Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Opinion: What popular game series just completely passed you by?

Experience

COD
    BF
    RDR
    Gears (Or any xbox exclusive tbh)
    Witcher

And probably a load more that

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
    Sjo, I only bought a PS4 like a month before LoU2 came out and so I consumed both games without any influence from the fanbase or the media glut that happened around it and honestly those games were just so thoroughly enjoyable and more-ish for me, hope one day you come around and give them a try, you might be pleasantly surprised.
    Couldn't be bothered. Playstation is boxed up and packed away.
    Survivor of the longest and harshest ban in forum history.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by baasgene View Post
    Eish, not liking FF in the ps1 days is a stretch for a gamer. But alas you like Gears so you're definitely not a japanese gamer.

I activated game pass trial on pc in december, I installed gears 4 since it seemed like a good place for a newbie to start. I couldn't even push half an hour before I uninstalled. Same with Halo. I did opt not to auto renew game pass for pc because there was nothing of value in the end apart from maybe dragon quest 11 s.

Dark souls is absolutely stunning, some people seem to think we play ds to brag, its not even close. Dark souls isn't even that difficult, god of war on hard trumps it. But from software built a magnificent atmosphere and world that makes the difficulty completely secondary, it's old school gaming perfectly done.

In general games that involves guns are very boring to me, but you do get the occasional fun one like deus ex.

Thank f jrpg seems to be getting more popular, games like persona 5 ensured the future. I would stop gaming as a hobby if I had to rely on the west for games.

So to add my list of games that I skipped :

Every COD ever
    Halo
    Gears of war
    Battle royale games
    Survival games
    Minecraft
    To get the most out of Gears you must play the MP side, that is where the game really shines.

I have had the most fun ever in that part of Gears, nowadays I pop into some random lobbies and just play with strangers and it stays fun.

Same with Halo, all the fun lies in the MP.
    Hidden Content for all your Thailand travel adviceHidden Content

Addicted Member
    Wiedzmin 3!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Default Opinion: What popular game series just completely passed you by?

Quote Originally Posted by bokka1 View Post
    To get the most out of Gears you must play the MP side, that is where the game really shines.

I have had the most fun ever in that part of Gears, nowadays I pop into some random lobbies and just play with strangers and it stays fun.

Same with Halo, all the fun lies in the MP.
    I’m in the opposite camp. I installed Gears 5 from GP and had a blast with the campaign and the DLC. I played 2 or 3 MP matches and I’m over it, I don’t think I’ll return to it. I liked the open maps in the campaign and the set pieces in the DLC. The MP is just the same old modes with a new coat of paint (apart from Escape).
    Hidden Content
    “Sometimes we have the absolute certainty there's something inside us that's so hideous and monstrous that if we ever search it out we won't be able to stand looking at it. But it's when we're willing to come face to face with that demon that we face the angel.”
    — Hubert Selby Jr. (Last Exit to Brooklyn)

Gaming Wizard
    Husband. Gamer. Hero.
    Game IDs
    Experience

I'm realizing I dont miss much....

I've had a gap with some xbox games the past 6 years, but I played most of gears, the first halos etc.

I guess I missed all the sports games.
    Final Fantasy 15 was disappointing. Hype failed me. I am Squirtbird.
    Hidden Content

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Wlad View Post
    I’m in the opposite camp. I installed Gears 5 from GP and had a blast with the campaign and the DLC. I played 2 or 3 MP matches and I’m over it, I don’t think I’ll return to it. I liked the open maps in the campaign and the set pieces in the DLC. The MP is just the same old modes with a new coat of paint (apart from Escape).
    I got sucked into the MP with Gears 1 and 2, we had multiple SA lobbies going every night.

Everyone were from the old Xbox forums, everyone knew each other.

We had get togethers and I am still friends with most of the guys from way back then.
    Hidden Content for all your Thailand travel adviceHidden Content

Experience

Eeeuw Multiplayer games. I'm all about that SP goodness.

8. Saying Thanks:

Jonboy (February 24th, 2021)  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345