Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1415161718

Thread: Demon's Souls Remake

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by johndeckardza View Post
    Dagnamit - too late for that - I spent that soul on soul points (this was before I knew you could use them for other things). Poison and thief ring works on the Wraiths, so the first wraith is easy, it is the second one that is way down at the bottom of the stairs - I just can't get to him.
    Ah damn what a pity. That bow is the best in the game. Can always get it in the NG+ run if you do it. I would always shoot him, run off the ledge and die, then respawn get souls and repeat. Best way of farming in the game is that one reaper just after Adjudicator Archstone. Shoot him from the top and then go die rinse and repeat.

2. Saying Thanks:

johndeckardza (July 28th, 2021)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Jer1cho View Post
    There's a bow called lava bow I think. You must get it. I think you use the spider soul for that bow or maybe flame lurkers I can't remember. But it was the best bow in the game for me. Also perfect for when you farm the reaper at the shrine of storms.
    The Flamelurker's soul you give to Blacksmith Ed to make boss weapons, after you +7 your bow you'll be able to craft the Lava Bow. Alternatively the White Bow is another op bow, only downside your faith has to be at 25 I think.

4. Saying Thanks:

johndeckardza (July 29th, 2021)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Escaflowne View Post
    The Flamelurker's soul you give to Blacksmith Ed to make boss weapons, after you +7 your bow you'll be able to craft the Lava Bow. Alternatively the White Bow is another op bow, only downside your faith has to be at 25 I think.
    The Spider Soul I consumed, the Flamelurker I gave to Ed. So I need to get any bow to +7? Then he'll convert it? I got the White bow - but the stats are insane to be able to use it. Strength 30 Dex 24 (I think). I just can't get to those levels for Str and Dex. Everyone is saying mages are OP, I'm not seeing it to be honest. Basically everything can one or two shot you unless you are wearing the Cling Ring (which then destroys one ring slot). Spell range is pitiful too, and there is no "aiming" as such so you have to guess over the shoulder. Honestly I'd rather be playing something that can take a few hits right now.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by johndeckardza View Post
    The Spider Soul I consumed, the Flamelurker I gave to Ed. So I need to get any bow to +7? Then he'll convert it? I got the White bow - but the stats are insane to be able to use it. Strength 30 Dex 24 (I think). I just can't get to those levels for Str and Dex. Everyone is saying mages are OP, I'm not seeing it to be honest. Basically everything can one or two shot you unless you are wearing the Cling Ring (which then destroys one ring slot). Spell range is pitiful too, and there is no "aiming" as such so you have to guess over the shoulder. Honestly I'd rather be playing something that can take a few hits right now.
    Yes you can use any bow to level up to +7 then Blacksmith Ed will make the Lava Bow for you. One thing I forgot to mention is you need a Hard Demon Soul as well which you get from the Armor Spider.

Thing with aiming is you gotta lock onto your target when using ranged attacks like the Soul Arrow.

Game IDs
    Experience

OK so finally, after what seemed like 50 or more runs, I made it through 4-2 The Ritual Path, and in the same run beat the boss. I eventually ended up having to farm souls to improve Dex skills to make a bow worth the effort. The Old Hero Boss was too easy with the Thief ring. Then onto 4-3 - which I also beat (on second run through). Storm King seemed way too easy with that Storm sword. Back to 5-2 and beat that boss on first attempt (Dirty Colossus). Then onto 5-3 - I cheesed Maiden Astraea with a bow on second attempt, although honestly I didn't think Garl would have been too tough either. I almost had him on the first attempt, but he healed unexpectedly...... That's not leaving much left - back to Boletarian palace for 1-3 and 1-4 and also the Ivory Tower 3-3 and I'm done. Great game. Looking forward to my New Game +.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1415161718