Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 254142434445

Thread: XBOX SERIES X !! Worlds most powerful console

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    Yes but this is also what Dolby Atmos for Headphones already does for them right now, but through software.

It sounds like they want to do the same thing at the hardware level now which is why it’s potentially still technology from Dolby or taking their own Sonic stuff further.

Sony doesn’t presently offer any form of virtualisation from the console itself and relies on the headphones to make the magic happen with its own hardware.

And in the case of their own branded headphones they take it one step further with their own virtual 3D/surround systems, where Microsoft has embraced Dolby to do all of that for them, but at present they do it at the software layer and it’s a paid for feature.
    Ah, so that's what you guys mean by "Atmos". They needed the Dolby software to read the metadata, consoles don't need metadata to generate their surround channels - it happens on the fly. I suspect both consoles will offer Dolby Atmos output for HT systems, but being hardware based, the virtual audio can be generated straight from the uncompressed audio.

Gaming Wizard
    No.1 Pose
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    Ah, so that's what you guys mean by "Atmos". They needed the Dolby software to read the metadata, consoles don't need metadata to generate their surround channels - it happens on the fly. I suspect both consoles will offer Dolby Atmos output for HT systems, but being hardware based, the virtual audio can be generated straight from the uncompressed audio.
    Yeah both will support it for Home Theatre as a “pass through” to the receiver that the Xbox One already does right now.

It’s only the Dolby Headphones part of it which you need to pay for right now to unlock that function. Difference being it also virtualises anything, not just Atmos specific titles.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - "I am Quiet, I am the absence of words."

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    It’s only the Dolby Headphones part of it which you need to pay for right now to unlock that function. Difference being it also virtualises anything, not just Atmos specific titles.
    Yea, it's just the newest iteration of Dolby Headphone, it's a virtualisation tech they've been using for ages. Sony's new 360 Reality Audio system, which is what it sounds like they're hinting at for the PS5, is a lot more advanced - I would imagine the same is true of whatever MS plans to implement.

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

Got some awesome info on the x today. Will see what I can anonymise and share on Monday.

Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Uberutang View Post
    Got some awesome info on the x today. Will see what I can anonymise and share on Monday.
    Blegh come on man, when I see stuff like this it's like the kids in primary school who's dad worked at Sony and Microsoft.

Why/how are you privy to information that nobody else is?

Gaming Wizard
    Lets count to a Million
    Experience

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 254142434445