View Poll Results: Should an anti-scalp clause be added to marketplace rules?

Voters
88. This poll is closed
  • Yes - Permanently ban the sale of goods are higher than retail pricing

16 18.18%
  • Yes - Add a clause that temporarily disallows the sale of brand new high demand goods (few months)

11 12.50%
  • No - Allow free trading with current rules

61 69.32%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anti-scalping clause for marketplace rules

Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by mantis za View Post
    You didn't have to add anything to be honest, all I asked was if you got your PS5 yet...
    Bro, who raised you?

You seem to have some kind of inferiority complex condition, not everything was directed at you but I assumed that would be obvious since the rest of what I said had nothing to do with what you asked, what's your issue?

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SLYGUY View Post
    StarBound you are a longtime member and i don't think you rip off a member like me
    Depending on what I sell I might lower my price or keep it as high as possible. To me I just try to go for the path of least resistance as it were so not worth the extra wait to try and sell stuff or the additional effort type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by $eR8Ed View Post
    Let them be idiots and pay the ridiculous prices, people lack patience even to the point where their excitement gets spoiled by issues, they will still want it now.
    Yeah, 3 months down the line things should ease up. If not 3 then in 6 months. Other than the PS4 games getting a boost there is little reason to buy a PS5 right now. I can mentioned the 3 must have games which are Spider Miles but you already have Spider Man on PS4, there is Demon Souls which is just the inferior game to Dark Souls or Bloodborne, then you have Astros Playroom which imo is the real title of those 3 but its a walk down memory lane / tech demo.
    LG OLED 55C9|DENON X4400H
    SeX - PS5 - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

3. Saying Thanks:

$eR8Ed (December 28th, 2020)  

Colossus
    Interesting times.
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Vast_aire View Post
    Bro, who raised you?

You seem to have some kind of inferiority complex condition, not everything was directed at you but I assumed that would be obvious since the rest of what I said had nothing to do with what you asked, what's your issue?
    He’s just grumpy because Liverpool drew. He’ll be fine again after the next game.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SLYGUY View Post
    well the majority of this forum has voted for sculpting
    We are all closet Michelangeloes.
    Hidden Content for all your Thailand travel adviceHidden Content

6. Saying Thanks:

Boquito17 (December 28th, 2020),  FiveStarZA (December 28th, 2020),  mantis za (December 28th, 2020),  noman (December 28th, 2020),  Nyt Ryda (December 28th, 2020),  Squidbeard (December 28th, 2020),  Tag11 (December 30th, 2020),  xcaliber (December 28th, 2020)  

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

Willing seller , willing buyer.

If there is a market let it self regulate.

8. Saying Thanks:

Gouko_Tenrou (December 28th, 2020),  mantis za (December 28th, 2020),  MR.C (December 28th, 2020),  Tag11 (December 30th, 2020)  

Gaming Wizard
    Wear my heart on my sleeve
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Vast_aire View Post
    Bro, who raised you?

images (1).png
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Mantis is purposefully obtuse and stubborn, fuelled by fanboyism he will defend contrived rationale to the point of contradiction. Noman - 2019

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Uberutang View Post
    Willing seller , willing buyer.

If there is a market let it self regulate.
    I would love more regulation to boot scalpers but ultimately the admin going into it will be substantial. It will also bleed into older items (have any of you ever ordered from wantitall since they import everything is blown out of proportion).

The other side is also true that if someone puts a wanted on the market place for above retail price that is also just it. What I will say is if you still want an item then by all means put a request in the thread for a lower willing to buy price as it has to be acknowledged in order as per our forum rules.
    Hidden Content

Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by mantis za View Post
    It's clear it's not a joke for you and you have some kind of issue.

"you didn't need to add anything"

go **** yourself dude.
    Last edited by Vast_aire; December 28th, 2020 at 01:28 PM.

12. Saying Thanks:

mantis za (December 28th, 2020)  

Addicted Member
    Experience

So i guess i will have to resort to other platforms to sell my PS5 right? Have it for about a month now but because of life and things that happened, i just can't get into playing it. I got on the hype train after suffering from FOMO and decided to buy it. I could do more with the extra cash now and repay some debts.

Alas, i guess i will advertise it elsewhere.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cammybuu View Post
    So i guess i will have to resort to other platforms to sell my PS5 right? Have it for about a month now but because of life and things that happened, i just can't get into playing it. I got on the hype train after suffering from FOMO and decided to buy it. I could do more with the extra cash now and repay some debts.

Alas, i guess i will advertise it elsewhere.
    You can advertise here but your going to get flak. The reasons behind it won't matter to anyone since people just see its more than what you paid for. There is no rule against it though and as of today the majority is still saying allow for unregulated trading.
    Hidden Content

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast