Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: PS5 Launch Issues and Bugs

Experience

Yip mine included a dualsense update

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    Yesterday my new SSD arrived, so today I'm going through the process of transferring all my games from the main external "archive" to the "regularly played" external. I think I see where the rebuild bug people have been struggling with might stem from. I think they overlooked that a person might have two drives bouncing files between the console and each drive.

After I transferred games to the console's SSD and switched over to the other drive, the console didn't pick up a difference between what was stored locally and what was on the previous drive. It listed everything that was on the previous external as being housed locally.

I didn't notice this at first and just said select all, and it happily began the process, it was only because I saw the number of files that I realised there was a mistake. I went back and made sure I only selected the files I brought across. I figure possibly it's this mismatch that's been causing issues?

EDIT: Actually, it occurs to me that the "archive" drive was the one I was using with the PS4 previously, and the new drive was formatted on the PS5. You could only have one copy of a title on the PS4, either stored locally or on an external, you couldn't download it again once it had been downloaded. Moving over to the PS5, all your games were made available for download, perhaps they didn't fully consider the ramifications of introducing a drive from the PS4?

Regardless, I've moved everything around as I wanted and no issues so far. Even put the console in Rest Mode to download all the updates. Thus far, knock on wood, the PS5 has been rock solid, no crashes or any other unexpected behaviour.
    So... it has occurred to me that if I move my PS4 drive and games to the PS5, I won't be able to also play those games on the PS4, nor will I be able to re-download them because the system will know I already have them installed on the external (which is not plugged in to that console anymore).

I do intend keeping my PS4 - my daughter will likely keep playing on it.

So I'm guessing the best solution is to rather stick a new 2TB SSD (arriving soon) external into the PS5 and selectively re-download any PS4 games I want to play on the PS5. I presume I'm allowed/able to do that on my account... can both consoles be running/logged-in to PSN at the same time?

Downloading is going to be slow, so I will do that over an extended period of time, but transferring between drives and consoles is also very time consuming.

Anyone else done something similar?

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Tag11 View Post
    So... it has occurred to me that if I move my PS4 drive and games to the PS5, I won't be able to also play those games on the PS4, nor will I be able to re-download them because the system will know I already have them installed on the external (which is not plugged in to that console anymore).
    You can swap the drive between the PS4 and PS5 and copy games you want to play from the external onto local storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tag11 View Post
    So I'm guessing the best solution is to rather stick a new 2TB SSD (arriving soon) external into the PS5 and selectively re-download any PS4 games I want to play on the PS5. I presume I'm allowed/able to do that on my account... can both consoles be running/logged-in to PSN at the same time?
    Yes, you can do that. Given the funny way in which the PS5 seems to handle PS4 game storage*, it might even be "safer" to do it that way.

*You'll see when you look at your local PS5 storage that all the games on the external still leave a certain amount of cached data (which are not save game files) in local storage - which in the PS5's present state, makes copying PS4 files between internal and external storage trickier than it should be. I'm not sure if that's because I used the PS4's external or not though. Not willing to delete everything and redownload just to find out.

4. Saying Thanks:

Tag11 (December 21st, 2020)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    You can swap the drive between the PS4 and PS5 and copy games you want to play from the external onto local storage.

Yes, you can do that. Given the funny way in which the PS5 seems to handle PS4 game storage*, it might even be "safer" to do it that way.

*You'll see when you look at your local PS5 storage that all the games on the external still leave a certain amount of cached data (which are not save game files) in local storage - which in the PS5's present state, makes copying PS4 files between internal and external storage trickier than it should be. I'm not sure if that's because I used the PS4's external or not though. Not willing to delete everything and redownload just to find out.
    Thanks... while I have a decent backlog to play, and limited to 20Mbps fibre, I think it will just be safer to re-download the games I want... I could stretch the downloads over a 2 month period, so even if it is gonna be a terabyte of stuff I will just prioritise accordingly.

Game IDs
    Experience

Had the PS5 for two weeks now and until today there wasn't a single issue.

But today Demon's Souls started to crash on me about after 1.5 hours of playing. And crashed about 5 times in the next 30 min. This after not a single crash 26 hours in.

So decided to turn it off and give it a rest.
    Follow me on Twitter: Hidden Content
    Drop me a message and I'll follow you back! Hidden Content

Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Game IDs
    Experience

I had issues for the first week or so with my external ssd coming from the ps4, would get game crashes and "corrupted" storage errors but always fix itself after a reboot.

I got tired of it and reformatted the drive on the ps5 itself and havnt had an issue since.

Oupa
    Game IDs
    Experience

its probably a firmware issue, these crashes seem rife, lets hope Sony improves overall stability soon

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by telegamer View Post
    its probably a firmware issue, these crashes seem rife, lets hope Sony improves overall stability soon
    Wonder if the ambient temperature had anything to do with it. It was very hot today and especially when I was playing. And it only happened after 1.5 hours of gameplay, so maybe it just got a bit too much for the system.

Game IDs
    Experience

Ok, so I seem to have a problem.

Over the course of today (a gaming session of 2 hours and another of 1
    hour I got the error code CE 108255 1 about 10 times. I then rebuilt the database and the error code evolved to CE 108262 9.

A quick look at Reddit and Twitter and people have been plagued by these error codes since launch, with no solution.

Will call PartServe tomorrow.

Game IDs
    Experience

Update. PartServe told me to bring it in to exchange.

But I spoke to a trainee, who wasn't able to answer some of my questions.

To the guys who have previously exchanged theirs:

1) Did you factory reset the console before bringing it in?

2) Did you bring just the console or also the box and all accessories?

Thank you!

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast