Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: PS5 Launch Issues and Bugs

Gaming Wizard
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    Experience

I wonder how much impact the higher GPU clocks have on coil whine. With the PS5 having high GPU clocks, and the always-on boost that nudges the clocks up to 2.23 GHz, this may be having an impact. Seeing that PS5 uses a constant power output, I don't think it could be related to PSU as the load is constant, and therefore the whine would be constant if coming from PSU.

Unfortunately I think it will come to the point where Sony may have to make some hardware changes to counter/fix the whine, or they will refuse to swap/repair units that have the whine. I have read whine is a "normal" phenomenon of newer GPUs, maybe the consoles with their more powerful GPUs have now entered this arena.

@Chris_sa Sorry dude

2. Saying Thanks:

Chris_sa (November 30th, 2020)  

Game IDs
    Experience

God of War is silent on mine on both 60fps and 30fps. But I would like to try a 120fps game. I only own Borderlands 3 on PC, what free game supports 120hz? I do have the ps plus collection too.

Destiny 2 is coming to PS5 on 8 December apparently with 120fps support, will give that a try.
    Last edited by baasgene; November 30th, 2020 at 02:04 PM.

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by baasgene View Post
    God of War is silent on mine on both 60fps and 30fps. But I would like to try a 120fps game. I only own Borderlands 3 on PC, what free game supports 120hz? I do have the ps plus collection too.

Destiny 2 is coming to PS5 on 8 December apparently with 120fps support, will give that a try.
    Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 15.36.14.jpg

Experience

Can I put my console in standby mode while downloading a game yet or is that still have to be patched?

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by brianstephan View Post
    Can I put my console in standby mode while downloading a game yet or is that still have to be patched?
    I’ve had no issues doing this - downloaded a bunch of games already in rest mode.

7. Saying Thanks:

brianstephan (November 30th, 2020)  

Game IDs
    Experience

I also avoided Rest Mode at first, but I've been using it for a few days now to download games and patches with no problems.

9. Saying Thanks:

brianstephan (November 30th, 2020)  

Experience

Thank you Guys

Experience

Happy to report that my latest PS5 runs much quiter than the previous 2. Use to hover at 46-48 DB in any game and I could hear the coil going even from the couch. That's all gone and can only hear the system when literally next to it.

So now ingame it hovers around 34DB. In menu around 28DB.

Excellent service by partserve.

12. Saying Thanks:

AdrianH (November 30th, 2020),  Fid (December 1st, 2020),  itsjohnny! (December 1st, 2020),  Kaswa101 (December 2nd, 2020),  KenMasters (December 1st, 2020),  MarioAna (December 1st, 2020),  Neezaam (December 1st, 2020),  Seth (December 1st, 2020),  Uberutang (November 30th, 2020),  Vic54 (November 30th, 2020),  Viking (December 1st, 2020)  

Oupa
    *laughs in deranged*
    Game IDs
    Experience

Been doing it since day 1, remotes get charged and no issues downloading games and patches in rest mode.

14. Saying Thanks:

brianstephan (December 1st, 2020)  

Experience

New firmware update released today (Version 20.02-02.30.00). Some users report that this version also includes an update for the dualsense that will run when you connect the controller via USB.

Release notes added to the OP.
    Last edited by SoldaatZA; December 9th, 2020 at 12:11 PM.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast