Thread: Mesh Wifi Advice

Experience

Default Mesh Wifi Advice

Good day

I finally had my fibre installed today, unfortunately it had to be installed in my garage so was told a mesh wifi system would be my best bet at extending the range to the rest of the house.

The house is around 220 square metres. Any advice on a good mesh system would be very much appreciated. My budget is around R5000.

Thanks

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by PoRrA View Post
    Good day

I finally had my fibre installed today, unfortunately it had to be installed in my garage so was told a mesh wifi system would be my best bet at extending the range to the rest of the house.

The house is around 220 square metres. Any advice on a good mesh system would be very much appreciated. My budget is around R5000.

Thanks
    im Going to be in a similar Situation in a few months when i move into the place, looking forward to see what the solutions people have is

Experience

I got a Deco M5 3-pack from Amazon a couple of months ago. Does an awesome job of covering my place.

Local price is around R5k but importing from Amazon can save you a good ~R2k:
    https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Deco-.../dp/B06WVCB862

4. Saying Thanks:

Goiki7 (September 16th, 2021),  GvR (September 15th, 2021),  PoRrA (August 4th, 2021)  

Experience

Thank you so much for sharing this pack with us.

TweakBox Tutuapp
    Last edited by daion; September 12th, 2021 at 08:53 PM.

Gaming Wizard
    Game IDs
    Experience

If you going mesh or wireless AP, consider wifi 6, (ax) it’ll cost more upfront , but at least you’ll be future proofed

Experience

Good day

Thanks
    I have a Linksys AC1300 for sale if you keen. Not sure wthwr it meets your requirements though.. Selling for R1600 new. Pm me if you keen.. Cheers

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by TheV View Post
    I got a Deco M5 3-pack from Amazon a couple of months ago. Does an awesome job of covering my place.

Local price is around R5k but importing from Amazon can save you a good ~R2k:
    https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Deco-.../dp/B06WVCB862
    I use the M4 3x pack in my house. I can vouch for the TP-Link stuff. Easy to setup with the App.

9. Saying Thanks:

TheV (September 16th, 2021)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Alternatively we have had some really good feedback from our clients who we installed the TENDA NOVA MW5C Mesh systems.

Experience

Good day

Thanks
    I also have a big house so I chose the most powerful router. Since the area is large. For the router to provide coverage throughout the house choose models that run on a good processor. And also have at least 128 MB of RAM. And high-quality powerful transmitters. So that you don't have to repair the routerlogin com unnecessarily. If one Wi-Fi router does not cover the necessary area and in some rooms the signal is weak. Then you should either install repeaters or create a seamless connection. In the first case you will have several networks with different names and passwords. In the second you will have one network with one name and password. To organize seamless Wi-Fi you need to use routers that support new technologies. I personally use D-Link AC1200 Dual-Band model (DIR-842). I don't know if you will like it.
    Last edited by Maxxx17; September 19th, 2021 at 03:12 PM.

12. Saying Thanks:

PoRrA (September 19th, 2021)  

Experience

Good day

Thanks
    Similar position to you but with a larger area to cover with lots of walls and an upstairs section too.

After some research I settled on a TP Link Deco X20 (3 piece kit). Ordered via Amazon US, should arrive by Monday. Costed me about R4500 all inclusive. Cheapest I've seen in SA for the same kit is R6250 at Incredible.

Its Wifi 6 capable too. Can give some feedback on the kit in a week or so.

14. Saying Thanks:

nuyork (September 19th, 2021),  PoRrA (September 19th, 2021)