Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elon Musk’s SpaceX must have black ownership to launch Starlink in South Africa – ICA

Default Elon Musk’s SpaceX must have black ownership to launch Starlink in South Africa – ICA

Elon Musk’s SpaceX must have black ownership to launch Starlink in South Africa – ICASA

New black empowerment laws in the telecommunications industry are jeopardising the rollout of SpaceX’s Starlink Internet service in South Africa.

Experience

I guess that means no internet for us then
    LG OLED 55C9|DENON X4400H
    SeX - PS5 - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

3. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (April 21st, 2021),  Strifehart (April 21st, 2021),  Uberutang (April 21st, 2021),  Wyvern (April 21st, 2021)  

Gaming Wizard
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    Experience

oooohhh, wonder if Elon will give the big FU to the government.

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

LOL he should just launch it. WTF is the ANC going to do? Start a space program to send space cops after his sats?

6. Saying Thanks:

Cathal (April 21st, 2021),  Cravinho (April 21st, 2021),  Enlightened End (April 22nd, 2021),  eyesuc (April 21st, 2021),  mantis za (April 21st, 2021),  marmeduke (April 21st, 2021),  nan0s0ldier (April 22nd, 2021),  Toi ZA (April 21st, 2021),  Wyvern (April 21st, 2021)  

Experience

More like "fast uncapped internet now accessible to all communities" , "but does it have local ownership?" , "well I guess those communities doesn't need access". Next newsheadline: Communities still without internet access.
    LG OLED 55C9|DENON X4400H
    SeX - PS5 - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

8. Saying Thanks:

Cravinho (April 21st, 2021),  Uberutang (April 21st, 2021),  Wyvern (April 21st, 2021)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Uberutang View Post
    LOL he should just launch it. WTF is the ANC going to do? Start a space program to send space cops after his sats?
    Dude imagine how they would fly a spaceship? And they'll probably end up using it to buy groceries at Checkers.

Experience

This is why we can't have nice things in the country cos of stupid decisions like this.

Gaming Wizard
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Uberutang View Post
    I'm guessing the modems will be an issue. ICASA won't approve them which is the likely hurdle.

Experience

Just one more stupid decision from a government run by morons. I’m not even surprised.

Very Senior Member
    Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
    Game IDs
    Experience

The ANC mandates censorship in a lot of rural areas of the country for internet access.

My dad does a crap load of travelling all over the country for Cartography and updates a lot of it to his social media as he is working and in many places Facebook and Twatter just flat out dont work even though he has full 4g, can browse and stream YT and browse the general net.

If they cant censor Elon's internet solution, they dont want it here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast