Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Demon's Souls Remake

Very Senior Member archondiluvian's Avatar
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by johndeckardza View Post
    OK cool thanks guys - yeah Cling ring I'm using. Seems like next up is Crescent Falchion. 4-1. Will keep you posted. Is it worth getting bows for long range damage if you are playing a mage? The range of the spells seems very limited.

Edit: How do you call in help?
    Read through this tutorial.

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/de...line-play-work

2. Saying Thanks:

johndeckardza (July 19th, 2021)  

Oupa
    *laughs in deranged*
    Game IDs
    Experience

OK cool thanks guys - yeah Cling ring I'm using. Seems like next up is Crescent Falchion. 4-1. Will keep you posted. Is it worth getting bows for long range damage if you are playing a mage? The range of the spells seems very limited.

Edit: How do you call in help?
    A ranged weapon is always recommended for any character build, especially if you want to cheese/snipe/kite enemies to pick em off.
    Since you're struggling for now, when you get to 4-1 (watch the clip archon posted), just run past all the enemies to get the weapon and then go back to 2-1 and carry on.

4. Saying Thanks:

johndeckardza (July 20th, 2021)  

Experience

Easy mode. Play as a royal. Get the crescent falcion. That's it.

6. Saying Thanks:

Acheron (July 20th, 2021),  johndeckardza (July 20th, 2021)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Jer1cho View Post
    Easy mode. Play as a royal. Get the crescent falcion. That's it.
    This seems to be it. I switched to firebolt for the skeletons and could 2 shot them with some rolling. I could even cheese the red eyed guardian near the Crescent Falcion by shooting him from the ramp up. Got the Crescent Falcion and from there it has been a different game. Went back to 2-1, made it all the way to Ed without dying once. Also realized (from the cheesing of the red eyed guardian) that you can shoot magic without a lock but with minor adjustments to the aim, so I could cheese the fat men with firebolts too. I'll finish 2-1 then go back to 1-2 and try the Tower Knight. Next play through I want to play a Knight though.

8. Saying Thanks:

Jer1cho (July 20th, 2021),  Sting_Ray (July 20th, 2021)  

Alive
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by archondiluvian View Post
    whats with your avatar?
    I don't really use this much

10. Saying Thanks:

Warcry_ZA (July 21st, 2021)  

Experience

This seems to be it. I switched to firebolt for the skeletons and could 2 shot them with some rolling. I could even cheese the red eyed guardian near the Crescent Falcion by shooting him from the ramp up. Got the Crescent Falcion and from there it has been a different game. Went back to 2-1, made it all the way to Ed without dying once. Also realized (from the cheesing of the red eyed guardian) that you can shoot magic without a lock but with minor adjustments to the aim, so I could cheese the fat men with firebolts too. I'll finish 2-1 then go back to 1-2 and try the Tower Knight. Next play through I want to play a Knight though.
    Where's the daily demons souls update ?

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Where's the daily demons souls update ?
    Sorry - I've been mesmerized with it. Tower Knight I beat on the second run. I honestly thought he'd be harder, that said the Crescent Falcion probably did most of the damage. From there I went to 2-1 and beat the spider boss (cheesed him though). Moved onto 3-1 and I've been struggling with that level - I'm right at the last boss though (as I'm typing this, I'm about 1/3 of her health down and in photo mode!). 3-1 had me confused on the level design and I was not expecting the Mind Flayers to wipe you out with 1 or 2 shots. Ouch. Anyway if I defeat Fool's Idol - I'm off to 4-1. R&C has taken a back seat!

13. Saying Thanks:

Viking (July 21st, 2021)  

Experience

Sorry - I've been mesmerized with it. Tower Knight I beat on the second run. I honestly thought he'd be harder, that said the Crescent Falcion probably did most of the damage. From there I went to 2-1 and beat the spider boss (cheesed him though). Moved onto 3-1 and I've been struggling with that level - I'm right at the last boss though (as I'm typing this, I'm about 1/3 of her health down and in photo mode!). 3-1 had me confused on the level design and I was not expecting the Mind Flayers to wipe you out with 1 or 2 shots. Ouch. Anyway if I defeat Fool's Idol - I'm off to 4-1. R&C has taken a back seat!
    Try not to cheese it takes away the thrill

15. Saying Thanks:

johndeckardza (July 21st, 2021)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Try not to cheese it takes away the thrill
    Next round I'm playing a Knight I think - more hand-to-hand. Less space to cheese I think.

Checking out Youtube vids also kills half the difficulty. I mean no way I would have seen or known to kill disco bob prisoner prior to the boss fight had I not seen the 3-1 video.
    Last edited by johndeckardza; July 21st, 2021 at 07:05 PM.

17. Saying Thanks:

Viking (July 21st, 2021)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Fool's idol boss killed last night on second attempt. I see she kinda gives up shooting soul bolts at you (as do her clones) and then she faces away for a while. So patience prevailed and I finished her off. I'm back to 4-1 now. The skeletons are still pretty tough for a mage though - confined spaces (like the corridors) really make them difficult as you just don't have space or time to cast and they can two/three shot you. The Grey Demon I just hit at range with a flame bolt. No idea why he didn't attempt to attack me but yeah - I cheesed him I guess? Seems like his AI is a little bit broken for him though. So: The Adjudicator is the next one up. After that I suspect I'll need to read up and find somewhere to do some stone farming to upgrade the Falcion.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 111213141516 LastLast