Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: PS5 Launch Issues and Bugs

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Uberutang View Post
    That's terrible man, hopefully, 3rd one is perfect for you. I see from the GameSpot podcast that they have had 5 x dead PS5's so far. It really is a bit of a misstep from Sony it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    It sucks having faulty units but things just need to head in for repairs. Having it all happen to someone does make you wonder how good the product is considering out of 2.5 million units you end up with a 5/5 streak of defects.

I'm actually more worried about the long term use of the liquid metal cooling and what it has on material degradation and seepage to other parts of the system.
    I can live (forcefully) with the new system should the coil noise persist. My biggest concern, people have already noted that Borderlands running at 120fps makes the buzzing sound like it's going to explode. And this is a massive concern as the system isn't even close to it's full capability - once Uncharted, Ragnarok etc starts launching then we might have big problems...

If it's only a fan problem, it literally takes like 5 min to exchange.

2. Saying Thanks:

Kaswa101 (December 2nd, 2020)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_sa View Post
    looks that way. Like I said before if the coil/fan noise issues were existing in every single ps5 then I would be like, "ok, this is just the way the system sounds". But because some people have silent machines, other a little bit of coil and others just consistent problems it actually shows what a piss poor job sony did at QA. How can you install 3 different fan models and expect the same from users

I went to go collect my 3rd Digital version this morning. 1st one had excessive coil noise, 2nd one had the same noise but it intensified in certain games and I could hear frequencies of coil change when switching between menus, which was super irritating! I actually would have left it but compared my sound to 2 other forum members, and they confirmed that DB was about 10decible less for them at same point as mine in game. As I could clearly see and hear from videos that I had a different experience.

So I am on my 3rd one now, let's see once everything downloads how it sounds. I will probably keep it even if it has the same coil sounds as I do love the system even with all the issues.

But my point stands. Just google or Reddit PS5 Coil and you will see hundreds (and thousands commenting) that this a problem. Not sure how Sony will address this...

And no @Viking - I am not putting my ear on the machine - My wife also said whilst sitting on the couch, "does it always sound like a 25cc Yamaha scooter in thailand"
    Thats bad if the missus can hear it too

I just find it odd how you can have the same problem on a replacement unit

Good luck with the 3rd one, hope it all works out

Save some replacements for us guys hahahaha

4. Saying Thanks:

Chris_sa (November 30th, 2020)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Thats bad if the missus can hear it too

I just find it odd how you can have the same problem on a replacement unit

Good luck with the 3rd one, hope it all works out

Save some replacements for us guys hahahaha
    Yeah, seeing as how 1 & 2 are very similar, I would have suspected that it's the sound of the PS5 BUT - other people have different experiences so that's not the case. This is a lot of money, I have no problem exchanging it 10 times until sony owns up to their ****ty buzzing sound.

6. Saying Thanks:

Viking (November 30th, 2020)  

Experience

I can live (forcefully) with the new system should the coil noise persist. My biggest concern, people have already noted that Borderlands running at 120fps makes the buzzing sound like it's going to explode. And this is a massive concern as the system isn't even close to it's full capability - once Uncharted, Ragnarok etc starts launching then we might have big problems...

If it's only a fan problem, it literally takes like 5 min to exchange.
    You remind me of when quake 3 was used as a benchmarking tool 20 years ago when some cards started running the game at 800fps and because of that people started picking up on coil wine.
    LG OLED 55C9|DENON X4400H
    SeX - PS5 - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Experience

You remind me of when quake 3 was used as a benchmarking tool 20 years ago when some cards started running the game at 800fps and because of that people started picking up on coil wine.
    Definitely not the same comparison. BL3 at 120FPS which is advertised for sony should not get you into the Hells angels drive club.

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

It sucks having faulty units but things just need to head in for repairs. Having it all happen to someone does make you wonder how good the product is considering out of 2.5 million units you end up with a 5/5 streak of defects.

I'm actually more worried about the long term use of the liquid metal cooling and what it has on material degradation and seepage to other parts of the system.
    Yeh I was tempted for FOMO, but will wait on SLIM before I consider.

Game IDs
    Experience

Yeah, seeing as how 1 & 2 are very similar, I would have suspected that it's the sound of the PS5 BUT - other people have different experiences so that's not the case. This is a lot of money, I have no problem exchanging it 10 times until sony owns up to their ****ty buzzing sound.
    Acoustics are heavily influenced by the characteristics of your room and placement location. Could be something about your setup is boosting volume at the offending frequency range. You could try moving the PS5 or using sound absorbing material within the cavity it's housed and see if that helps.

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    Acoustics are heavily influenced by the characteristics of your room and placement location. Could be something about your setup is boosting volume at the offending frequency range. You could try moving the PS5 or using sound absorbing material within the cavity it's housed and see if that helps.
    How is this in any way acceptable for an R12000 item? It should be dead silent no matter where or on what it sits. All 3 the competitors manages it without any drama.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    Yeah thanks. It's standing next to my TV which is eye height when we sit on our couches, which I guess most people will have. My 3rd unit is downloading and will then compare again. If it's the same then I will deal with it and try and change setup a bit.

As mentioned, had 2 forum members do the exact same tests. Both were running GOW at around 32-35 DB, my GOW was between 46-48. Now that can't be normal. There were no other ambient sounds as well.
    Last edited by Chris_sa; November 30th, 2020 at 12:07 PM.

13. Saying Thanks:

Kaswa101 (December 2nd, 2020),  KenMasters (November 30th, 2020),  Uberutang (November 30th, 2020),  Vic54 (November 30th, 2020)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Uberutang View Post
    How is this in any way acceptable for an R12000 item? It should be dead silent no matter where or on what it sits. All 3 the competitors manages it without any drama.
    Nothing a manufacturer can do about your room acoustics, if that is what's to blame.

EDIT: Not isolated to the PS5 either - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...7-4d4dde46d8a0
    Last edited by KenMasters; November 30th, 2020 at 12:44 PM.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast