Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Switch is selling well

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
    Well can't deny that Breath of the Wild made the Switch worth it for me!
    The switch had one of the best launch years in recent memory with all the big titles it got in year one that being said the switch is definitely showing it's age now but I don't see Nintendo releasing new hardware till at least 2024 also wouldn't be surprised to see Sony/MS do a mid gen refresh around that time as well.

Experience

Let's say nintendo releases a switch with twice the memory, no cart slots, double the core count and double the graphics core every developer will just leave the base switch.
    LG OLED 55C9|DENON X4400H
    SeX - PS5 - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
    Well can't deny that Breath of the Wild made the Switch worth it for me!
    Funnily enough, it's the one game I purchased for my OLED Switch that I can't get into. Dunno if it's the weak sauce intro that provides little to no direction, or the graphics that make my eyes bleed, but I can barely manage more than about 30 minutes in one go the few times I've picked it up. I found Link's Awakening to be far more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wlad View Post
    Best console ever. Haters gonna hate.
    It's a bit more nuanced than that. I bought an OLED Switch, some of the top recommended games (BotW, Link's Awakening, Super Mario Odyssey, Animal Crossing & Mario Kart) and the pro controller just to see what I've been missing out on.

I'm not sure I regret the purchases per se, but it would be an understatement to say that I have not been blown away. I knew it wasn't about the horsepower, but the graphics were a shock nonetheless. And are still a shock tbh, and still takes a few minutes to become less of a bother each time I fire it up.

These child-friendly, cartoony games are cute and somewhat enjoyable to me, but I can certainly appreciate that a large chunk of gamers won't enjoy this stuff compared to playing more conventional games. I'd much rather spend hours playing Red Dead 2, AC Valhalla, Forza Horizon 5 etc. than throwing Mario's hat around some old-school platformer nonsense levels, or the arbitrary carnage of Mario Kart etc.

It's a positive quality to find delight in Nintendo's vision of gaming, but it ain't for everyone. And increasingly I'm thinking it isn't for me.

Quote Originally Posted by StarBound View Post
    Let's say nintendo releases a switch with twice the memory, no cart slots, double the core count and double the graphics core every developer will just leave the base switch.
    Not supporting physical game sales must be unthinkable to Nintendo.
    Last edited by Lord of the Pies; June 25th, 2022 at 03:43 PM.

4. Saying Thanks:

bokka1 (June 25th, 2022)  

Game IDs
    Experience

@Lord of the Pies

FFF. Forza Forizon Five.

I like it.
    Hidden Content for all your Thailand travel adviceHidden Content

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by bokka1 View Post
    @Lord of the Pies

FFF. Forza Forizon Five.

I like it.
    My lawyers will be in touch with Grammarly shortly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12