Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden Age of Golf?

Game IDs
    Experience

Default Golden Age of Golf?

Not seen much local hype about this, but seems that us digital golfers are in for a treat with 3 major (pardon the pun) golf titles coming up for release later this year:

1) EA Sports announce that they are back with the PGA Tour and have all 4 majors

2) 2K announce that Tiger Woods has signed a long term deal and should appear in PGA2K22

3) Mario Golf Super Rush to be released in June on the Switch

Very Senior Member
    Game IDs
    Experience

Im hoping that the golf game from 2k games will use a new engine. The one that HB studios has been using is very dated. Perhaps now that 2k has bought them, they can use the engine that they use for basketball.

Also looking forward to what EA puts forward. Not sure if using Frostbite will be a good fit for their golf games but the engine has come a long way over the years.

No release date yet on either game so i will guess after September or so.
    Last edited by Snakey_ZA; April 8th, 2021 at 08:24 AM.

3. Saying Thanks:

Sybawoods (April 8th, 2021)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Yeah, I'm with you on the 2k engine. I love the gameplay though, and although I'm looking forward to the next iteration, I hope it doesn't change the fundamental swing mechanics too much, since this is the best it's been any golf game so far (i.m.h.o.).

EA will likely bring lots of licensing and overall presentation "bling", but I hope it's not pay-to-win, or too arcadey.

Either way. Some competition in this genre is awesome to see again. It should lead to more innovation which can only be good for the consumer.

Oupa
    8d8 dmg on me? But I’m lvl 3...
    Game IDs
    Experience

Clap Hanz also released their golf game on Apple Arcade. Haven’t checked it out but being a big fan of the Minna No Golf series, I’ll definitely get to it.

6. Saying Thanks:

Oupa
    Need to sleep
    Game IDs
    Experience

To me its the Golf 2.

After that it stopped being a family car and more of a single dad trying to regain youth car.

Very Senior Member
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by krYtHan View Post
    Clap Hanz also released their golf game on Apple Arcade. Haven’t checked it out but being a big fan of the Minna No Golf series, I’ll definitely get to it.
    Loved Everybody's Golf but kinda got disappointed by their online component in the last game for ps4. Running around a course looking for coins like really! Buying extra coins to level up your club...pay to win as you can get. I wish they had kept the multiplayer the same as their previous games.

No news yet on a ps5 game. We can only hope one is in development already.

Very Senior Member
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Sybawoods View Post
    Yeah, I'm with you on the 2k engine. I love the gameplay though, and although I'm looking forward to the next iteration, I hope it doesn't change the fundamental swing mechanics too much, since this is the best it's been any golf game so far (i.m.h.o.).

EA will likely bring lots of licensing and overall presentation "bling", but I hope it's not pay-to-win, or too arcadey.

Either way. Some competition in this genre is awesome to see again. It should lead to more innovation which can only be good for the consumer.
    Agreed...im definitely not buying both games so the decision will come down to who offers the most out the box without being too intrusive with dlc's and microtransactions.

10. Saying Thanks:

Colossus
    Interesting times.
    Experience

I’ll watch reviews between 2k and EA, been a while since I played a good golf game.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAna View Post
    I’ll watch reviews between 2k and EA, been a while since I played a good golf game.
    Same. Really keen for another good golf game but the last one i invested real time into was still back on PS3 - whichever version of Tiger Woods it was at that time.

Oupa
    8d8 dmg on me? But I’m lvl 3...
    Game IDs
    Experience

For me, anything that has the traditional 3 click meter I’ll get. Really not fond of the right stick swing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast