Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Koodoo preorder Ps5

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by yarik11 View Post
    This whole "why is this customer making things difficult" is such a typical SA consumer story though.
    ...and the fact that so many accept that story is why it continues. We accept things in SA that would simply not fly in other countries.

2. Saying Thanks:

Viking (December 23rd, 2020),  yarik11 (December 23rd, 2020)  

Very Senior Member
    Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
    Game IDs
    Experience

@Acheron

Either laziness or disregard. The box mine was in even had a marking on it in big bold letters, 1 X PLAYSTATION 5 DIGITAL EDITION - PRE-ORDER
    And as for reporting it, nothing is going to change, my complaint would be naught but a fart in the wind. The only way I can personally impact them though, is to not spend money in their stores, which I will not do again.

@yarik11

The first time I went into the store, if it wasnt for my GF dragging me out, I would have escalated it in a negative way. She saw the rage on my face, even with a mask on and knew it was time to get me out of there before I made a scene. The second time I went in I knew the console was there, and I knew they BS'd me the first time, so if they gave me any nonsense on round 2 I would have royally messed up their day.

But all that aside, console is up and running. Games and DLs are queued up and ready to go. Time to put my fiber through its paces

4. Saying Thanks:

makarov9044 (December 23rd, 2020),  nexus1 (December 23rd, 2020),  telegamer (December 23rd, 2020),  yarik11 (December 23rd, 2020)  

Oupa
    Game IDs
    Experience

Enjoy boet

6. Saying Thanks:

PsyChoPanthis (December 23rd, 2020)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by PsyChoPanthis View Post
    @Acheron
    Either laziness or disregard. The box mine was in even had a marking on it in big bold letters, 1 X PLAYSTATION 5 DIGITAL EDITION - PRE-ORDER
    And as for reporting it, nothing is going to change, my complaint would be naught but a fart in the wind. The only way I can personally impact them though, is to not spend money in their stores, which I will not do again.
    I get you, I really do, but I will say this: While I'm not the type of person to complain about silly things and really do give retailers (and individuals working for retailers) a lot of leeway when it comes to handling my business, there is a point at which I must make an issue of the experience/escalate the matter.

This generally happens when there is a clusterf*ck of issues plaguing a transaction that are within the control of individuals to prevent/resolve OR, as you experienced, when there is clear attitude from a person who not be gainfully employed if not for business of their customers. I do this not to get anyone fired or score freebies and yes I may choose to never use their services again, but I'll make the effort to make whoever needs to be made aware (generally upper management/owners) that there is a gap in their business that will cost them financially at the end of the day.

You are 100% correct in that in many occasions this will go nowhere, but for the 10min I've spent on each occassion typing an email/phoning someone to escalate a matter I've had a relatively high success rate. Often I'll get a call from a higher up asking for more details, an apology of some sort acknowledging where the breakdown happened and in rare cases a call from a difficult individual apologizing for their behavior (which you always accept graciously if you want them to learn anything).

Point is I think if far more of us decided to spend that little bit of time pushing back I think the culture that @yarik11 mentions might change.

TLDR; Enjoy your console!

8. Saying Thanks:

yarik11 (December 23rd, 2020)  

Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKong View Post
    Got mine today as well, but no dvds hope I'm not missing out
    Spiderman and some children's movie, looks they were put in there to keep the ps5 box from shaking around too much in the shipping box.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Vast_aire View Post
    Spiderman and some children's movie, looks they were put in there to keep the ps5 box from shaking around too much in the shipping box.
    Must be sending out in different boxes mine was very snug in the box

11. Saying Thanks:

Vast_aire (December 23rd, 2020)  

Experience

Hey anyone manage to have a refund processed successfully from Koodoo? I asked for one on Friday and they said they processed it, but the money still isn't reflecting in my account.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Knightforce View Post
    Hey anyone manage to have a refund processed successfully from Koodoo? I asked for one on Friday and they said they processed it, but the money still isn't reflecting in my account.
    It can take a few days hey

If you asked Friday perhaps it was only processed Monday

Experience

Thanks for the response, I'll give it a few more days.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Knightforce View Post
    Thanks for the response, I'll give it a few more days.
    Also depends on if it was an EFT or a credit card refund. Credit card can take 5 working days or so
    Follow me on Twitter: Hidden Content
    Drop me a message and I'll follow you back! Hidden Content

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11272829303132 LastLast