Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Fibre Provider

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by baasgene View Post
    Well cancel at the end of the month and re apply
    lol if only it was that simple sadly I won't qualify for it and I'll have to pay 2k instalion fee even though they didn't install anything as the fibre infrastructure was already here in the complex these companies are bloody thieves.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cravinho View Post
    lol if only it was that simple sadly I won't qualify for it and I'll have to pay 2k instalion fee even though they didn't install anything as the fibre infrastructure was already here in the complex these companies are bloody thieves.
    part of that promotion says free installation though, I'm thinking of taking that promo since I'm still on rain (200mbps for R1149 though)

Unless they really like screwing old customers and prevent you from doing that lol

Experience

part of that promotion says free installation though, I'm thinking of taking that promo since I'm still on rain (200mbps for R1149 though)

Unless they really like screwing old customers and prevent you from doing that lol
    I wouldn't recommend these buggers rather look at other options if you can I'm sure you will find cheaper alternative.

4. Saying Thanks:

baasgene (April 19th, 2021)  

Game IDs
    Experience

my rain is still flying like crazy even during peak times, I found a new tower in november that hits 400mb and it's been hitting 400mb/s ever since. It's like no one connects to this tower but me (if my signal to it was perfect I would most likely hit the full 700mb/s)

So until that speed drops I will dodge Fibre.

6. Saying Thanks:

Cravinho (April 19th, 2021)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Can I ask what is a better option.
    Vuma reach for R529 speed 40/10, or we have openserve fibre rolled out now with Afrihost R800 for 50/25

Experience

my rain is still flying like crazy even during peak times, I found a new tower in november that hits 400mb and it's been hitting 400mb/s ever since. It's like no one connects to this tower but me (if my signal to it was perfect I would most likely hit the full 700mb/s)

So until that speed drops I will dodge Fibre.
    If I knew what I knew today I'd have stick with rain 5G cos I was getting phenomenon speeds as well and it would be less of a hassle than fibre think once this 12 months are up I'll jump ship to something else webafrica and them can kiss my money and business bye .

Experience

Hi

which will be the best ISP to get Fiber with? I have been hearing mixed reviews about openserve and vumtel.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by keith singh View Post
    Hi

which will be the best ISP to get Fiber with? I have been hearing mixed reviews about openserve and vumtel.
    Hmm, Openserve and Vuma are the fibre providers but resell and service provision will be through an ISP like CoolIdeas, Afrihost etc. In most cases you don't have much choice insofar as the fibre provider in your area goes as the expenses involved with deployment often mean only one is present (for us it's Vumatel).

Check out Mybroadband for the results of a recent survey on ISPs etc. I'm on Vuma with Mind the Speed as my ISP. Many people are with Cool Ideas but they're not as great as they used to be.

Experience

Webafrica a bunch of crooks they looking to double charge me for this month got a bill of 1.5k wtf my bill should be 800 only need to contact those idiots on Monday so far my experience with them has been horrible wouldn't recommend them to anyone at this point I'd rather sit without internet.

Very Senior Member
    *insert thought here*
    Game IDs
    Experience

Agreed with @Cravinho stay away from webafrica, useless bunch of overpriced crooks. I'm with them and their service is terrible, but the administrative nightmare to move isp on fibre have just made just stay put with them for now.

13. Saying Thanks:

Cravinho (May 4th, 2021)  

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567