Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Stars Without Numbers -

Game IDs
    Experience

Feeling proud that she learned something new, Tanaki joins the crew back in the kitchen.

"Sure I will go with you, you did ask me to join you on this trip. I am not at all uneased by the transport. I am however feeling better knowing that both guns are working. Maybe on the way back I can practise some shots? You never know when I might need to use some shooting skills either."

Addicted Member
    macroscopic quantum phenomena
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by PaPaBeeR View Post
    Feeling proud that she learned something new, Tanaki joins the crew back in the kitchen.

"Sure I will go with you, you did ask me to join you on this trip. I am not at all uneased by the transport. I am however feeling better knowing that both guns are working. Maybe on the way back I can practise some shots? You never know when I might need to use some shooting skills either."
    //damn pcs, all about min-maxing

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by samrai.jck View Post
    //damn pcs, all about min-maxing
    She likes to learn

Addicted Member
    “Adventure runs on all sorts of whiskey.”
    Game IDs
    Experience

Tirk holds eyes with Nagathi for a moment, attempting to see whether the man knew more than he was letting on about the crates he off-handedly remarked about.

Either way, it didn't sway his own opinion on accepting the invite. Curiosity was certainly a weakness of his, one that had been to his detriment in the past. One that he still couldn't shake. He wasn't intending on showing it however.

"Hmmm," he began leaning precariously backwards in his seat, the chair creaking complainingly. "I suppose since there won't be much else to do, I might tag along. As long as it doesn't inconvenience you," he said in faux concern, "or your companion," his eyes drifted to Tanaki.

He still wasn't entirely sure about whether her loyalty stretched further than her purse, but it probably didn't matter.
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

Addicted Member
    Experience

- Scene 3202 -

The small white and yellow planet enlarges at a spectacular rate as the Vixen bursts through the atmosphere and jots down on a small landing pad. The cargo bays open and 2 armed figure, one male and one female, wait outside as Mr Nagathi ushers one with a scar across his bald head in to start transporting the cargo. "Alright, how long would you require to restock and refuel captain?", the captain standing in the cargo bay gruffs, "As long as you need but not less than 3 hours, give or take 1 for maintenance." "Good then, try not to pester Lu-Candy here, she will ensure the locals stay off your back."

"Cmon then my darling" Mr Nagathi ushers Tanaki into the backseat of the ATV Groundcar, almost jeep like Vehicle, and indicates the spot next to the bold scarred driver infront for Tirk.

The vehicle sets off over a jagged outcrop of white and yellow earth to what seems like a large mountain range. Sparse vegetation of spiraling succulents in purple, green and red passes by the vehicle. There are a few metal huts strewn about, like shanties made of broken pieces of an old ship.

As the vehicle cruises over a ridge, two humanoid figures seem to stand next to the dirt trodden road. Upon a closer inspection it seems they have human and animal features. "Ah Yes, the natives." Mr Nagathi points to one of them with a twisted finger. "My scientist contact explained that there seemed to be a human colony here and they did some experiments with anthropomorphy, giving themselves animal traits to endure the climate better you see. Some things went wrong and now they are just a bunch of ferral furries. Do you want to know what the funniest thing is? They consider us as inferior to them." And Mr Nagathi gives a good chuckle.

The mountain range draws nearer and there is a atv standing next to the road with some guards near it, the vehicle you are in stops and the bold man speaks in a low voice to the vehicle next to them. "What happened, why have you stopped here?" A man emerges from the otherside of the vehicle with a spanner in hand. "It's the bloody locals, they set spikes out for us to drive through, hiding it under the brush. I hope that's the shipment coming in, they are getting more brazen by the day." the bold man shrugs and start driving again. "shut up and get it going."

At the base of the mountain is a stockyard of bright crystals of 3 x 3 x 3m perfectly cubed crystals in 20 rows and 30cubes deep. They Sparkle with rays of dazzling bright light of pink and silver hues every time the star shines through the grey clouds.

Further in is a compound of sorts built around a huge mineshaft straight into the mountain. the ATV passes a few large behemoths, 4 legged alien like creatures with large purple bodies pulling the crystals out of the mine through the mud, atop each of them sits a local in shaggy clothing.

The ATV slowly pulls to a halt next to a small building. Of a more modern design than the shacks on the outskirts.

"This is our stop" Says Mr Nagathi, he walks over and whispers something into the bald mans ear as they load the crate onto a gravcarrier.

"Now lets see if we can find the scientist in command here."
    Last edited by samrai.jck; February 11th, 2020 at 10:26 AM.

Game IDs
    Experience

nice.

Tanaki looks wide eyed as they drive around on the new planet. It is like nothing she has seen before.

When they reach their stop she nods and follows Mr Nagathi inside the small building.

Addicted Member
    “Adventure runs on all sorts of whiskey.”
    Game IDs
    Experience

Tirk straightened out his zippered jumpsuit, which covered his undersuit, as he exited the Vixen. He couldn't help but breathe a sigh of relief once he finally stepped foot on solid ground again.

It wasn't long until Tirk found himself in the shotgun seat next to the man he assumed to be 'Lu-Candy', if his ears hadn't deceived him, and they were on their way to the next destination. Nagathi wasn't wrong when he said the place was underdeveloped. Dust and minimal flora sped past his eyes as they travelled, a boring drive.

To fill the time Tirk turned towards the scarred driver. He ventured some small talk at first, the usual what was the weather like there, what did they do in down time, and so forth.

His words trailed off for a moment as the sight of the planet natives filled his gaze and Nagathi offered insight regarding them. Considering the company sending supplies here, Tirk couldn't help but wonder if the native truly did do this to themselves, or if the scientists they were meeting had a hand in it.

"The natives aren't fond of our presence?" Tirk queried the driver as they drove off from the damaged vehicle. "Have trouble with them often? I'm assuming it's their homes we've been driving past?"

Pointing to the large slabs of crystal, that sparkled every now and then, he continued his queries. "Are they after that? Come to think of it, what is that exactly?" Even though he was asking, he was wracking his own brain, in an attempt to figure out if this had ever passed his offices back home.

"Anywho," he said, patting the driver on the shoulder, as they stopped at their destination. "See you again." Out of the ATV he climbed, proceeding to follow Nagathi.

---

Let me know if you want any specific rolls with the talking.

I'm interested in seeing if Nagathi seemed truthful about the locals experimenting on themselves.

2d6+Notice+WIS
    6+1-1+1=7

And then whether I know what is being mined.

2d6+Know+INT
    5+3+0+0=8
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

Addicted Member
    Experience

- During car ride -

On the scarred bold man and small talk
    "Ha, Lu-Candy is the piece of ass we left back at the ship, I'm Diego."

On the natives
    "The Native bastards have been here, seems to be one of the oldest colonies and was only discovered recently after the scream. They were doing the experiments on themselves since before the Scream, and when the jumpgates were all destroyed, we know this because the scientist found out they built their homes from wrecked parts of old tech, not present anywhere here, he says their DNA is still mostly human."

On the slabs
    "They grow like that, cubed on this planet, heard the scientist once saying they have some sort of important mineral in their cores."

Tirk has never seen a mineral like this being mined. He has heard of minerals inside of crystal formations. The super compression of pressure in the crystals gives materials used for the most advanced technologies.

- Out of the ATV -

Mr Nagathi leads company through a small laboratory asking busy persons in white coats for directions. The company is eventually directed out of the general laboratory into an outer wall of a domed shaped building. Glass divides the building into an outer circular corridor and an inner testing dome. A large lazer, suspended from the ceiling is cutting chunks out of a crystal cube in the centre of the dome, with 3 scientists in the room with full Vac Suits on.

"There he is." He points to one of the three scientists, and walks to a nearby panel and presses a button near an intercom panel. "Sorry to disturb your little experiment, but I have a meeting scheduled with Dr Fraz, and am on a tight schedule"

The scientists look up to a nearby speaker and one of them pulls a lever shutting down the lazer, one starts to make his way out of the dome and into the corridor.

You notice Diego the scarred bald man catching up and joining the company.

Game IDs
    Experience

Tanaki stands close to Mr Nagathi. Quietly looking around as they walk into the lab passing some people.

When they enter the testing dome she looks around trying to notice what it is they are gathering from these crystals. *Is it drugs? she thinks to herself.

Notice/Wis roll
    (4+4+0+1) 8

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456