Poll: Vaccine?

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18486465666768

Thread: Covid 19 Vaccine - Yes or No?

Game IDs
    Experience

Third shot incoming for us in Denmark, to be administered 6 months and 14 days after the second shot.

2. Saying Thanks:

cowbrains (October 18th, 2021)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by leGendSouTi View Post
    I was I two minds about replying, but screw it this must be said. I lost my father in law to this virus, 3 weeks earlier to his passing a manager at one of my clients passed away at the age of 28.

I thought the exact same way you did, the statistics are in our favor, till you in that 2%, then you die alone in a hospital bed unable to breathe on your own, your family doesn't get closure by being able to say goodbye.

Statistically you have a higher risk of dieing in a car accident vs covid, but you wear a seat belt in the car don't you to reduce the risk? The shot is your seat belt.
    I'm sorry to hear.

You're right, it's easy until you or someone close to you becomes a statistic. However, I'd like to add something more to the conversation. Covid isn't just about living or dying, I mean I'm not going to harp on about the social, human, economic and political effects - that's not my field - but we see real morbidity in the long term as well, something that the statistics don't really talk about (unless you go looking for it). I'll mention a few

1) New high blood pressure - increasing your chance of developing chronic kidney disease, stroke, heart attacks and failure, etc.
    2) New diabetes - interesting fact, but for someone who has diabetes they have the same risk of getting a heart attack in the future as somebody who's had a heart attack before (but without diabetes)
    3) Acute kidney injury which could lead to chronic kidney disease
    4) Permanent lung scarring which may or may not be progressive, time will tell
    5) Permanent hearing loss

These are just some of the things that aren't death, but can have a huge impact on your quality of life. These things aren't uncommon.

4. Saying Thanks:

bokka1 (October 18th, 2021),  cowbrains (October 18th, 2021),  leGendSouTi (October 16th, 2021),  SamVImes (October 16th, 2021),  Wyvern (October 16th, 2021)  

Game IDs
    Experience

My 16 year old daughter is registered, will take her on Monday for her jab.
    Hidden Content for all your Thailand travel adviceHidden Content

6. Saying Thanks:

SamVImes (October 22nd, 2021)  

Experience

My best friend was still on the fence about it last week, but sent me pictures from the Discovery Sandton vaccination site yesterday.

Turns out his company is making it mandatory so he went for it. He already got COVID in July so he's gonna have a ton of antibodies now after his two Pfizer doses are done lol.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by bokka1 View Post
    My 16 year old daughter is registered, will take her on Monday for her jab.
    My 13yr old booked for Monday...

9. Saying Thanks:

bokka1 (October 22nd, 2021),  SamVImes (October 22nd, 2021)  

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18486465666768