Thread: Intel 11th Series

Oupa
    I am not addicted to beer… It’s addicted to me.
    Game IDs
    Experience

Default Intel 11th Series

Recent leak for the Intel i9-11900k does not look promising for gaming compared to the AMD counterparts. Especially since the AMD versions it falls behind on will probably get a price cut by the time this actually goes commercial.

I suppose supply is going to be the real decider here. Which CPUs are available and which not.

ALMOST DEAD YESTERDAY, MAYBE DEAD TOMORROW, BUT ALIVE, GLORIOUSLY ALIVE, TODAY

Experience

Well its not out yet and frankly I've heard enough of Intel will kill AMD when the next day its followed by AMD just killed Intel with their unreleased not yet manufactured CPU or how nvidias next rtx 4000 series is going to be this big monster gpu when you now have to settle for the rerelease of the 1050ti.

Unless it releases in the next 2 weeks its about as relevant as when South Africa has finally moved away from Eskom as an energy supplier.
    LG OLED 55C9|DENON X4400H
    SeX - PS5 - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Experience

Experience

Hidden Content

Experience

I was keen on moving onto a platform with PCIE 4.0 in time for the new games that might use DirectStorage/RTX IO, but Rocket Lake is so not worth it. My 5GHz 9900K is probably within a few percent of a stock 11700k, with an even smaller difference at 1440p.

If the current i9 11900k was actually the i7 11700k and if they managed to make a 10 core i9 11900k priced between the 5800X and 5900X it would've been okayish.

Time to move on and wait for Intel Alder Lake (12 series), it's looking promising from the rumours so hopefully it still releases this year.

The big.little design for the Alder Lake is really interesting.
    If they could get the scheduling working right, the 8 small cores (which are rumoured to be similar in performance to Skylake cores) could be very useful for OS tasks and other tasks (RTX IO/Direct Storage?) whilst keeping the 8 big cores free for gaming.

PCIE 5.0 is also mentioned, although rumours say only the x16 slot for now.

And DDR5 is also mentioned, but rumours say only the top boards will have it and DDR5 latency sounds lacking but that's how it goes in the beginning.
    "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord
    and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead,
    you will be saved." - Romans 10:9

Chelsea FC | Aston Martin F1 | PC Gamer

Game IDs
    Experience

I'm chilling with Ryzen for now until intel jumps back in with their 7nm or maybe 5nm. So probably at least 3 years before I upgrade again.

Experience

PCI-E 5.0 is still a good few years. Waiting for performance and efficiency but also a return to proper pricing.
    Hidden Content

Experience

The biggest question would be why does this exist? You can try and soften it by saying why does this exist at the price point? Ultimately ...intel needs to step up. To think they could once destroy AMD with simple marketting.
    Hidden Content