Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: PS5 Launch Issues and Bugs

Experience

New firmware update released today (Version 20.02-02.26.00). It fixes the game disc copy issue, as well as the controller not charging on the front USB port.

Updated the OP to include the fixes as well as the firmware update history

Game IDs
    Experience

Yesterday my new SSD arrived, so today I'm going through the process of transferring all my games from the main external "archive" to the "regularly played" external. I think I see where the rebuild bug people have been struggling with might stem from. I think they overlooked that a person might have two drives bouncing files between the console and each drive.

After I transferred games to the console's SSD and switched over to the other drive, the console didn't pick up a difference between what was stored locally and what was on the previous drive. It listed everything that was on the previous external as being housed locally.

I didn't notice this at first and just said select all, and it happily began the process, it was only because I saw the number of files that I realised there was a mistake. I went back and made sure I only selected the files I brought across. I figure possibly it's this mismatch that's been causing issues?

EDIT: Actually, it occurs to me that the "archive" drive was the one I was using with the PS4 previously, and the new drive was formatted on the PS5. You could only have one copy of a title on the PS4, either stored locally or on an external, you couldn't download it again once it had been downloaded. Moving over to the PS5, all your games were made available for download, perhaps they didn't fully consider the ramifications of introducing a drive from the PS4?

Regardless, I've moved everything around as I wanted and no issues so far. Even put the console in Rest Mode to download all the updates. Thus far, knock on wood, the PS5 has been rock solid, no crashes or any other unexpected behaviour.
    Last edited by KenMasters; November 30th, 2020 at 07:22 AM.

Experience

From what I heard the rebuild is when you are in rest mode and remove the drive. So basically its still powered on when you do the move. Heard the SeX/SeS you can remove the drive while the system is still on without issues but won't be trying that.
    LG OLED 55C9|DENON X4400H
    SeX - PS5 - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Experience

Anyone know if rest mode is safe to turn back on now after the recent updates?

Very Senior Member
    Experience

I've been using Rest mode since launch without any issues. I think the only issue came in when you didn't close a game whilst using Rest mode?

6. Saying Thanks:

wolv0303 (November 30th, 2020)  

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    From what I heard the rebuild is when you are in rest mode and remove the drive. So basically its still powered on when you do the move. Heard the SeX/SeS you can remove the drive while the system is still on without issues but won't be trying that.
    Can confirm Xbox can not swap no issues.

Game IDs
    Experience

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about. When I go to Storage and want to select titles from System to copy over to External, it lists all the games on the PS4 external in addition to what's housed locally - none of these games are actually on the system:

Games.jpg

9. Saying Thanks:

SLYGUY (November 30th, 2020)  

Gaming Wizard
    Lets count to a Million
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    Here's a pic of what I'm talking about. When I go to Storage and want to select titles from System to copy over to External, it lists all the games on the PS4 external in addition to what's housed locally - none of these games are actually on the system:

Attachment 105619
    attachment not working

11. Saying Thanks:

KenMasters (November 30th, 2020)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post

Games.jpg
    What is up with those size though? Is that not perhaps Media related to the titles? (screenshots, etc)

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    Damn this sound is grating. I think my console has the coil whine issue but it's not nearly as high-pitched as this lol.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast