Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving to an area without fibre

Gaming Wizard
    Lets count to a Million
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Row-_S View Post
    Ah lucky! How did you contact them to cancel your landline , via a call or visiting the store?

I was doing some research now i found this [pic] , seems like I can get the premium package for a much lower price or double my speed at same price I'm paying now.
    Going into the store is a waste of time I phoned them on the landline which I was fighting to cancel for like 2 months and lucky you don't pay for those calls because I was on hold sometimes for up to an hour

Experience

For those of you on slower connections. Telkom has an uncapped LTE solution that is 10mb/s for the first 150Gb then 4mb for the next 50Gb and finally 2mb/s for the remainder of the month.

A 2mb/s will it be able to handle a Zoom call for work etc? Will we be able to watch some Netflix at 720p? Surely we should be able to?

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Dareno View Post
    For those of you on slower connections. Telkom has an uncapped LTE solution that is 10mb/s for the first 150Gb then 4mb for the next 50Gb and finally 2mb/s for the remainder of the month.

A 2mb/s will it be able to handle a Zoom call for work etc? Will we be able to watch some Netflix at 720p? Surely we should be able to?
    Can you afford R999 pm for internet?

Very Senior Member
    Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Row-_S View Post
    Can you afford R999 pm for internet?
    A few months ago, some people paid more of than that for cheap cigarettes, not worth it in my opinion, but they thought so, stuff rent, electricity and food on the table. (Yeah I know these people in person)

I guess people spend their money differently on their pleasures
    "Be your own hero, it's cheaper than a movie ticket" - Douglas Horton

Gaming Wizard
    Husband. Gamer. Hero.
    Game IDs
    Experience

That telkom R999 LTE deal..

I signed up for it, answered like 8 questions to prove who I am on the phone, spent about 40 minutes on the phone as the lady got all my details...

Right at the end she says this deal is not available in my area. She offered me a worse LTE contract.

I was so upset, I told them to **** off, and that they are incompetent time wasters.
    Final Fantasy 15 was disappointing. Hype failed me. I am Squirtbird.
    Hidden Content

Gaming Wizard
    imdownhereforyoursoul
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SLYGUY View Post
    Going into the store is a waste of time I phoned them on the landline which I was fighting to cancel for like 2 months and lucky you don't pay for those calls because I was on hold sometimes for up to an hour
    Did you also get charged R900 on your monthly invoice after you cancelled your landline like I did?

Always a fun ride with Telkom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12