Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 52122232425

Thread: NVIDIA RTX 3000 series graphics cards !

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SirCheese View Post
    Firstly, don't tell me how to spend my money. Secondly, I'm still using a 970 so this is a HUGE upgrade for me.
    My apologies. I would not presume to tell you how to waste your money
    I merely have to consider a sensible evaluation of the RTX 3090 as means of convincing myself its the right thing to not buy one!

Gaming Wizard
    Lets count to a Million
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SirCheese View Post
    Firstly, don't tell me how to spend my money. Secondly, I'm still using a 970 so this is a HUGE upgrade for me.
    hey dude don't waste your moneys a silly graphics card

3. Saying Thanks:

SirCheese (Yesterday)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by TheV View Post
    More than double the price for less than 10% performance increase over the 3080 sounds like a terrible way to spend your money: (if the leaked benches are accurate)
    This is inaccurate. That slide shows ~10% improvement, there are others that show 20%.

It's definitely not what we were hoping for, especially at the price. But it does mean there's a great gap for RDNA2 at just about any price above $700 if the performance can match or beat a 3080.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by UrBaN View Post
    This is inaccurate. That slide shows ~10% improvement, there are others that show 20%.

It's definitely not what we were hoping for, especially at the price. But it does mean there's a great gap for RDNA2 at just about any price above $700 if the performance can match or beat a 3080.
    That slide average is 8.825% but always take leaked results with a pinch of salt.
    Even if it hits anywhere near 20% on average with final drivers it still does not make sense in terms of price/performance.
    They really should have just called this card what it is, a Titan. An overpriced halo product. It sets more reasonable expectations of unreasonable price/performance.

I'm very excited to see what RDNA2 brings to the table. Just over a week to go

Experience

I'm really hoping AMD brings out their big guns on this. They just need to match the 3080 performance on the powerdraw of a 2080/2080ti. I mean I can count the one time that ATI had the advantage over 3Dfx but that is pretty much everyone that went with a GPU and hardware T&L over traditional means and then ATI had their 9700pro and lastly the 5870. But that was twice.
    LG OLED 55C9|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Very Senior Member
    This status is cheesy
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SLYGUY View Post
    hey dude don't waste your moneys a silly graphics card
    Hahaha SLY, you are the only person I would actually listen to on here to not waste my money.
    If you haven't noticed already, i really love cheese. I also like video games.

Hidden Content

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    I'm really hoping AMD brings out their big guns on this. They just need to match the 3080 performance on the powerdraw of a 2080/2080ti. I mean I can count the one time that ATI had the advantage over 3Dfx but that is pretty much everyone that went with a GPU and hardware T&L over traditional means and then ATI had their 9700pro and lastly the 5870. But that was twice.
    7970 was the last last big success. 5700xt wasnt bad either but didn't sell that well.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    They just need to match the 3080 performance on the powerdraw of a 2080/2080ti.
    That's quite a stretch. The 3070 matches the 2080Ti at 220w, I think that's what AMD should try to achieve.
    Chelsea FC | Vettel | PC Gamer

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by reactor_sa View Post
    7970 was the last last big success. 5700xt wasnt bad either but didn't sell that well.
    The 7970 was a good contender against the 680 but the 680 had the wattage advantage with 60w less power draw. However it was the year that AMD introduced the zero power state on graphics cards which was a major thing.
    LG OLED 55C9|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 52122232425