Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No RTX 30 Series Cards Available.

Game IDs
    Experience

Default No RTX 30 Series Cards Available.

This is really ****in irritating.
    And we don't even know when they are gong to come into stock

I am at a point where I really want to upgrade in order to have a GPU with HDMI 2.1 output so that I can hook pc up to TV and no supplier or PC shop has any idea when they will get stock. Some saying they think as late as March!

Apart from that the prices for the 80 series cards are nuttier that squirrel poop.
    It just does not seem worth while at this point in time to remain loyal to PC when a 3080 costs more (when they hit the shelves one day) than a XBOX SX and a PS5 combined...

Is anyone here really getting a RTX 3080?
    IF YOU WANT TO BE SOMEONE ELSE, CHANGE YOUR MIND.

2. Saying Thanks:

bokka1 (January 14th, 2021)  

Game IDs
    Experience

I grabbed one of the first Tuf OC 3080 that hit the market for R19.5k in October. Since then I've rarely seen Asus going into stock, they seem to be the most rarest of them all.

Honestly I've never seen a **** show from Nvidia nearly as bad as this.

Which RTX 30 are you looking to buy? The 3070 is relatively easy to find, it's the 3080 and 3060 Ti that's a proper problem.

https://www.wootware.co.za/computer-...force_rtx_3070
    Last edited by baasgene; January 14th, 2021 at 10:12 AM.

Experience

I got myself the 3080 last year. I would have skipped it because I am not happy with the power consumption the card is sucking up. My PC is like a molten furnace on top of sitting in a room with a 30C ambient.

Despite everything the pricing on the cards are just all wrong. I cannot recommend anything more than the 3060ti and when I say that I mean go for the R10k model, not the 11k+ ones.

I would love to recommend AMD but I've got too many friends that complain about drivers screwing up their systems.

I suppose if you really want to then you can go for the 3070 but I would strongly recommend against it as the difference between a 3060ti and 3070 is not worth the price difference.
    LG OLED 55C9|DENON X4400H
    SeX - PS5 - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

5. Saying Thanks:

Cdaddy (January 14th, 2021)  

Experience

Already have one, got my MSI 3080 Gaming X Trio mid October and am super happy with it, the performance is epic compared to my old 1080Ti.

There are lots of RTX3070 and overpriced RTX3090 cards arounds.

The RTX3080 and 3060TI have been much scarcer, but there have been quite a few on Wootware over the past few months and also quite a few new Gigabyte ones on Carbonite from resellers.

You just need to keep an eye out, like if you were looking for a PS5 to pop up for sale.
    Chelsea FC | Aston Martin F1 | PC Gamer

Experience

Glad I got my 3060ti at the end of December. But for what I am currently playing it is overkill at 1080p. Friend of mine was shocked that I spent almost the same amount on the card as he did on his PS5.

Game IDs
    Experience

I am upgrading from a 1080.
    I would like a 3080 but there just aren't any available.
    I will also need a new power supply.

The idea here is to connect my pc to my LG Oled tv to play games in 4K at max settings at least hitting 60fps or higher.
    IF YOU WANT TO BE SOMEONE ELSE, CHANGE YOUR MIND.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonousZebra07 View Post
    Glad I got my 3060ti at the end of December. But for what I am currently playing it is overkill at 1080p. Friend of mine was shocked that I spent almost the same amount on the card as he did on his PS5.
    He wont be too shocked anymore when he calculates what 5 PS5 games costs versus 5 PC games...

I need an upgrade but have no money. If my wife ever gets her career and job back I might be able to buy a new GFX card one day.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cdaddy View Post

The idea here is to connect my pc to my LG Oled tv to play games in 4K at max settings at least hitting 60fps or higher.
    You will just have to settle for 1440p atm. Not ideal I know. I would say wait 2 years then do the upgrade but you don't know what things look like in 2 years time. RX6800 might also fill the gap but its AMD and no ray tracing or rather AMD ray tracing is inferior to nvidias.
    LG OLED 55C9|DENON X4400H
    SeX - PS5 - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Experience

Worse RT performance, with no DLSS, and bad drivers puts me off AMD. Like I cant even consider them.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cdaddy View Post

Basically what I've been doing for years hehe. I don't even own a monitor, been using an Oled tv as a pc monitor since 2016. Recently moved up to a 65 C9, now I get less headaches because I can comfortably lie against the wall on my bed and play without concentrating too much. It was a good investment.

If you get tired of lying on your back then you move up the lekker pillows against the wall and then sit against them, beats a gaming chair!
    Last edited by baasgene; January 14th, 2021 at 12:13 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast