Page 369 of 369 FirstFirst ... 269319349365366367368369
Results 3,681 to 3,688 of 3688

Thread: XBOX SERIES X !! Worlds most powerful console

  1. #3681
    Addicted Member bokka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kuils River
    Posts
    4,110
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vast_aire View Post
    I don't think so, they would probably know these things way in advance and it wouldn't make much difference to their business regardless,

    It's a massive move but it won't affect Sony for years to come and even then would be such a big deal if worst case scenario there's no Bethesda games on ps5.

    The console market is going to be further dominated by Sony while Microsoft carves out their own path in the games business I think.

    Also why is Nintendo never in these conversations lol, all 3 are doing their own thing. No real competition anymore tbh.
    I think you under estimate the power of Bethesda.

    This is a huge studio.
    Hidden Content for all your Thailand travel adviceHidden Content

  2. #3682
    Oupa Jer1cho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    5,706
    Experience

    Default

    Lol if Elder Scrolls 6 is an Xbox exclusive that series S is gonna sell like illegal smokes in lockdown.

  3. Saying Thanks:

    bokka1 (Yesterday)  

  4. #3683
    Super Moderator Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    19,757
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kush View Post
    Anyone know if BT games will do a midnight launch for the series X? I will pre order from them if they do. Otherwise will just go to takealot.
    I guess with lockdown level 1 and technically still in a pandemic we don't know what will happen

  5. #3684
    Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Vast_aire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pta
    Posts
    13,503
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bokka1 View Post
    I think you under estimate the power of Bethesda.

    This is a huge studio.
    You may be right,

    Bethesda just doesn't seem to hold the same amount of weight as aktivision or take2 or any other major publisher tbh.

    Edit: thinking on it, how is nobody suprised that zenimax managed to sell for 7.5B? a quick Google shows they were valued at 2.5B in 2016, and if anything their value has gone down since then, though I can't find anything at a glance.

    Massive payday and cashout for them imo.
    Last edited by Vast_aire; Yesterday at 11:13 PM.

  6. #3685
    Gaming Wizard
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    AdrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    7,815
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vast_aire View Post
    You may be right,

    Bethesda just doesn't seem to hold the same amount of weight as aktivision or take2 or any other major publisher tbh.

    Edit: thinking on it, how is nobody suprised that zenimax managed to sell for 7.5B? a quick Google shows they were valued at 2.5B in 2016, and if anything their value has gone down since then, though I can't find anything at a glance.

    Massive payday and cashout for them imo.
    This transaction will include warranties, share allocations and various other financial and sales targets that need to be met in order for the $7.5bil to be realized. Most of the $7.5 bil will be tied up in MS shares that are probably locked in for a couple years, and then only allowed to sell off portions at a time. Other conditions like a certain amount of units of Deathloop must be sold within a period. If it falls short, financial penalities are applied to the $7.5bil.

    These kind of acquisitions are pretty much above my pay grade, literally and figuratively, my understanding of them is not much. I find it all very interesting though. I mean, $7.5 bil, that is one whopping sun of $$$. How did they arrive at that number?
    Last edited by AdrianH; Today at 12:04 AM.

  7. #3686
    Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Vast_aire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pta
    Posts
    13,503
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianH View Post
    This transaction will include warranties, share allocations and various other financial and sales targets that need to be met in order for the $7.5bil to be realized. Most of the $7.5 bil will be tied up in MS shares that are probably locked in for a couple years, and then only allowed to sell off portions at a time. Other conditions like a certain amount of units of Deathloop must be sold within a period. If it falls short, financial penalities are applied to the $7.5bil.

    These kind of acquisitions are pretty much above my pay grade, literally and figuratively, my understanding of them is not much. I find it all very interesting though. I mean, $7.5 bil, that is one whopping sun of $$$. How did they arrive at that number?
    It's also above me, all I know is zenimax is not worth 7.5B

  8. #3687
    Gaming Wizard
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    AdrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    7,815
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vast_aire View Post
    It's also above me, all I know is zenimax is not worth 7.5B
    Not today if you were to EFT that amount, then definitely not. But very little of the transaction is cash. They work it out over the warranty period which could be a few years. During that time, Zenimax and the 8 studios will very likely have to write, publish and sell a certain number of games, make a certain amount of revenue, keep staff complement and assets, and various other contractual agreements else penalties kick in. These penalties basically begin to erode the $7.5bil.

    So hypothetical, and anybody can jump in to correct me with my limited knowledge here, the warranty lasts 5 years. During that 5 years, each studio will release a game over and above the current games coming out in next few months. Those games will have budgets and deadlines, as well as sales targets. Overun the budget or deadline, penalities. Under sell the game, penalties. While this happens, MS is in charge of the finances going in and out of Zenimax, and MS takes all the revenue. Over and above this, all sales of current released games, all IP, and various other income streams also belongs to MS. And lastly they speculate how much the company will be worth in 5 years as well as how much money it can make in 5 years.

    This is my understanding how they get to a figure like that. Is $7.5bil too high or a real reflection of Zenimax now and over the next few years until warranty expire, I have zero idea?

    Also, I am trying to work out MS worth.

    At 7.5 billion shares @$200 per share, that's $1.5 trillion. This $7.5 billion is small change

    NOTE: I am not a financial person so this is just my understanding. I would like to hear from financial gurus about this and my understanding.

    EDIT: I see some articles are saying $7.5bil in cash, so maybe it is just one mother of an EFT
    Last edited by AdrianH; Today at 01:00 AM.

  9. #3688
    Gaming Wizard
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    AdrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    7,815
    Experience

    Default

    MS page is up, now to wait.

    Screenshot 2020-09-22 002909.jpg

Page 369 of 369 FirstFirst ... 269319349365366367368369

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •