Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31920212223

Thread: NVIDIA RTX 3000 series graphics cards !

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    350w power limit but yeah, not great considering the Founders is 370w.
    But all the reviews show it overclocking higher than all the other models with higher power limits.
    The memory seems to overclock okay on all models though. +500Mhz to hit 20Gbps on GDDR6X is pretty good.

On the one hand I would like the extra power draw of a larger power limit, but on the other hand the performance gain versus the noise and temperature increase is probably not worth it at 1440p. In the past I actually ended up undervolting my 1080Ti Strix to do 1900 at around 1.02v instead of 1960 at 1.065v just because I value quietness more.
    It's got a lower power limit than the FE? Sheesh, I scanned through guru and saw the 340w mentioned in the intro page of the review and assumed the founders is 320w based on nvidia tgp. Can't believe its less, Msi needs to update the damn firmware.

I start getting annoyed after 40db on noise, anything below that is fine to me since I sit around 2 meters away from my chassis.

I'm just going to be patient and wait for the strix.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by baasgene View Post
    I also stared at the palit from woot, but it looks cheap af. I back ordered a strix oc from xtacy on carb for R19k. He had 10 on backorder, I reserved the fifth one. All of them reserved now though but you guys can check out rockin it, guy is trustworthy and has strix and other cards coming in mid october for good prices.

https://www.rockinit.co.za
    I may be tempted with this. How is he getting it so cheap though? I was just going to go the amazon route which is probs around the same price.

I'm going to go with the cheapest and something I can get a waterblock for. Unless I can get a FE. Or wait for a TI.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by QuiXilver View Post
    I may be tempted with this. How is he getting it so cheap though? I was just going to go the amazon route which is probs around the same price.

I'm going to go with the cheapest and something I can get a waterblock for. Unless I can get a FE. Or wait for a TI.
    I think the initial prices were higher because of stock issues, our retailer prices will also be in line with these when the stock is good enough. Or they can continue to milk us.

These prices are in line with what the 2080 super sold for the last 6 months which was also a $699 card . We just got ****ed with the launch prices here.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31920212223