Page 2396 of 2397 FirstFirst ... 13961896229623462376239223932394239523962397 LastLast
Results 23,951 to 23,960 of 23965

Thread: What was the last movie you watched ?

Experience

Justice League Dark Apokilips War - 10/10

It is funny how DC lost out to Marvel when it came out to being the more edgy and more violent cartoons in the 90s and how it all changed around with DC having the better animated movies and Marvel/Disney having the better live action stuff. JLD AW is what Infinity war and end game is when you fast forward IW and go straight to EG without a rollback mechanic.

The movie starts off with the mention of the flash point which is part of this series of movies. Things turn really dark really fast. So many DC heroes die or get mutilated from just after the title screen right through until the end. In all honesty it is the kind of "we are ****ed" scenario that I hate because there is no way out of it for anyone and the movie pushes it right through until the very end. It also leads up to that end where the only possible future is a reset and that is just a lazy way of doing things as you nulify everything prior.

By far the bloodiest and goriest of the animated DC movies so far.
    LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SLYGUY View Post
    I knew exactly what I was getting after I watched the trailer but I'm a sucker for shark movies and the first one is one of my favs.

5/10

Deep Blue Sea 3 (2020)
    I'll give it a 6/10. Much better than I thought it would be, although a bit light on the shark action for my taste. Much better than the 2nd one though, which was also shot here in CT.

3. Saying Thanks:

SLYGUY (July 30th, 2020)  

Gaming Wizard
    ..XV..
    Game IDs
    Experience

Random Acts of Violence - 7/10 - Enjoyed it. Some cool gore but light on everything else.

Deep Blue Sea 3 - 6/10 - Agree that it was much better than expected. Questionable CG aside, not a bad effort. Not in the same league as the original obviously. (One or two Sharknado-ish moments but I can look past it)..
    <<Final Fantasy XV>>

5. Saying Thanks:

ChristoS (August 1st, 2020),  SLYGUY (August 1st, 2020)  

Experience

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpions revenge - 7/10

How many times has this tale been retold now? I have lost count already and then they go and do another change. It still follows the arc of Quanchi having killed Scorpions clan, using magic to alter his own appearance in order to lead the Sub-zeros clan in the genocide. However the screen time Sub-Zero gets is pathetically little to the feeling of "you killed my family" and "wait what?" then the fight ends. The last few minutes of the movie felt like it was rushed and ultimately leads to a change in the original and other retellings.
    LG OLED 55C8|DENON X4400H
    XboneX - PS4 Pro - Switch - SUPER AWESOME PC
    Hidden Content

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SLYGUY View Post
    I gave this go because I saw Samberg was in it and not knowing it was going be groundhog hog day genre movie.When they started doing the day over I was like this going to be disappointing but damn they killed it. Samberg was brilliant and the chemistry he had with his co-star (Milioti) was on point, they managed to bring so many fresh ideas to a plot that has been done so many times.

Solid 8/10 for me

Palm Springs (2020)

just watched it now. Completely agree. Enjoyed it a lot.
    Chelsea FC | Vettel
    PC Gamer (GTX 1080Ti, i9 9900k @5GHz, 32Gb RAM, 3.5 GB/s SSD, 1440p/155Hz/GSync compatible

8. Saying Thanks:

SLYGUY (August 2nd, 2020)  

Gaming Wizard
    Lets count to a Million
    Experience

I'm not a fan of Ben Mendelsohn but his performance in this was very good.

7/10

Mississippi Grind (2015)

Experience

Working my way through some rom coms I havent seen yet.

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist - 8/10. Pretty chilled and sweet.
    Chelsea FC | Vettel
    PC Gamer (GTX 1080Ti, i9 9900k @5GHz, 32Gb RAM, 3.5 GB/s SSD, 1440p/155Hz/GSync compatible

11. Saying Thanks:

SLYGUY (Yesterday)  

Experience

Ruby Sparks - 7.5/10

Sad, depressing but kinda hopeful. Not what I was expecting.
    Chelsea FC | Vettel

13. Saying Thanks:

SLYGUY (Yesterday)  

Oupa
    RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!!!
    Experience

The Lighthouse ?/10

What I ride that was. No idea what the movie is about, watched it until the end though. It's just extremely weird. WTF

15. Saying Thanks:

NobodyKnows (Yesterday)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianH View Post
    The Lighthouse ?/10

What I ride that was. No idea what the movie is about, watched it until the end though. It's just extremely weird. WTF
    My take: It's a drunk that murdered his boss and tries to start over by assuming his identity, quitting drinking and getting a job at a lighthouse (far away from anyone who might be looking for him).

He's not stable though, he's given to fantasy, he thinks life is treating him unfairly and he deserves more than his lot. In the same way he imagines the carving of the mermaid he jerks off to as a real mermaid, he thinks he should run the lighthouse, and previously he should have been heading the log drive. He's also beset with guilt, which is why the first thing he imagines arriving at the island is the logs floating in with the body. We see the world of the lighthouse through his unreliable eyes.

He does a good job of not drinking in the start, and does what he's supposed to do, but he begrudges the guy giving him orders - and you feel sympathy for him because you're not clued in to his true nature to start. Events transpire, and on his last night he decides what the hell and drinks with the older lighthouse keeper. Then the storm happens and they find themselves trapped on the island, and he continues drinking, day in day out, becoming increasingly unhinged. (As far as I'm concerned, the seagull he murders and the shift of wind are a coincidence [if it happened that way at all], but Eggers wants us to wander what's really going on here, especially given that he pulled the opposite trick in his previous film).

One night he confesses what he did to the older lighthouse keeper, this was a mistake and he was warned not to make it. Now the lighthouse keeper knows, what happens when they go back to shore? He sees the lighthouse keeper as Poseidon/Neptune staring into his soul. The madness continues as they run out of booze and start drinking methylated spirits.

He eventually kills the lighthouse keeper, goes up to the light. Now the lighthouse keeper was a drunk too, and he liked drinking and staring at the pretty, refracting lights while getting tossed. Our man also thinks they're amazing, and being the man he is, reaches for the light and burns the **** out of his hand, tumbles down the stairs and managing to crawl some distance from the lighthouse, dies on the rocks and is eaten by seagulls, as the older lighthouse keeper prayed for (which is what put the original vision of him as Poseidon/Neptune in his head).
    Last edited by KenMasters; Yesterday at 05:57 AM.

17. Saying Thanks:

AdrianH (Yesterday)  

Page 2396 of 2397 FirstFirst ... 13961896229623462376239223932394239523962397 LastLast