Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xenoblade Chronicles II

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    XC was great when it released. The huge world and MMO like mechanics worked well. XC2 still had the huge world but traversal changed much after the first 10 hours or so when you started to travel with your skell and then even faster once you finally got flying much later on.

XC2 imo is just the better game. Everything is more refined with the world being a bit more compact yet still large when travelling. So everything more important was brought closer then you had the large world to explore.
    If you hadn't played 1 first, or indeed had much experience with the JRPG genera, would you feel you could still easily get to grips with XC2s systems? Those are what are daunting me on that game, heck most of what I see online is that the first 16 hours are tutorial-esque in nature and that scares the bejesus out of me.

Addicted Member
    Wiedzmin 3!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Just get XCDE it's well worth the R1000. Same goes for both XCDE and XC2. Like I've mentioned in another thread, it looks confusing and daunting at first but you get used to it very quickly. FYI XC2 still has tutorials like 45 hours into the game when new mechanics are introduced. I just finished XCDE the other day and it was amazing. I love both games equally but XC has a much better story IMO, not that XC2 is lacking in story department.

XCDE is a bit easier to get into thanks to quality of life improvements. One of my biggest complaints with XC2 is that the quest marker system is confusing as hell, you can see how far your goal is from you but not how to get there and sometimes it can be frustrating. XCDE tracks this on you minimap and tells you exactly where to go, even for sidequests.
    Hidden Content
    “Sometimes we have the absolute certainty there's something inside us that's so hideous and monstrous that if we ever search it out we won't be able to stand looking at it. But it's when we're willing to come face to face with that demon that we face the angel.”
    — Hubert Selby Jr. (Last Exit to Brooklyn)

3. Saying Thanks:

Jonboy (June 17th, 2020)  

Experience

OK well great, I'm so keen now, thanks all!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12