Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PC Build recommendations

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    Sorry to say this but your not getting anything remotely close to that for 19k. All prices are the same as they were 5 years ago on the graphics card front so sadly with that budget it just isnt possible and looking at raw material costs and production price increases it will be better just to go for a Series X or PS5
    I'm curious but why AMD/5600x over the 11400f?

Quote Originally Posted by Jer1cho View Post
    No need to lock it at 60Hz ever. Just leave 144Hz on, leave V Sync off in game and have FreeSync on on the monitor. You wont have tearing and the FPS fluctuations wont be felt that badly, but no point in locking it to 60Hz for anything.
    That's perfect then, thanks!

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by spleenpoker View Post
    I'm curious but why AMD/5600x over the 11400f?
    Damn more than a grand cheaper than the AMD. I would go for the Intel just to put another grand on for the GPU lol. That 11400 is crazy good value for money.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Jer1cho View Post
    Damn more than a grand cheaper than the AMD. I would go for the Intel just to put another grand on for the GPU lol. That 11400 is crazy good value for money.
    Yeah I know! I'm just trying to find a decent board to go with it but coming up short on any decent ones.

Experience

I'm trying to see where the 11400f is but I only see the kf for the same price.

That monitor will be fine.

Also the motherboard that will be ok to use is this one:

https://www.wootware.co.za/asus-prim...therboard.html

I'm not a fan of AMDs graphics cards. I've never had people come back and complain about nvidia cards drivers but I've had people swear they would never touch an AMD card again.

I still recommend getting a 3060ti if you can push the budget to get one.
    LG OLED 55C9|DENON X4400H
    SeX - PS5 - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    I'm trying to see where the 11400f is but I only see the kf for the same price.

That monitor will be fine.

Also the motherboard that will be ok to use is this one:

https://www.wootware.co.za/asus-prim...therboard.html

I'm not a fan of AMDs graphics cards. I've never had people come back and complain about nvidia cards drivers but I've had people swear they would never touch an AMD card again.

I still recommend getting a 3060ti if you can push the budget to get one.
    Much appreciated.

I'm still trying to get this right but I'll actually save in the long run by going AMD because to get the same speeds, I'd need a lot more power for the 11th Gen Intel, so I'll actually be saving on electricity, right?

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by spleenpoker View Post
    Much appreciated.

I'm still trying to get this right but I'll actually save in the long run by going AMD because to get the same speeds, I'd need a lot more power for the 11th Gen Intel, so I'll actually be saving on electricity, right?
    11400F does use more power, yes. So if monthly usage is a concern, there is a small saving to be made by going Ryzen. It won't be much but I suppose it will add up over time.

Depending on initial purchasing cost of CPU and motherboard, I would still recommend the 5600X. It's faster in just about every benchmark and uses less power. Also, Intel's stock coolers are ****e.

Last edited by UrBaN; September 3rd, 2021 at 12:09 PM.

Experience

Here's the thing. A few months ago you could get a Ryzen 3600 for R3500 and simply pair it with a B450 board for R2000. The IPC difference meant that the 5600x is 20% faster which is a rather huger speed increase but not enough to say its worth paying R2000 more for the CPU. That also said when the graphics cards launched earlier this year you could get a 3060ti for R10k. They went up to R18k and now are around R13k. When the 3070 launched it was R13k for those cards and R18k for the 3080.

The best thing to do is simply accept that R14k is the new R7k-R8k. As bad as it sounds you either sitting now with a 6th gen or better intel CPU or you are on ryzen 3rd gen with a 1070 or better. All you can do is ride this out and postpone your upgrade. Otherwise if your games are starting to run like **** it can be time to consider a Series X or PS5 for R12k and make that your primary game system.

Also note that the only reason the 11400F was such a value to start off with was that it was going for the same price as the last 3600. Since its no longer R3500 I cannot recommend it.
    LG OLED 55C9|DENON X4400H
    SeX - PS5 - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123