Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your 2020 games list so far

Experience

If we're talking about games actually released in 2020 that I played, then the list is depressingly small: Metro X.

However through the course of 2020, I have played some good games to excellent games that were released years prior:

*Everdell - this is a great tableau building game. Despite its cutesy looks, I found it quite thinky. I'd like to own it when the prices goes down.

*Tapestry - euro style game with civilization elements. Great production quality (some would say over-produced) but there is too much luck in it for some people. I enjoy my few plays of it but no desire to own it.

*Scythe: Rise of Fenris - we completed the campaign early this year, with a decided victory for me (Team Crimea FTW). I like what it adds to the base game of Scythe but I don't consider it a must-have expansion. In fact, I'm selling my sealed copy of it if you're interested.

*Pandemic Legacy season 1 - we had just gotten stuck into this before the lockdown hit. I hope at some point we can continue. It was a standout of the year for me.

*Endeavor Age of Sail - I have had this in shrink for close to a year and finally got it to the table with 3 player. It was an incredibly fun and tight game. Would happily play again at the full player count if gathering are allowed again.

*Food Chain Magnate - another highlight. It's a brutal. For the first time time in never, we stopped the game short because it was clear that one person wasn't not going to be beat. While I would love to play this more often, I have to settle for solo which is hardly that much fun.

*Suburbia: Collectors Edition - this is a great updated version of the original, and pricey to boot! Would love to own it but unlikely to unless there is a huge price drop.

*Mansions of Madness - we played an easy scenario and won without much fuss. Love the app integration but don't feel the need for more Cthulhu in my life.

*Gugong - based on the old Chinese tradition of exchanging gifts (it's a bribe) to get stuff done. Solid euro which I excelled at. Definitely would like to have this in my collection.

2. Saying Thanks:

cowbrains (July 1st, 2020),  Fid (June 30th, 2020)  

Very Senior Member
    Experience

In order of play:

Life is Strange 2: I enjoyed it, but it didn't have the same impact on me as the original.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Enjoyed the combat, and the RPG elements they enhanced from Origins. The story was a bit uninspiring at times. Really enjoyed it, but it got a bit repetitive and I ran out of steam and couldn't finish the Fate of Atlantis DLC.

Shadow of The Tomb Raider: The best looking game of the trilogy. Enjoyed the gameplay and the locations. The story uninspiring, but better overall compared to Rise of the TR.

Uncharted 4: Played through the Survival MP purely for the trophies. Fun and addictive, but can get quite tricky on harder difficulties.

A Plague Tale: Innocence: What a great game and story telling. The atmosphere and visuals were great. Gameplay I enjoyed, just the sling was a bit frustrating at times as it wasn't very responsive. All the Independent GOTY's from 2019 was justified.

Fifa 20: Literally got myself a month's EA Access as I didn't have anything to play before LOU2 released. Was my first Fifa game since 2010. Played through the Volta story and finished 2 seasons of Career mode. Got bored quick after 2 weeks of playing.

The Last of Us Remastered: Played through on Grounded Mode and Grounded Plus Mode in preparation for LOU2. The game still holds up after all these years and the Masterpiece tag justified.

The Last of Us Part II: MASTERPIECE! The best visuals I've experience ever, along with the gripping story telling and twists and turns Naughty Dog takes you on. The gameplay is a great improvement from the original in every aspect of the game.

Addicted Member
    Wiedzmin 3!
    Game IDs
    Experience

I might change the order up here and there as I remember what I've played this year. Ill add TLOU2 once I've finished it.

1. Nioh 2 - Love this game. Great combat system with a lot of depth and lots of awesome boss fights. I really enjoy this game and can't wait for the DLC

2. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition - Having really enjoyed XC2 I was really looking forward to this one and it did not disappoint. I loved everything about this game, the gameplay, the story, the music, the world design, etc. Everything is just amazing/ A must play for JRPG fans.

3. Borderlands 3 (DLC) - Loved the main game last year, loving the DLC now

4. Dragon Quest XI - S - Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition - This was my first ever turn based JRPG that I played to completion and also my first ever Draqon Quest. I liked the characters and especially like the distinctive Akira Toriyama character style.

5. Children of Morta - As far as rogue lites go this is one of the better ones I have played. It features a few playable characters to choose from, each with their own playstyle, as well as a decent narrative and great pixel art visual style.

6. Animal Crossing New Horizons - Never in a million years did I expect I would play and enjoy a game like this, but 100 hours later and I'm a fan. I don't play it as regularly anymore but I do still log in from time to time and I look forward to new content.

7. Splatoon 2 - I really enjoy everything this game has to offer. The standard campaign was a lot of fun and has some challenging boss battles but the Octo Expansion is where the singleplayer shines. It has a bunch of interesting and often unique challenges to take on with a really cool finale to go out on a high note. Some of the challenges are a little too hard but you can skip them if you want. The multplayer is also a lot of fun.
    Hidden Content
    “Sometimes we have the absolute certainty there's something inside us that's so hideous and monstrous that if we ever search it out we won't be able to stand looking at it. But it's when we're willing to come face to face with that demon that we face the angel.”
    — Hubert Selby Jr. (Last Exit to Brooklyn)

Experience

Well initially I was thinking of it as a midyear GOTY 2020 thing but with all of the games being listed it kind of speaks volumes that people still have many games from previous years they haven't played and are only getting around to now. Interesting in a completely different manner.
    LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    Well initially I was thinking of it as a midyear GOTY 2020 thing but with all of the games being listed it kind of speaks volumes that people still have many games from previous years they haven't played and are only getting around to now. Interesting in a completely different manner.
    Most of the big games from this year I'm waiting to play on the PS5. Also, since going digital, I rarely buy anything around release time, generally waiting until it's at least 50% off. There's just too much to play these days, too often I'd find a game I bought day and date going for a song by the time I actually got to it.

7. Saying Thanks:

ngwane (July 1st, 2020)  

Gaming Wizard
    Husband. Gamer. Hero.
    Game IDs
    Experience

So just a list of games we played this year?

Final Fantasy 7 Remake - Probably the most Fun gaming I had all year. Excellent game.

Divinty 2 - also had a blast playing this. When you realise the first 10 hours are only the tutorial.

Pokemon mystery dungeon - it was okay. More of the same.

Sekiro. - finally played it this year. I enjoyed the parts in between the boss fights. But I didn't enjoy smashing my head against the wall.

Star Wars Fallen order - got bored 2 hours in.

Fallout 76 Wastelanders - had a better time than I expected. Recommend for fallout fans

Division 2 - Enjoyed it for what it was. Got it for cheap so no regrets

Salt and Sanctuary - bought several years ago but never played, finally picked it up. I love this game. Enjoyed it immensely.

Slay the spire - I wanted this after playing the cheap rip off version called monster slayer, but I actually Enjoy Monster Slayer more. This game was alright.

Patapon 2 remastered - love patapon. Always a delight to play.

Eagerly awaiting Ghost of Toshiba and Cyberpunk
    Final Fantasy 15 was disappointing. Hype failed me. I am Squirtbird.
    Hidden Content

Experience

I could stand to wait for a sale on many game to be quite honest. Impatience is my biggest weakness. Specifically thinking Shadow of the TR was 50% off a month after release. I also have a lot of games from sales that I haven't touched so that is another issue I should address and that is the tried and true buy a game and finish it before buying the next.

Another should also be sticking to certain genres. If however I stick to that I would not really need to upgrade my PC much because my main game is Guild Wars 2 which runs like **** no matter your hardware.

The fact that Epic poaches PC releases pisses me off but at the same time its a forced waiting period and when those games eventually does get released I have a years worth of "Is this game good enough to buy" etc.
    LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Experience

There were very few games from the first half of the year that appealed to me.
    Ori and the Will of the Wisps was one, beautiful and so smooth on PC.
    DBZ Kakarot was another but that just made me realized I've outgrown DBZ and its no longer that interesting to me.
    Caught up on my backlog mostly.

The second half of this year will be packed with many good games which is something very special that doesn't happen very often.

The next 2 months :
    Deaths Stranding PC, Horizon Zero Dawn PC, Dark Pictures Little Hope, Tell Me Why and Serious Sam 4

This holiday season :
    Cyberpunk 2077, Assassins Creed Valhalla, Halo Infinite, The Medium, Kena Bridge of the Spirits, Dirt 5, Vampire Bloodlines 2 and Deathloop

There's also a good chance of a Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War, Watch Dogs 3 and a new Forza title.

Overall it's a great time for gaming, even if some titles inevitably get delayed till next year.

Experience

COD WW2 - Like this more than Modern Warfare

Modern Warfare - It was okay, nothing unexpected for the franchise.

Detroit Become Human - It was okay, pretty.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by friendlinzh View Post

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post

LMAO @friendlinzh go spam to 50 posts somewhere else

13. Saying Thanks:

CaptainE (Yesterday),  creemyv (Yesterday),  Sting_Ray (Yesterday)  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast