and multiplayer for the other titles. This will maximize your bandwidth savings for now and once you finish that game you can come back to this menu and download the next one.
    Last edited by Uberutang; December 4th, 2019 at 06:11 AM.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Uberutang View Post
    That’s not true. You can pick each sp game and each mp module.
    Thank you for that though my download is now finished. Still they should have made it a lot clearer and simpler to do as I doubt most will figure it out.

Gaming Wizard
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MJ INC View Post
    Thank you for that though my download is now finished. Still they should have made it a lot clearer and simpler to do as I doubt most will figure it out.
    It was a huge announcement back in 2018 when they started doing this. So the the people that follow the xbox events will probably remember it (or more likely still have the mcc installed :P true Spartans dont delete)

10. Saying Thanks:

PsyChoPanthis (December 4th, 2019)  

Very Senior Member
    Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Uberutang View Post
    It was a huge announcement back in 2018 when they started doing this. So the the people that follow the xbox events will probably remember it (or more likely still have the mcc installed :P true Spartans dont delete)
    I dont have an X1 anymore, so now I have Halo and Forza on PC. They just need to port 5 and then all the mainline Halos are on PC as Infinite is going to be a play anywhere title.

I am a happy gamer...