Page 127 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2777107123124125126127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1349

Thread: XBOX SERIES X !! Worlds most powerful console

  1. #1261
    Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Vast_aire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pta
    Posts
    12,569
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squidbeard View Post
    I'm serious. We can do 30fps4k now. Why should I get the same next gen.
    Because we're gonna have new games designed for the new consoles. Why didn't we get 60fps standard on ps2, ps3, Ps4 after having had 60fps games on ps1?

    The whole industry is not going to change how they do things.
    Last edited by Vast_aire; May 13th, 2020 at 08:11 PM.

  2. #1262
    Oupa Jer1cho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    5,299
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vast_aire View Post
    Because we're gonna have new games designed for the new consoles. Why didn't we get 60fps standard on ps2, ps3, Ps4 after having had 60fps games on ps1?

    The whole industry is not going to change how they do things.
    I'm willing to bet though that any game that focuses on multi-player, and any action game with fast combat will be 60fps and up. Racing games, fighting games, and all indie games. It's gonna be a way bigger feature on these consoles than before I reckon.

  3. Saying Thanks:

    Vast_aire (May 13th, 2020)  

  4. #1263
    Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Vast_aire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pta
    Posts
    12,569
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jer1cho View Post
    I'm willing to bet though that any game that focuses on multi-player, and any action game with fast combat will be 60fps and up. Racing games, fighting games, and all indie games. It's gonna be a way bigger feature on these consoles than before I reckon.
    I'm pretty sure it'll be much the same, most racing and fighting games are 60fps now, same with mp Battlefield, cod etc all 60fps currently.

    Indie games will continue to be junk for the most part, I don't expect much changes there.

  5. #1264
    Addicted Member
    Feeling Possessed
    PossesedClownZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    2,816
    Experience

    Default

    https://mobile.twitter.com/akahmiii/...58544419680262

    Digital Foundry states Xbox's velocity architecture allows series X to access 100 GB of data instantly in real time and explains why the hell blade 2 trailer looked so detailed and how the SSD solution is extremely efficient

  6. Saying Thanks:

    AdrianH (May 19th, 2020),  bokka1 (May 19th, 2020)  

  7. #1265
    Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Vast_aire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pta
    Posts
    12,569
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PossesedClownZA View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/akahmiii/...58544419680262

    Digital Foundry states Xbox's velocity architecture allows series X to access 100 GB of data instantly in real time and explains why the hell blade 2 trailer looked so detailed and how the SSD solution is extremely efficient
    By Microsoft's logic/definition ps5 has access to 825gb of data instantly in real time.

  8. #1266
    Gaming Wizard StarBound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    13,598
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vast_aire View Post
    By Microsoft's logic/definition ps5 has access to 825gb of data instantly in real time.
    Well that would almost bring us back to the cartridge days. The decompression in real-time is a big thing and with it not being a burden on the cpu it's an even greater deal. MVG did a video on programming for the N64 and something similar was mentioned that because it used rambus and can't remember the other reason developers simply used uncompressed textures on the cartridge and streamed it from there instead of putting it into ram.

    LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

  9. Saying Thanks:

    Vast_aire (May 19th, 2020)  

  10. #1267
    Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Vast_aire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pta
    Posts
    12,569
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    Well that would almost bring us back to the cartridge days. The decompression in real-time is a big thing and with it not being a burden on the cpu it's an even greater deal. MVG did a video on programming for the N64 and something similar was mentioned that because it used rambus and can't remember the other reason developers simply used uncompressed textures on the cartridge and streamed it from there instead of putting it into ram.

    I think we won't really see anything like instant loading maybe 2-3 years into the gen when devs start really incorporating the ssds.

    It still baffles how some 3GB indie games have obnoxious loading when they can put the whole thing in ram, but I havnt really looked into why this the case. I rather blame indie devs for making junk.

  11. #1268
    Oupa MJ INC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,625
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    For those interested in hellblade 2 a bit of musing on the video

    https://www.reddit.com/r/hellblade/c...m_source=share

  12. #1269
    Gaming Wizard WarGod ZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Glen Marais, Kempton Park
    Posts
    9,955
    Game IDs
    Experience

  13. Saying Thanks:

    AdrianH (May 26th, 2020),  bokka1 (May 26th, 2020),  Darthdad (May 26th, 2020),  Uberutang (May 26th, 2020)  

  14. #1270
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    43
    Experience

    Default

    When is the next Xbox event?

Page 127 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2777107123124125126127128129130131 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •