Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You guys seeing the Israel v Palestine action going on ?

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Uberutang View Post
    Sin is a made up human thing. It does not exist. There is just nature. Abandon the old ways. Embrace the future.
    Your "new ways" or "future" is a made up thing. People following their nature is what led to much horrid evil in history.

And I know you're going to reply "But religion does more evil!" so I'll reply on that already with a quote below

Quote Originally Posted by Jer1cho View Post
    “With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil - that takes religion.”
    "Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God." - 3 John 1:11

To be honest, I'm impressed we got through a whole page before the old "THe wORLD wOUld Be beTTEr WITHoUt rELigIoN" argument reared its head.
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
    that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    - John 3:16

PC & PS5 Gamer | Chelsea FC | Aston Martin F1

2. Saying Thanks:

Diego_1za (May 13th, 2021),  vaas213 (May 12th, 2021),  xxx_alwyn_xxx (May 12th, 2021)  

Gaming Wizard
    Crossbuy.Crossgen.Crossplay
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    Your "new ways" or "future" is a made up thing. People following their nature is what led to much horrid evil in history.

And I know you're going to reply "But religion does more evil!" so I'll reply on that already with a quote below

"Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God." - 3 John 1:11

To be honest, I'm impressed we got through a whole page before the old "THe wORLD wOUld Be beTTEr WITHoUt rELigIoN" argument reared its head.
    Cant argue with the indoctrinated man. You do you, but I'm just saying a few hundred years without worshiping fictional characters would be a net good thing, not a net bad thing.

4. Saying Thanks:

abev (May 12th, 2021),  FiveStarZA (May 12th, 2021),  KenMasters (May 12th, 2021),  nan0s0ldier (May 12th, 2021),  nykfist (May 12th, 2021),  Sting_Ray (May 12th, 2021),  Wlad (May 12th, 2021)  

Experience

Cant argue with the indoctrinated man. You do you, but I'm just saying a few hundred years without worshiping fictional characters would be a net good thing, not a net bad thing.
    Then why even bring it up if you know that 7.79 billion "indoctrinated" religious people would never even argue with you, let alone consider your self-guided suggestion for the future because you think you know what's best for the world based on nothing but your own life experience and opinions picked up over 40 odd years ?

Gaming Wizard
    imdownhereforyoursoul
    Experience

Religion is the root cause of all this ****.
    Religious was the excuse for taking it, it's really about that sweet prime property, it's about land. It's always about land.

7. Saying Thanks:

Uberutang (May 12th, 2021)  

Experience

"Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God." - 3 John 1:11.
    Bruh nobody even knows who wrote the bible. At least I know who wrote the quote I posted. lol.

On this debacle, religion is never the root cause of wars. It's the justification. Same with SA and apartheid...

Experience

Then why even bring it up if you know that 7.79 billion "indoctrinated" religious people would never even argue with you, let alone consider your self-guided suggestion for the future because you think you know what's best for the world based on nothing but your own life experience and opinions picked up over 40 odd years ?
    I will pray for you.

On this debacle, religion is never the root cause of wars. It's the justification. Same with SA and apartheid...
    Remove religion, and all you are left with is the exposed inherent nature of people. I believe in secular evil

10. Saying Thanks:

KenMasters (May 12th, 2021)  

Experience

Yeah, and if everyone in SA was a Christian and followed Jesus' and the apostles' teachings then SA would be a righteous crime free non-corrupt country that many would immigrate to

The problem isn't religion, it's just the sinful human nature. Palestine wants the land, Israel won't give it the land so it uses violence just like Cain killing Abel. Greed, jealousy, pride, violence - Those are the problem.

Pray for all God's people.
    Unfortunately that is not going to happen. We were created with free will and the choice to obey or disobey. That's why we or rather oupa en ouma Adam en Eva got kicked from Eden. Even today when people say they are christian it doesn't hold all the values going with it.

We are all children of God but what if people decide not to believe or follow that path? What if people decide to be muslim, atheist, satanist. Does that make them less than God's children?

Either way I don't know how the conflict there would be fixed. If it didn't exist then sure but then you would have the land still remaining so a fight for scorched earth.
    LG OLED 55C9|DENON X4400H
    SeX - PS5 - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by eyesuc View Post
    I will pray for you.

Remove religion, and all you are left with is the exposed inherent nature of people. I believe in secular evil
    No need for a scapegoat when I'm naughty that's for sure!

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    Unfortunately that is not going to happen. We were created with free will and the choice to obey or disobey. That's why we or rather oupa en ouma Adam en Eva got kicked from Eden. Even today when people say they are christian it doesn't hold all the values going with it.

We are all children of God but what if people decide not to believe or follow that path? What if people decide to be muslim, atheist, satanist. Does that make them less than God's children?

Either way I don't know how the conflict there would be fixed. If it didn't exist then sure but then you would have the land still remaining so a fight for scorched earth.
    1. No evidence we were created.
    2. The Genesis creation myth is not real, and didn't happen.
    3. We are not all children of god. We are children of our parents, made possible through millions of years of evolution
    4. We are all atheists by default. It's the rest that is taught.

Oh how I miss the good old days of the metaphysical banter.

14. Saying Thanks:

abev (May 12th, 2021),  KenMasters (May 12th, 2021),  Master0z (May 12th, 2021),  Sting_Ray (May 12th, 2021),  Uberutang (May 12th, 2021)  

Experience

Bruh nobody even knows who wrote the bible. At least I know who wrote the quote I posted. lol.
    The Bible is a collection of books. There's no one person that wrote it all.
    That's what makes it so unique. Prophecies from multiple writers over thousands of years all aligned in Christ.

Unfortunately that is not going to happen. We were created with free will and the choice to obey or disobey.
    Well, technically not every sect of Christianity believes this. What you're referencing is an Arminian theological idea that came from Protestantism in the 1600s. There's another Protestant sect that believes in predestination, that you and everyone else in this thread were predestined to have this discussion and your belief or lack of belief was predestined.
    And there's the usual Catholic and Orthodox churches that have different ideas.

God "desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." - 1 Timothy 2:4

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast