Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some PS5 with mt TV adive.

Addicted Member
    The Wise PoisonMaster Never Licks His Fingers.
    Experience

Default Some PS5 with mt TV adive.

Hello all,

So im currently on the wait list to receive a PS5 from one of the local shops near me, however I wanted to know somthing. My TV is a hisense 50K680UWD-DE, I believe it was bought in 2016. Currently I use my Xbox one X on there and it goes great but would I see any difference hooking up a PS5 to it in regards to clarity, FPS etc ? In short I dont want to waste my money getting a PS5 if the only difference I get is faster load times for games Thanks!

Experience

Just like the SeX you will see a difference with the PS5. *edit just saw X1X and not SeX*

The big reason we go on about getting a OLED or a TV in that class and specifically the B9/C9 or CX and up is because of the additional possible features of the systems. 120hz 4k, VRR, Dolby Vision or HDR support. Things specific to the OLEDs are the per pixel lighting removing the glow from the when you have a bright light followed by a dark area on the image and having some of the lowest input lag available.

There really isn't too many games on the PS5 right now so you will probably just have to take advantage of the backwards compatibility for now. You can always get a more modern TV down the line but once these features become mainstream you will want to get a new TV especially when VRR becomes more implemented.
    LG OLED 55C9|DENON X4400H
    SeX - PS5 - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Addicted Member
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    Just like the SeX you will see a difference with the PS5. *edit just saw X1X and not SeX*

The big reason we go on about getting a OLED or a TV in that class and specifically the B9/C9 or CX and up is because of the additional possible features of the systems. 120hz 4k, VRR, Dolby Vision or HDR support. Things specific to the OLEDs are the per pixel lighting removing the glow from the when you have a bright light followed by a dark area on the image and having some of the lowest input lag available.

There really isn't too many games on the PS5 right now so you will probably just have to take advantage of the backwards compatibility for now. You can always get a more modern TV down the line but once these features become mainstream you will want to get a new TV especially when VRR becomes more implemented.
    So in short I should deffinitely be able to see the difference haha ?

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by vermillon View Post
    So in short I should deffinitely be able to see the difference haha ?
    Just like any proper upgrade you will instantly notice it on the frame rate. Resolution not too sure but some games on xbox ran at sub 900p so things should be slightly sharper. Obviously there is the gen on gen game graphics that also gets better. I think you should hit up a hi-fi corp or taferberg furnature store and have a look at what OLED offers. if you got someone that has the tech its obviously even better as you can see it in action.
    Hidden Content

5. Saying Thanks:

vermillon (January 2nd, 2021)  

Addicted Member
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    Just like any proper upgrade you will instantly notice it on the frame rate. Resolution not too sure but some games on xbox ran at sub 900p so things should be slightly sharper. Obviously there is the gen on gen game graphics that also gets better. I think you should hit up a hi-fi corp or taferberg furnature store and have a look at what OLED offers. if you got someone that has the tech its obviously even better as you can see it in action.
    Cool man thanks very much for the advice, just didn't want to purchase a console for nearly 12K just to have my load times faster ��. Thanks again.

Game IDs
    Experience

I honestly found your question weird, I mean the ps5 is a total new generation of gaming? So new games that won't be available on the xbox x.

New gen equals new games with better visuals basically. The load times are a bonus.

Addicted Member
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by baasgene View Post
    I honestly found your question weird, I mean the ps5 is a total new generation of gaming? So new games that won't be available on the xbox x.

New gen equals new game with better visuals basically. The load times are a bonus.
    Sorry you found the question weird sweetheart x

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by vermillon View Post
    Hello all,

So im currently on the wait list to receive a PS5 from one of the local shops near me, however I wanted to know somthing. My TV is a hisense 50K680UWD-DE, I believe it was bought in 2016. Currently I use my Xbox one X on there and it goes great but would I see any difference hooking up a PS5 to it in regards to clarity, FPS etc ? In short I dont want to waste my money getting a PS5 if the only difference I get is faster load times for games Thanks!
    Imo I'd look at upgrading the tv. If this is that 2016 3D Hisense tv that I think it is then your max fps would be capped at 30fps. But hey wait for the PS5 and see the difference but in the long run look at an upgrade. Just my thoughts

Gaming Wizard
    Don't delete my posts (¬¸¬)
    Game IDs
    Experience

No offense man but these kind of questions really are weird.

It's not just plugging it and looking better, some cross gen games might be exactly the same.

But we've had generations of consoles how does nobody take that into consideration? It's like people started playing games last week with these kind of questions tbh.

Short answer there's going to be new cool games for the new systems that will look and be completely new, your TV is irrelevant when it comes to moving from 1 gen to another tbh. (that's not to say tvs are not important, just your question makes little sense in the grand scheme of things)

Experience

You watched this video right?

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast