Thread: God of War 4k60 on PS5

Game IDs
    Experience

Default God of War 4k60 on PS5

Hi guys

So currently God of War (on resolution mode) is capped to 30fps. A reddit post said that if you have the disc version of the game and install version 1.0 - so basically install the game from the disc without updates (disconnected from internet?) then you will be able to enjoy 4k60.

This is because with a later patch, Sony introduced the fps cap. Apparently the only downside is that with version 1.0, you can’t carry over the save for new game+.

Anyone with the disc version and a ps5 able to test this out? I haven’t played God of War yet so would love to experience it at 4k60 for the first time on my ps5!
    Last edited by Kush; Yesterday at 10:39 AM.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Kush View Post
    Hi guys

So currently God of War (on resolution mode) is capped to 30fps. A reddit post said that if you have the disc version of the game and install version 1.0 - so basically install the game from the disc without updates (disconnected from internet?) then you will be able to enjoy 4k60.

This is because with a later patch, Sony introduced the fps cap. Apparently the only downside is that with version 1.0, you can’t carry over the save for new game+.

Anyone with the disc version and a ps5 able to test this out? I haven’t played God of War yet so would love to experience it at 4k60 for the first time on my ps5!
    You sure it was for GoW? I remember reading an article with a similar restriction but I’m sure it wasn’t for GoW.

It was The Last Guardian https://www.google.co.za/amp/s/www.e...-have-the-disc

This video seems to back what you mentioned above about the disc version allowing 4K60FPS, read the comments section.

Experience

Yeah I am gonna delete the last guardian because 30fps is utter garbage.
    LG OLED 55C9|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Experience

Such a shame they won't patch it for 60fps 4k.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_sa View Post
    Such a shame they won't patch it for 60fps 4k.
    It is but the game runs super smooth on PS5 and the console itself is silent which coming from the PS4 and PS4 Pro is a huge plus.