Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 181

Thread: TLOU2 Spoiler Discussion [WARNING MASSIVE SPOILERS STAY AWAY]

  1. #161
    Ninja
    Best Mafia Player 2012
    Sipho/Sipson I dont know anymore :'(
    Siphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    27,399
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    @creemyv

    Here is the video I watched ...I think. I cannot remember if there was one before where he mentioned he got hit and he disputed.



    I'm going in saying I might be wrong having not watched the video that was claimed as it was already down. I actually checked today skipping through the video especially the part he wouldn't go in that might be a possible reason for the claim. 2 days later the claims were dropped. Can't believe its been a month.
    This guy is just as bad as the quartering

  2. #162
    Gaming Wizard Fid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    12,949
    Experience

    Default

    I believe it should be “Sony wants to take me to court”.

  3. #163
    Addicted Member
    "PS4 Sky have no Cloud"
    creemyv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Benoni
    Posts
    3,319
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    Here is the video I watched ...I think. I cannot remember if there was one before where he mentioned he got hit and he disputed.



    I'm going in saying I might be wrong having not watched the video that was claimed as it was already down. I actually checked today skipping through the video especially the part he wouldn't go in that might be a possible reason for the claim. 2 days later the claims were dropped. Can't believe its been a month.
    Thanks for the link. Watched the video, saw that he said he would actually process the appeal and checked his channel to see what was the outcome and lo and behold his video was back up within two days and has been earning him his money for the critical discussion it provides to the world of gaming.



    So to recap, everyone who had the leaked footage had their videos permanently deleted. Everyone who had critical pieces about the leak but got caught up in the mass take-downs of anything to do with the leaks but took the step to actually appeal had their video's back online within a couple of days with their monetization not affected at all.

    And this elicited a reponse of Sony/ND bad, pre-order cancelled in people

    I don't get it but too each their own. Thank you for engaging with me about this because I truly couldn't see how anyone could come to that conclusion but if the headline says "Sony unfairly takes down all videos about the leaks whether it is shown or not" and that is all you ever see then it is easier to believe that was the whole story.
    "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?"
    Hidden Content

  4. Saying Thanks:

    $eR8Ed (Yesterday),  Cathal (June 30th, 2020),  SPR1NGBOKKE (Yesterday)  

  5. #164
    Gaming Wizard StarBound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    13,826
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creemyv View Post
    I don't get it but too each their own. Thank you for engaging with me about this because I truly couldn't see how anyone could come to that conclusion but if the headline says "Sony unfairly takes down all videos about the leaks whether it is shown or not" and that is all you ever see then it is easier to believe that was the whole story.
    There was a little test that we were told about the one day during a training session I attended. It went something like this:
    A car wreck was at the scene of an intersection. The class was asked what happened. The answer given was there was an accident.
    The facts:
    The car wreck was placed there the morning. The police were directing traffic when the trainees showed up.
    All that happened was assumptions and that was passed on.

    I also ignored the takedown thing until I saw this video. Once explanations and evidence comes into play decisions are much easier to make. That is also why I look at any social media outrages or outcries with skepticism. In this case ND simply did to people what that one guy did when he sued Jim Sterling for deformation when his game was heavily criticized. I think the same happened to Totalbiscuit when he critiqued a barely functioning game.

    I do wonder though what my experience with the game would have been had they not done their strikes.
    LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

  6. #165
    Gaming Wizard
    Framerate Enthusiast & Graphics Slut.
    Strifehart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Crow Fountain, Cape Town
    Posts
    10,834
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    There was a little test that we were told about the one day during a training session I attended. It went something like this:
    A car wreck was at the scene of an intersection. The class was asked what happened. The answer given was there was an accident.
    The facts:
    The car wreck was placed there the morning. The police were directing traffic when the trainees showed up.
    All that happened was assumptions and that was passed on.

    I also ignored the takedown thing until I saw this video. Once explanations and evidence comes into play decisions are much easier to make. That is also why I look at any social media outrages or outcries with skepticism. In this case ND simply did to people what that one guy did when he sued Jim Sterling for deformation when his game was heavily criticized. I think the same happened to Totalbiscuit when he critiqued a barely functioning game.

    I do wonder though what my experience with the game would have been had they not done their strikes.
    I think you should judge the game, by playing the game and not by the politics/preconceptions around it.

    Judge the art, not the artist.

  7. Saying Thanks:

    $eR8Ed (Yesterday),  Cathal (June 30th, 2020),  creemyv (Yesterday),  Siphon (June 30th, 2020),  SPR1NGBOKKE (Yesterday)  

  8. #166
    Oupa
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    AdrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    6,815
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strifehart View Post
    Judge the art, not the artist.
    Well, some art is kak but gets praised. Just saying.

    I don't know why SB is so negative though.


  9. #167
    Gaming Wizard StarBound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    13,826
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianH View Post
    Well, some art is kak but gets praised. Just saying.

    I don't know why SB is so negative though.

    Why did you link one of the room from the Ubisoft headquaters?

    Maybe once the game hits PS+ and gets a PS5 upgrade I will have a look. Right now I feel happy with the other games on my plate.
    LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

  10. #168
    Super Moderator Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    19,599
    Experience

    Default

    Finally finished this game

    WHAT A MASTERPIECE

  11. #169
    Oupa $eR8Ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kosmosdaal
    Posts
    5,552
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    There was a little test that we were told about the one day during a training session I attended. It went something like this:
    A car wreck was at the scene of an intersection. The class was asked what happened. The answer given was there was an accident.
    The facts:
    The car wreck was placed there the morning. The police were directing traffic when the trainees showed up.
    All that happened was assumptions and that was passed on.

    I also ignored the takedown thing until I saw this video. Once explanations and evidence comes into play decisions are much easier to make. That is also why I look at any social media outrages or outcries with skepticism. In this case ND simply did to people what that one guy did when he sued Jim Sterling for deformation when his game was heavily criticized. I think the same happened to Totalbiscuit when he critiqued a barely functioning game.

    I do wonder though what my experience with the game would have been had they not done their strikes.
    It's really simple, stop wondering play the game or forget about it and go on with dear life. Your test however was asked in such a way to force an assumption. What exactly was it testing?

  12. #170
    Super Moderator Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    19,599
    Experience

    Default

    @creemyv I wanted Ellie to save Abby and become friends .... sail off into the sunset forgiving each other and making peace

    I still however understand the ending etc etc

  13. Saying Thanks:

    creemyv (Yesterday),  SPR1NGBOKKE (Yesterday)  

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •