Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3181111127128129130131
Results 1,301 to 1,309 of 1309

Thread: XBOX SERIES X !! Worlds most powerful console

Experience

We are also creating whole new classes of innovations including the ability to double the frame rate of a select set of titles from 30 fps to 60 fps or 60 fps to 120 fps.
    I'm really curious to see how this is going to be implemented.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by TheV View Post
    I'm really curious to see how this is going to be implemented.
    By the sounds of it, it'll require developers to patch their games to run at 60 or 120 fps.

Experience

The Xbox Series X is really taking strides towards being the flagship next gen console IMO.

Clear graphical performance advantage with 52 CU so cross platform games will run beautifully.
    A good amount of first party titles coming (Halo Infinite, FH5, new Forza Motorsport, new Fable, Everwild, more in July).
    Still really good IO performance.
    Xbox SSD expansion card option which appears to lower the costs of upgrading the storage.
    Superior BC experience.
    Larger console design with really low noise (still have flashbacks of my PS4 Pros being vacuum cleaners, every one of the 3 I had over the years)

Only thing lacking is the controller IMO. Only real improvement is lower latency but I play on a 1440p/144/1ms monitor on PC with my XB1 controller and I've never thought to myself "Hey I wish the controller lagged less".

Would've liked them to add rubber grips to the back like most special edition XB1 controllers. Or even to the front like the XB Elite Series 2 controller.

4. Saying Thanks:

nykfist (Today),  Uberutang (Today),  WarGod ZA (Today)  

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    By the sounds of it, it'll require developers to patch their games to run at 60 or 120 fps.
    No devs needed. Xbox BC team does the magic for them.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Uberutang View Post
    No devs needed. Xbox BC team does the magic for them.
    Then why is it only select titles? EDIT: Oh wait, you mean the Xbox BC team goes in and does it for them?

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

Then why is it only select titles? EDIT: Oh wait, you mean the Xbox BC team goes in and does it for them?
    Yes Microsoft has a team that does just BC enhancements and updates

8. Saying Thanks:

KenMasters (Today)  

Game IDs
    Experience

They run simulations on the game performance from beginning to end.

if anything is wonky because of the emulation, they will just let it run in the mode the game was made for.

Xbox 360 or Xbox One mode.

Otherwise it will be xbox series X mode with doubled pixels/frames etc.

Devs have to do no work other than give MS the go ahead to provide a game in BC unless there are music rights etc.

J Ronald also said basically any game on xbox one currently will run on series X, unless technically there's a reason why it can't - my guess is this covers them if the kinect games aren't going to work on series x.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    The Xbox Series X is really taking strides towards being the flagship next gen console IMO.

Clear graphical performance advantage with 52 CU so cross platform games will run beautifully.
    A good amount of first party titles coming (Halo Infinite, FH5, new Forza Motorsport, new Fable, Everwild, more in July).
    Still really good IO performance.
    Xbox SSD expansion card option which appears to lower the costs of upgrading the storage.
    Superior BC experience.
    Larger console design with really low noise (still have flashbacks of my PS4 Pros being vacuum cleaners, every one of the 3 I had over the years)

Only thing lacking is the controller IMO. Only real improvement is lower latency but I play on a 1440p/144/1ms monitor on PC with my XB1 controller and I've never thought to myself "Hey I wish the controller lagged less".

Would've liked them to add rubber grips to the back like most special edition XB1 controllers. Or even to the front like the XB Elite Series 2 controller.
    You need an elite controller basically that you have to purchase additionally to get an "upgraded" controller.

I'm also dissapointed that the controller is basically just tiny adjustments and no major innovation or improvements.

but I guess we should be happy they put that money into the box instead.

Game IDs
    Experience

Pretty impressive stuff IMO.

Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3181111127128129130131