Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Samsung - HW-Q950A

Oupa
    in the Awesome 1 I trust
    Game IDs
    Experience

Thanks mate.

Yes. You are correct on the 2 different Atmos Technology but this differentiation is only there if you read the specs properly, in most cases it is all advertised as Atmos simply. That’s what I was averting on my post.

Agree. But there isn’t really a simple way to really know when you are really upgrading your system. There is no straight answer when I Google for example, what is the best SB for LG C1, so unless the average user like becomes an expert overnight, you will never know if the SB is better than your tv setup or if it isn’t overkill.

Btw. The salesman pointed me towards this SB from Sony. What you guys think? https://www.avforums.com/reviews/son...r-review.18027

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Hasnain_G View Post
    Thanks mate.

Yes. You are correct on the 2 different Atmos Technology but this differentiation is only there if you read the specs properly, in most cases it is all advertised as Atmos simply. Thatís what I was averting on my post.

Agree. But there isnít really a simple way to really know when you are really upgrading your system. There is no straight answer when I Google for example, what is the best SB for LG C1, so unless the average user like becomes an expert overnight, you will never know if the SB is better than your tv setup or if it isnít overkill.

Btw. The salesman pointed me towards this SB from Sony. What you guys think? https://www.avforums.com/reviews/son...r-review.18027
    I hear you ( lol). Sound is subjective to a degree. Google as many reviews as you can to try and guage some consensus. Ultimately, you'll only know once you hear it. So try to listen to one in store.

You can confirm the store's return policy should you not be completely satisfied if you have to buy it without being able to listen to it.

Game IDs
    Experience

There is no straight answer when I Google for example, what is the best SB for LG C1, so unless the average user like becomes an expert overnight, you will never know if the SB is better than your tv setup or if it isn’t overkill.
    I agree it's not an easy subject to get your head around, a lot of nuance in audio. One thing I can guarantee though, there is no such thing as overkill in this price range.

4. Saying Thanks:

QuiXilver (July 9th, 2021)  

Oupa
    in the Awesome 1 I trust
    Game IDs
    Experience

Sup guys. So I went to dig the system that I have at home. And it’s actually a LG LHD657 (1000 watts, 5.1 Home Theatre)

So what suggestion can you give?

Is it a good system? Should I still buy a soundbar? Can I combine it with a soundbar? Should I just discard it (sell it)?

Game IDs
    Experience

Sup guys. So I went to dig the system that I have at home. And itís actually a LG LHD657 (1000 watts, 5.1 Home Theatre)

So what suggestion can you give?

Is it a good system? Should I still buy a soundbar? Can I combine it with a soundbar? Should I just discard it (sell it)?
    Pretty subjective questions. Are you still enjoying it?

What do you want out of a sound system?

Combining won't bring any added benefit imho plus you're subjected to sound delays.

Oupa
    in the Awesome 1 I trust
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by QuiXilver View Post
    Pretty subjective questions. Are you still enjoying it?

What do you want out of a sound system?

Combining won't bring any added benefit imho plus you're subjected to sound delays.
    As per my first post, it was a gift from a few years back and I haven’t opened it yet.

Was talking about using the speakers to complement a soundbar maybe? Things like that. Don’t know if it’s possible though.

Or maybe pair it with a receiver? An go that route?
    Last edited by Hasnain_G; July 11th, 2021 at 02:00 PM.

Game IDs
    Experience

Was talking about using the speakers to complement a soundbar maybe? Things like that. Don’t know if it’s possible though.

Or maybe pair it with a receiver? An go that route?
    I don't know if it's be possible to pair them with a different system, those sorts HTiBs usually use proprietary connections. Even if you could, they wouldn't be a sonic match for whatever soundbar you get. You're not going to gain much pairing them with an AVR either, other than the extra HDMI inputs.
    Last edited by KenMasters; July 12th, 2021 at 10:58 AM.

Game IDs
    Experience

I've decided on the Klipsch Cinema 1200. Read/watched one or two good reviews recently. Hopefully more reviews are released soon. I believe it is expected in SA in September (August launch internationally) at a price tag of around R28k (seems to be an estimate for now).

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Theory View Post
    I've decided on the Klipsch Cinema 1200. Read/watched one or two good reviews recently. Hopefully more reviews are released soon. I believe it is expected in SA in September (August launch internationally) at a price tag of around R28k (seems to be an estimate for now).
    Funny you should mention that. I just saw this review last night. Cemented my idea about the Sonos. With the Sammy Q950A a close second.

11. Saying Thanks:

Ninja_Theory (July 21st, 2021)  

Game IDs
    Experience

I see some reviews are starting to come in for the Klipsch. I definitely like what I see. My mind is made up on the Cinema 1200. Contacted the agents today.. September it is. I'll report back.

13. Saying Thanks:

SLYGUY (July 22nd, 2021)  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345