Thread: The benefits of a VPN

Gaming Wizard
    Mr Bubz likez Dubz
    Experience

Default The benefits of a VPN

So I know a VPN makes your data browsing more private and you can spoof your location, are there any benefits beyond this?
    i feel like I remember seeing @SauRoN saying something about it...?

also how do you implement it at a router level, so that all devices are automatically going through the vpn?

i know for example as a vox customer they lock you out of access to your router
    WHY DO YOU HAVE SIGNATURES TURNED ON, THAT SHlT WASTEFUL YO.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by abev View Post
    So I know a VPN makes your data browsing more private and you can spoof your location, are there any benefits beyond this?

also how do you implement it at a router level, so that all devices are automatically going through the vpn?

Not VPN advice but I use my own router on both my VOX accounts. Their free routers I keep in the cupboard.
    Hidden Content for all your Thailand travel adviceHidden Content

Oupa
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    Experience

Yes, you can setup the VPN details on the router. Each router will have it's own list of VPN protocols you can connect with.

What's important is getting a router that supports not only VPN connectivity, but had hardware enabled encryption/decryption of the VPN data otherwise you severely limit the routers throughout when using VPN as the router CPU has to handle this work

Gaming Wizard
    Mr Bubz likez Dubz
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianH View Post
    Yes, you can setup the VPN details on the router. Each router will have it's own list of VPN protocols you can connect with.

What's important is getting a router that supports not only VPN connectivity, but had hardware enabled encryption/decryption of the VPN data otherwise you severely limit the routers throughout when using VPN as the router CPU has to handle this work
    Can you suggest a good router?
    In terms of not using vox's router, would it be as simple as plug and play, or would I need to get them to do something @bokka1
    WHY DO YOU HAVE SIGNATURES TURNED ON, THAT SHlT WASTEFUL YO.

Oupa
    ALL DAY SON
    Game IDs
    Experience

I think this is very important. VPNs aren't all they're made out to be.

6. Saying Thanks:

abev (May 24th, 2020),  creemyv (May 24th, 2020),  SLYGUY (May 24th, 2020)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Can you suggest a good router?
    In terms of not using vox's router, would it be as simple as plug and play, or would I need to get them to do something @bokka1
    I just entered my login details in my own router and it worked.
    Hidden Content for all your Thailand travel adviceHidden Content

Addicted Member
    "PS4 Sky have no Cloud"
    Experience

Unless you want to play the cat and mouse of trying to get access to a different region's Netflix, Hulu or Prime libraries I don't think a VPN is worth all the effort and costs involved.

You can get user access to the router by filing out a form and sending it back to Vox. However, if you end up messing something up on the settings on the router, they will not provide offsite support since they won't be able to login remotely.
    "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?"
    Hidden Content

9. Saying Thanks:

SLYGUY (May 24th, 2020)