Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: advice on monitor choice

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by G_SHARK001 View Post
    Good choice given the options. The LG you mentioned is a 27Inch and that is a waste on a 4k screen. 32+" for 4K is much better. At 27" you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between a 1440p and 4k.
    I dont quite agree, Some systems *(like the ps5) do not support 1440p native res on a monitor, so having a hdmi2.1 set with 4k support is a good way to future proof.

2. Saying Thanks:

faeez13 (May 4th, 2021)  

Oupa
    You dont Wanna know. No Really. Trust me.
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Uberutang View Post
    I dont quite agree, Some systems *(like the ps5) do not support 1440p native res on a monitor, so having a hdmi2.1 set with 4k support is a good way to future proof.
    Not relevant in this case though. He isn't looking at HDMI 2.1 and was limited to basically the 3 monitors he mentioned only.

Earlier up in the thread we did advise to wait it out for an HDMI 2.1 compliant 4k monitor, but that was not an option.

4. Saying Thanks:

faeez13 (May 4th, 2021),  Uberutang (May 4th, 2021)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Uberutang View Post
    Problem is we don't have the monitors that supports all the features we want. The best bet is to go for a 48 CX OLED if you can find one. Sadly they are rare and more expensive than the 55". As for monitor size you really don't want to go for anything more than a 27" because it gets too big depending on where you sit. I know its a point of contention but when I moved from 23" to 27" it was jarring at first but with going from 1080p to 1440p I pretty much got the same pixel count so it didnt really affect the overall quality. Going from 27" to ultrawide 34" also wasn't such a big deal because it still retained the high of the 27".

I feel we are in that odd realm on PC gaming where 1440p provides just enough detail without turning games into a sloggish experience while 4k is still somewhat demanding.
    LG OLED 55C9|DENON X4400H
    SeX - PS5 - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

6. Saying Thanks:

faeez13 (May 4th, 2021)  

Experience

Good choice given the options. The LG you mentioned is a 27Inch and that is a waste on a 4k screen. 32+" for 4K is much better. At 27" you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between a 1440p and 4k.
    yeah i was disappointed at the options work gave
    but I think the phillips was decent but know i could of got something a bit better considering the value of the monitor
    maybe like ASUS TUF gaming monitor

Experience

Not relevant in this case though. He isn't looking at HDMI 2.1 and was limited to basically the 3 monitors he mentioned only.

Earlier up in the thread we did advise to wait it out for an HDMI 2.1 compliant 4k monitor, but that was not an option.
    yep at a later stage i get one with hdmi 2.1 with my own funds, had to take what i got offered

9. Saying Thanks:

Uberutang (May 4th, 2021)  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12