Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022) Disney+

Addicted Member
    "This ends tonight." —Arkham Knight
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by D4RKL1NGza View Post
    Hayden Christensen did a really good job playing Vader and I hope they do a spin off series for some more Vader goodness
    I so agree that getting Hayden back was a great move, you could actually see the difference in movement when he was in the Vader suit as opposed to the stunt doubles. When Vader's lightsaber choreography is being run by the stunt guys it looks very stiff and robotic, just him swinging his lightsaber around wildly like he's demanding to see the manager at a restaurant.

But when Hayden's fighting in the suit there's style and finesse in Vader's movements, you can see the training from Revenge of the Sith coming back to him. Vader looked so damn slick in that final duel, like you could see the dude was a Jedi in a former life.

2. Saying Thanks:

D4RKL1NGza (June 23rd, 2022)  

Addicted Member
    Comedian of the Year 2013
    Praise the sun! \|--|/
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Kelnari View Post
    I so agree that getting Hayden back was a great move, you could actually see the difference in movement when he was in the Vader suit as opposed to the stunt doubles. When Vader's lightsaber choreography is being run by the stunt guys it looks very stiff and robotic, just him swinging his lightsaber around wildly like he's demanding to see the manager at a restaurant.

But when Hayden's fighting in the suit there's style and finesse in Vader's movements, you can see the training from Revenge of the Sith coming back to him. Vader looked so damn slick in that final duel, like you could see the dude was a Jedi in a former life.
    But Vader's movement is supposed to seem very robotic. If I recall correctly, in the expanded universe it's explained that he is unable to lift his arms above shoulder height and the suit purposely is made to keep him in pain so he can tap into the dark side better.

4. Saying Thanks:

Kelnari (June 23rd, 2022)  

Addicted Member
    "This ends tonight." —Arkham Knight
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by D4RKL1NGza View Post
    But Vader's movement is supposed to seem very robotic. If I recall correctly, in the expanded universe it's explained that he is unable to lift his arms above shoulder height and the suit purposely is made to keep him in pain so he can tap into the dark side better.
    Ah, that's interesting, wasn't aware that they had a rationale for his stiff movements.

But unfortunately everything in the Expanded Universe has now been flushed down the toilet, unless of course Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni speaks it into law.
    For now it seems Vader is as mobile with his robotic limbs as he was as Anakin Skywalker.

Oupa
    I don't know the cool kids haven't placed me yet...
    Experience

What a finale! And, the cameo, daaaaaaamn.....

Gaming Wizard
    Lets count to a Million
    Experience

Im glad it ended strong I'm keen to watch it

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234