Page 428 of 531 FirstFirst ... 328378408424425426427428429430431432448478528 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 5305

Thread: XBOX SERIES X !! Worlds most powerful console

  1. #4271
    Gaming Wizard
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    AdrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    8,292
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post
    Is this a thing? Closing orders versus selling allocations?

    So I wonder if MS reallocate unsold stock to sold out regions?

  2. #4272
    Addicted Member bokka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kuils River
    Posts
    4,369
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post
    Is this a thing? Closing orders versus selling allocations?
    Maybe they are going to keep all the remaining stock for retail?
    Hidden Content for all your Thailand travel adviceHidden Content

  3. #4273
    Oupa
    “So I'll drink my dreams on the rocks..."
    Cathal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Worcester
    Posts
    6,146
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bokka1 View Post
    I will bet you a month's Game Pass that all new Bethesda games won't come to P$.

    I fail to see how people can't understand this.

    Why would M$ release these games on their rival's consoles?

    Why does Nintendo not release Mario on the Xbox or P$? Because then nobody will buy their console.

    Why does P$ not release TLoU on Xbox and Nintendo?

    Now why would Xbox release their games on P$?

    I will be the first one to state here that I made a mistake if it does happen but I will be HIGHLY surprised.
    Your statement was that "all" will be exclusive.

    I said, no, only "some". Something that MS acknowledged was a case by case thing.

    I'm not arguing with you over "all" games coming to PS, so not sure why all the uppity-ness.
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

  4. #4274
    Oupa
    “So I'll drink my dreams on the rocks..."
    Cathal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Worcester
    Posts
    6,146
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bokka1 View Post
    Maybe they are going to keep all the remaining stock for retail?
    Can't imagine Raru selling a lot more after launch versus on pre-order.

    People are more likely to buy at stores in person, I'd think.

    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianH View Post
    So I wonder if MS reallocate unsold stock to sold out regions?
    Would probably be smart. But not sure if it's just a Raru thing.
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

  5. #4275
    Gaming Wizard mantis za's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    KZN
    Posts
    21,121
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bokka1 View Post
    I will bet you a month's Game Pass that all new Bethesda games won't come to P$.

    I fail to see how people can't understand this.

    Why would M$ release these games on their rival's consoles?

    Why does Nintendo not release Mario on the Xbox or P$? Because then nobody will buy their console.

    Why does P$ not release TLoU on Xbox and Nintendo?

    Now why would Xbox release their games on P$?

    I will be the first one to state here that I made a mistake if it does happen but I will be HIGHLY surprised.
    Tend to agree, Sony came to Square Enix with their big dick cheque and said make FF16 exclusive so why would Microsoft offer games they are producing to a rival platform
    Hidden Content

    Mantis is purposefully obtuse and stubborn, fuelled by fanboyism he will defend contrived rationale to the point of contradiction. Noman - 2019

  6. Saying Thanks:

    bokka1 (October 1st, 2020)  

  7. #4276
    Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Vast_aire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pta
    Posts
    14,167
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bokka1 View Post
    I will bet you a month's Game Pass that all new Bethesda games won't come to P$.

    I fail to see how people can't understand this.

    Why would M$ release these games on their rival's consoles?

    Why does Nintendo not release Mario on the Xbox or P$? Because then nobody will buy their console.

    Why does P$ not release TLoU on Xbox and Nintendo?

    Now why would Xbox release their games on P$?

    I will be the first one to state here that I made a mistake if it does happen but I will be HIGHLY surprised.
    You're going to be very suprised, while I also hope Microsoft makes future Bethesda games exclusive to xbox, it seems unlikely from a logical business standpoint at least. Afterall Microsoft is not worried about hardware sales as they say or perhaps they just say anything depending on the day?

    Phil Spencer in early 2020 "exclusives are counter to what gaming is about"
    Phil Spencer this month "future Bethesda games will be handled on a case by case basis for other consoles"

    The reason Nintendo and playstation don't release their games on other platforms is pretty simple, they have no problem selling their games on their own platforms and have much bigger game buying audience.


    You can go ahead and cry about by opinion and how I don't know anything now

  8. #4277
    Addicted Member bokka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kuils River
    Posts
    4,369
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cathal View Post
    Can't imagine Raru selling a lot more after launch versus on pre-order.

    People are more likely to buy at stores in person, I'd think.



    Would probably be smart. But not sure if it's just a Raru thing.
    No, I think it is the distributor saying that you will have pre-order stock till that date then we are going to reserve X amount of consoles for the retail release.

    I may also be completely wrong.
    @keenest ?
    Hidden Content for all your Thailand travel adviceHidden Content

  9. #4278
    Addicted Member bokka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kuils River
    Posts
    4,369
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    I said it before and I will say it again, it makes no business sense for M$ to sell their games on a rival's console.

    They have $120 billion in cash reserves, after this deal they have $112.5 billion in cash reserves.

    The numbers just don't add up if they release it on P$.

    Case by case illustrated:

    Xbox employee: Starfield Phil?

    Phil: Let me think about this, nope.

    Xbox employee: TES6 Phil?

    Phil: Let me think about this, nope.

    Xbox employee: Fallout 5 Phil?

    Phil: Let me think about this, nope.

    Xbox employee: Wolfenstein 3 Phil?

    Phil: Let me think about this, nope.

    Xbox employee: Doom 2021 Phil?

    Phil: Let me think about this, nope.

    Xbox employee: The Evil Within 3 Phil?

    Phil: Let me think about this, nope.

    Xbox employee: Dishonored 3 Phil?

    Phil: Let me think about this, nope.

    The only game I can think of that will be a maybe multi-platform game is Quake as it is a very popular MP online shooter.
    Hidden Content for all your Thailand travel adviceHidden Content

  10. Saying Thanks:

    Uberutang (October 1st, 2020)  

  11. #4279
    Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Vast_aire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pta
    Posts
    14,167
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    @bokka1

    Have you had a bad day?

    I'm starting to get worried about you

  12. #4280
    Gaming Wizard StarBound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14,568
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bokka1 View Post
    I said it before and I will say it again, it makes no business sense for M$ to sell their games on a rival's console.

    They have $120 billion in cash reserves, after this deal they have $112.5 billion in cash reserves.

    The numbers just don't add up if they release it on P$.

    Case by case illustrated:

    Xbox employee: Starfield Phil?

    Phil: Let me think about this, nope.

    Xbox employee: TES6 Phil?

    Phil: Let me think about this, nope.

    Xbox employee: Fallout 5 Phil?

    Phil: Let me think about this, nope.

    Xbox employee: Wolfenstein 3 Phil?

    Phil: Let me think about this, nope.

    Xbox employee: Doom 2021 Phil?

    Phil: Let me think about this, nope.

    Xbox employee: The Evil Within 3 Phil?

    Phil: Let me think about this, nope.

    Xbox employee: Dishonored 3 Phil?

    Phil: Let me think about this, nope.

    The only game I can think of that will be a maybe multi-platform game is Quake as it is a very popular MP online shooter.
    There are 2 ways you can see this and that is:
    1 - keep everything for your own platform making it the destination of choice.
    2 - Sell it on your rival platform and make bank from the royalties alone.

    It's all about the money. If I could sit back and do nothing while money rolls in I would do that.
    LG OLED 55C9|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Page 428 of 531 FirstFirst ... 328378408424425426427428429430431432448478528 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •