Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by D4RKL1NGza View Post
    Out of the ****ing norwegian woods just to come roast me fml

Oupa
    in the Awesome 1 I trust
    Game IDs
    Experience

Just out of curiosity. What are the forum stats these days?

The thing is that back then the sheer amount of content outweighed the negative post that where created. Now, its not the case.

And unless we get a decent amount of people into the same kind of game, the forum will always stay at the same state.

Back then there use to be weekend sessions of everything. From WipeOut to F1. And plenty of tournaments.

We seriously need a game that creates such interest. Even if it's COD, I ll take it

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Hasnain_G View Post
    Just out of curiosity. What are the forum stats these days?

The thing is that back then the sheer amount of content outweighed the negative post that where created. Now, its not the case.

And unless we get a decent amount of people into the same kind of game, the forum will always stay at the same state.

Back then there use to be weekend sessions of everything. From WipeOut to F1. And plenty of tournaments.

We seriously need a game that creates such interest. Even if it's COD, I ll take it
    Soggy marie? Has competitive multiplayer or coop. No real learning curve.

Very Senior Member
    Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by D4RKL1NGza View Post
    Out of the ****ing norwegian woods just to come roast me fml
    "Be your own hero, it's cheaper than a movie ticket" - Douglas Horton

5. Saying Thanks:

Havok ZA (September 21st, 2021)  

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Havok ZA View Post
    Good times. Gears matches, Forza 2 races with Jake Wheelbarrow and commentating. Was lekker
    It sad that most of our good forum and gaming memories are 10ish years ago. Most of us are pretty old now lol

Addicted Member
    Dude'er than you!
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by faeez13 View Post
    It sad that most of our good forum and gaming memories are 10ish years ago. Most of us are pretty old now lol
    Haha yeah maybe that's it!

8. Saying Thanks:

faeez13 (September 21st, 2021)  

Gaming Wizard
    Game IDs
    Experience

The PS3 days were the heyday of this forum, really epic times back then, but that was 14 years ago

10. Saying Thanks:

xxx_alwyn_xxx (October 13th, 2021)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by telegamer View Post
    The PS3 days were the heyday of this forum, really epic times back then, but that was 14 years ago
    The absolute peak was around the time GTA Online launched on PS3. It was very common for most of each server you ended up in to consist of SA Gamer folks. And to hear mostly Saffer accents over the general voice chat.

My opinion is that this forum is a perfect example of what happens when a few problem users are not banned timeously.

Whatever drama existed at almost any given moment was pretty minor and didn't tend to spill out to other threads. But this place slowly accumulated toxic characters who effectively chased out the regulars (and non-PS fanboys) one by one, until hardly anyone remained.

Fortunately things have resurged greatly with the popularity of Discord, with some epic local servers. Forums aren't as popular as they once were, and gamer kids are probably not that interested, so there's limited intake to build things up again with fresh blood. I haven't cared to check, but if a bunch of the current regulars are the same people who caused most of the community to leave, well that won't help either.

12. Saying Thanks:

Maverick Mike (October 20th, 2021),  telegamer (October 19th, 2021)  

Addicted Member
    The Wise PoisonMaster Never Licks His Fingers.
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Pies View Post
    The absolute peak was around the time GTA Online launched on PS3. It was very common for most of each server you ended up in to consist of SA Gamer folks. And to hear mostly Saffer accents over the general voice chat.

My opinion is that this forum is a perfect example of what happens when a few problem users are not banned timeously.

Whatever drama existed at almost any given moment was pretty minor and didn't tend to spill out to other threads. But this place slowly accumulated toxic characters who effectively chased out the regulars (and non-PS fanboys) one by one, until hardly anyone remained.

Fortunately things have resurged greatly with the popularity of Discord, with some epic local servers. Forums aren't as popular as they once were, and gamer kids are probably not that interested, so there's limited intake to build things up again with fresh blood. I haven't cared to check, but if a bunch of the current regulars are the same people who caused most of the community to leave, well that won't help either.
    I disagree on the forums not being popular part, I hang out mostly these days on Carbonite and it's awesome. Really epic forum that works amazingly well.

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Pies View Post

People actually leave forums because of toxic members ..... damn snowflakes

Grow a pair .... its only the internet

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2181920212223242526 ... LastLast