Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 13293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 527

Thread: 2nd batch PS5 user thread

  1. #321
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lutzville - WP
    Posts
    392
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
    I wonder what Sony thinks about their sole distributor playing the role of retailer
    Think Sony has far bigger fish to fry at the moment

  2. #322
    Super Moderator Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    20,452
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
    I don't think you are far off the mark.

    Koodoo is the sole distributor for SA and has the inside track on shipment timeframes and the ability to ensure, as a retailer now, that their customers are serviced as a priority before ANY other retailer is sorted out.

    I think it's very obvious based on the conflicting info being provided to retailers and customers alike that something funny is on the go.

    I wonder what Sony thinks about their sole distributor playing the role of retailer
    I'm now convinced they sold too many for what came into South Africa

  3. Saying Thanks:

    KorbinZA (December 22nd, 2020)  

  4. #323
    Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Vast_aire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pta
    Posts
    14,664
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
    I don't think you are far off the mark.

    Koodoo is the sole distributor for SA and has the inside track on shipment timeframes and the ability to ensure, as a retailer now, that their customers are serviced as a priority before ANY other retailer is sorted out.

    I think it's very obvious based on the conflicting info being provided to retailers and customers alike that something funny is on the go.

    I used a small store to order my own PS5 and they have been told today that they will not be receiving close to their full allocation of stock that was ordered and paid for before Koodoo had even opened up for their 2nd phase of orders.
    Koodoo is not looking too good either tbh, probably worse than the others right now due to their inconsistencies and stories, handful of guys getting over weekend, guys in same place getting deliveries on different dates etc.
    Last edited by Vast_aire; December 22nd, 2020 at 01:54 PM.

  5. Saying Thanks:

    Viking (December 22nd, 2020)  

  6. #324
    Senior Member el shubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    pretoria
    Posts
    870
    Experience

    Default

    Got an SMS now,

    Makro order update - Shipments of PS5 was delayed from the manufacturer but expected to arrive in-stores today. We will keep you updated on your order progress.

  7. #325
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    360
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kush View Post
    Why are btgames so slow and useless. Especially for a gaming company they don’t know what’s cutting.

    edit: well seems on Twitter they said stock has been dispatched to their stores today and we will be notified when we can go collect. Hopeful for today?? Lol
    Just got a call from bt games. Ready for collection yay

  8. #326
    Addicted Member rudimental's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cape Town, Brackenfell
    Posts
    3,595
    Experience

    Default

    Received my Koodoo order today. Unfortunately I am awaybfor the holidays and will only be back on the 2nd to get it

  9. #327
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Pretoria East
    Posts
    359
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    I'm now convinced they sold too many for what came into South Africa
    I think you are completely right

  10. #328
    Member Acheron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    46
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vast_aire View Post
    Koodoo is not looking too good either tbh, probably worse than the others right now dude to their inconsistencies and stories, handful of guys getting over weekend, guys in same place getting deliveries on different dates etc.
    Yeah, they may have shot themselves in the foot trying to manipulate things, not realizing how much people would talk.

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    I'm now convinced they sold too many for what came into South Africa
    At the very least sold too many on their own site.

    This will no doubt have a knock-on effect on the 3rd phase orders and probably all orders in the first quarter of 2021.

  11. #329
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lutzville - WP
    Posts
    392
    Game IDs
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rudimental View Post
    Received my Koodoo order today. Unfortunately I am awaybfor the holidays and will only be back on the 2nd to get it
    That sucks man

  12. #330
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    4
    Experience

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard_CAW View Post
    Just got a call from bt games. Ready for collection yay
    Are you in Gauteng?

Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 13293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •