Thread: Sending out Review Codes to SAGamer and potentially other Gaming Websites?

Experience

Post Sending out Review Codes to SAGamer and potentially other Gaming Websites?

Hello there! I hope everyone here is doing well and keeping safe.

I am an independent game developer and I will be releasing my first big Game on Steam later this year. I am curious on how I could get some reviews for the game about a week before the game's release, in order to gain exposure and feedback. I am planning on supporting this Title for as long as possible by giving it small content updates after release. It is a Local Multiplayer game, with some Single Player content as well. Some feedback would be nice, please.

Hope you have a great day!

2. Saying Thanks:

faeez13 (June 24th, 2020),  icebreaker202 (June 27th, 2020),  Neptune (July 1st, 2020),  ryuDswift (June 25th, 2020),  Wyvern (June 30th, 2020)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by V Master View Post
    Hello there! I hope everyone here is doing well and keeping safe.

I am an independent game developer and I will be releasing my first big Game on Steam later this year. I am curious on how I could get some reviews for the game about a week before the game's release, in order to gain exposure and feedback. I am planning on supporting this Title for as long as possible by giving it small content updates after release. It is a Local Multiplayer game, with some Single Player content as well. Some feedback would be nice, please.

Hope you have a great day!
    I'd probably recommend putting some criteria in place in order to qualify for a review key that way you know people that get a review key will take it more serious instead of just applying to get a free game also have you considered maybe having a test group for the game so people can give you feedback during the development phase of the game?

4. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (June 23rd, 2020),  faeez13 (June 24th, 2020),  Midnights_Ghost (June 23rd, 2020),  Raikan007 (June 24th, 2020),  Sting_Ray (June 23rd, 2020),  UrBaN (June 23rd, 2020)  

Addicted Member
    “Adventure runs on all sorts of whiskey.”
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cravinho View Post
    a test group for the game so people can give you feedback during the development phase of the game?
    Agreed on this, having some play testers usually helps with getting rid of some glaring issues that you become blind to, whilst still providing some measure of control, in my opinion.
    ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

6. Saying Thanks:

Cravinho (June 23rd, 2020),  faeez13 (June 24th, 2020),  Raikan007 (June 24th, 2020),  ryuDswift (June 25th, 2020),  UrBaN (June 23rd, 2020)  

Experience

Does your game feature golf clubs? I heard those can really drag down the critical reception.

8. Saying Thanks:

Cravinho (June 30th, 2020)  

Very Senior Member PlayingItCool94's Avatar
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainE View Post
    Does your game feature golf clubs? I heard those can really drag down the critical reception.
    https://v-master.itch.io/snack-hunter

10. Saying Thanks:

CaptainE (July 1st, 2020),  ToothyColt3598 (June 30th, 2020)