Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Resident Evil 3 Remake Previews and Demo Confirmed

Very Senior Member
    This status is cheesy
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPrince View Post
    Don't think it feels rushed of watered down at all, the game feels far more streamlined than the original release. Some areas were expanded on and what did we actually miss out on with the levels they left out?

I'd probably be in the 8-8.5 on the game. It's more fun to play than RE2 because it's more action orientated but RE2 is the better overall game. The parts that were removed helped to streamline the game and make it more enjoyable than the original on a first play through and multiple ones after. The in game challenges also increase replayability since you use those points to unlock new items and weapons, that kind of took over the Mercenaries mode even though that other game is packaged with this. People complaining about the choices clearly haven't played the original in a very long time because 98% of the choices in RE3 were pointless, run from Nemesis or fight him, hide behind the wall or jump out the window, climb ladder or go through air duct, those choices weren't needed in this game as mechanics have evolved since then, run from him or fight him you don't need the game to give you the choice as you can make it in realtime. The ending section of this game is also one of the coolest cinematic gameplay events I've experienced in a long time, it was awesome.

The best weapons are the Hot Dagger and Rai-Den, great fun to play with those.
    ...yeah, the ending was very good.
    If you haven't noticed already, i really love cheese. I also like video games.

Hidden Content

Very Senior Member
    This status is cheesy
    Experience

Done, completed my HARDCORE run and shaved off some time. No damage, no deaths, no saves. Nemesis is officially my BITCH now. My infinite rocket launcher is tearing through everything!

Now it's time to finish this on NIGHTMARE and then INFERNO.

IMG_20200403_025241_1920x1080.jpg
    Last edited by SirCheese; April 3rd, 2020 at 03:48 AM.

Hidden Content

3. Saying Thanks:

GnarkillZA (April 3rd, 2020),  vaas213 (Today)  

Very Senior Member
    This status is cheesy
    Experience

Quick word of advice for anyone attempting to play this game on Nightmare and Inferno...UNLOCK THE INFINITE ROCKET LAUNCHER! It will make your playthrough a lot easier.

Also, master the dodge mechanic and buy the easy dodge manual from the shop. YOU ARE GOING TO NEED TO USE IT A LOT ON THE FINAL BOSS.

Also purchase 2 defense coins and an assault coin for extra damage ( get 2 if you can). Save your points and buy these items, don't worry about anything else in the shop. Once you have a infinite rocket launcher every other weapon in the game sucks.

On your Nightmare or Inferno run, make sure you have the following:

Infinite Rocket Launcher Equipped
    2 Defense Coins In Your Inventory
    2 Attack Coins In Your Inventory
    Easy Dodge Manual

If you've got that, you're set and the playthrough should be very easy up until the final boss where you will be faced with an actual challenge if you don't know how to dodge.
    Last edited by SirCheese; April 3rd, 2020 at 10:11 PM.

Hidden Content

5. Saying Thanks:

GnarkillZA (April 3rd, 2020)  

Very Senior Member
    This status is cheesy
    Experience

Ok so here is my final review after 18 hours total and getting the platinum.

This is still a 7/10 for me.

The game is good, it's fun, no doubt, but i still think it's a watered down version of the original. This is a common complaint. CAPCOM REMOVED A LOT FROM THIS GAME THAT MADE THE ORIGINAL ICONIC! Yes, i get it, they're trying to streamline the gameplay. It's fast, it's action packed, it's a lot of fun.

The game's puzzles suck. What made RE2 and RE3 very enjoyable were those breaks in chaos where you actually had to solve puzzles. It added another layer of depth and fun to the gameplay. Why Capcom decided to remove gameplay INSIDE of the actual clocktower baffles me. You only get to see it in the RE3 remake which is such a missed opportunity.

The game is short because they removed key segments BUT it's still enjoyable. It's polished, it feels great to shoot zombies in the face and the visuals are stunning.

Nemesis is not as threatening as he should be. For **** sake, the guy is one of the most menacing tyrants ever who can use weapons, we should be ****ting our pants! He only appears in scripted sequences and doesn't appear randomly stalking you like in the original RE3 (maybe some of you will consider this "scripted" but it felt random and i genuinely feared entering certain rooms thinking he might appear somewhere like BUSTING THROUGH A DAMN WINDOW AS I WALKED DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS. I don't feel that sense of fear in the remake). Mr. X's loud thumping footsteps are more intimidating than Nemesis's presence. He doesn't feel relentless. I don't feel any sense of fear when he arrives because i know i can simply press the dodge mechanic to avoid all of his attacks EASILY.

Also, the iconic death sequence between Brad and Nemesis is not present in the RE3 remake. It's one of those iconic cinematics i'll never forget.

Mercenaries mode should have been included alongside Resistance.

Anyway, the game is still fun and you should play it.
    Last edited by SirCheese; Today at 03:42 PM.

Hidden Content

7. Saying Thanks:

vaas213 (Today)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SirCheese View Post
    Ok so here is my final review after 18 hours total and getting the platinum.

This is still a 7/10 for me.

The game is good, it's fun, no doubt, but i still think it's a watered down version of the original. This is a common complaint. CAPCOM REMOVED A LOT FROM THIS GAME THAT MADE THE ORIGINAL ICONIC! Yes, i get it, they're trying to streamline the gameplay. It's fast, it's action packed, it's a lot of fun.

The game's puzzles suck. What made RE2 and RE3 very enjoyable were those breaks in chaos where you actually had to solve puzzles. It added another layer of depth and fun to the gameplay. Why Capcom decided to remove gameplay INSIDE of the actual clocktower baffles me. You only get to see it in the RE3 remake which is such a missed opportunity.

The game is short because they removed key segments BUT it's still enjoyable. It's polished, it feels great to shoot zombies in the face and the visuals are stunning.

Nemesis is not as threatening as he should be. For **** sake, the guy is one of the most menacing tyrants ever who can use weapons, we should be ****ting our pants! He only appears in scripted sequences and doesn't appear randomly stalking you like in the original RE3 (maybe some of you will consider this "scripted" but it felt random and i genuinely feared entering certain rooms thinking he might appear somewhere like BUSTING THROUGH A DAMN WINDOW AS I WALKED DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS. I don't feel that sense of fear in the remake). Mr. X's loud thumping footsteps are more intimidating than Nemesis's presence. He doesn't feel relentless. I don't feel any sense of fear when he arrives because i know i can simply press the dodge mechanic to avoid all of his attacks EASILY.

Also, the iconic death sequence between Brad and Nemesis is not present in the RE3 remake. It's one of those iconic cinematics i'll never forget.

Mercenaries mode should have been included alongside Resistance.

Anyway, the game is still fun and you should play it.
    Agreed that the game is a 7/10.

Mr X was the perfect template for Nemesis, instead he is reduced to a set piece. The only time he is actually a free roamer is for the short trek back from one of the objectives.

Alot and I do mean a lot of RE3 is missing. Yes the Brad thing was changed and it actually kind of fits in with the RE2 remake. But that section is cut from Jill and given to Carlos instead. There are also a few cuts and replacements that I do not approve of. The main thing most people that loved RE3 will complain about is the lack of puzzles. Its not stream lining the game but rather main streaming and removing part of what gave the game its charm ...although I am completely for the removal of the puzzle where you have to find a car battery in a city full of cars.

It's good, its worth a play, infact its worth a replay with its collectables and unlocks but its missing key elements from the original that could have easily put it on par with RE2 remake.
    LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910