Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Xbox Wireless Headset

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by mantis za View Post
    Cool man BUT SteelSeries ftw
    I have a Steelseries Arctis Pro + Gamedac. Comfy enough and good enough audio quality and all the good stuff.

However, mute button is broken. Volume wheel is funky so it sometimes lowers volume in 1 ear more than the other.
    Also, gamedac screen has SEVERE burn in. Touch the mic boom and you and your friends are deafened, cause its funny I guess.
    Tried to get it replaced, warranty requires me to ship item overseas at my expense. They will only attempt to repair, not replace. R5000+ headset.

Windows quirks: Plug in gamedac and you have to unplug and replug again so it can detect properly.
    Randomly the sound will just get replaced by ear piercing white noise. Unplug and replug to fix.

I still use this set on my PC, but I have to live with how **** the manufacturing quality is. Never in my life will I purchase their products again.

The MS headset cannot be as **** as this loathsome overpriced mediocre sack of quality control issues.

Gaming Wizard
    Wear my heart on my sleeve
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by eyesuc View Post
    I have a Steelseries Arctis Pro + Gamedac. Comfy enough and good enough audio quality and all the good stuff.

However, mute button is broken. Volume wheel is funky so it sometimes lowers volume in 1 ear more than the other.
    Also, gamedac screen has SEVERE burn in. Touch the mic boom and you and your friends are deafened, cause its funny I guess.
    Tried to get it replaced, warranty requires me to ship item overseas at my expense. They will only attempt to repair, not replace. R5000+ headset.

Windows quirks: Plug in gamedac and you have to unplug and replug again so it can detect properly.
    Randomly the sound will just get replaced by ear piercing white noise. Unplug and replug to fix.

I still use this set on my PC, but I have to live with how **** the manufacturing quality is. Never in my life will I purchase their products again.

The MS headset cannot be as **** as this loathsome overpriced mediocre sack of quality control issues.
    This is my third SteelSeries Arctis headset, pretty much married to them at this point don't see myself changing, I might give Astros a try at some point but I'm never going first party again, anyone that gold the original PS4 gold headset knows what I'm talking about .
    Last edited by mantis za; March 25th, 2021 at 08:35 PM.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Mantis is purposefully obtuse and stubborn, fuelled by fanboyism he will defend contrived rationale to the point of contradiction. Noman - 2019

Gaming Wizard
    imdownhereforyoursoul
    Experience

Yeah Steelseries Arctis are pretty incredible quality for the price, and the materials are really good and they're well-designed and don't look ridiculous like a lot of the other headsets, and that elasticised head band actually has a real effect on comfort.

4. Saying Thanks:

Uberutang (March 25th, 2021)  

Gaming Wizard
    Wear my heart on my sleeve
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by nykfist View Post
    Yeah Steelseries Arctis are pretty incredible quality for the price, and the materials are really good and they're well-designed and don't look ridiculous like a lot of the other headsets, and that elasticised head band actually has a real effect on comfort.
    Yeah that's what I love about the headset as well it's doesn't really loo like a "gaming" headset, worn mine on a few plane trips.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Mantis is purposefully obtuse and stubborn, fuelled by fanboyism he will defend contrived rationale to the point of contradiction. Noman - 2019

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianH View Post
    I just received mine. My previous headset was the wired Xbox One headset. Did a quick 10 minute test.

• Super simple to pair, pressed the button on front of XSX and button on headset, it just paired.
    • Popped up with update notification, proceeded to update headset wirelessly.
    • Sounds better than my old headset, clear treble and punchy bass.
    • The outside of the earcup is the volume control. Easy to turn.
    • Fits comfortably on my big head, not tight and not heavy.

So far so good!
    Try the atmos app if you have not yet done so

Gaming Wizard
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Uberutang View Post
    Try the atmos app if you have not yet done so
    I did, then switched to the DTS app, sounded more "surroundy"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345