Poll: Harvest or Rescue

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harvest vs Rescue

Experience

Default Harvest vs Rescue

I know I'm late to the whole Bioshock game, but only recently purchased it at a really good price. For some reason the game just didn't appeal to me. I know the PS3 version has it minor flaws, but I am really enjoying the game now. Pity I didn't play it earlier.

Anyways with that out of the way, I just want to ask the guys that have played, did you decide to harvest or rescue the little sisters? Are there any benefits to doing both? Does it deserve a second play through etc?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by tigerminx; June 30th, 2009 at 02:17 PM.
    You Miss 100% of the Shots You Don't Take . . .That, or it's just LAG !!!
    Hidden Content

Colossus
    Interesting times.
    Experience

First playthrough i rescued every one, couldn't bring myself to harvest them.

On the second playthrough i harvested a couple just to check it out.

In the end there's not too much difference, you get more Adam if you harvest but for every 4 (i think) that you rescue you get gifts, some of which are very nice.

3. Saying Thanks:

kishi-bab (August 26th, 2009),  tigerminx (June 30th, 2009)  

Experience

I have just got to Fort Frolic I think it's called, I'm wondering if I should start over. I have rescued about 1, and harvested about 6
    Hidden Content

Gaming Wizard
    #NeverForget #HeWillRise
    Experience

Im playing through this game for the 1st time and I decided to harvest all the little girls.

On my second play through I will rescue them all, then when Im ready to tackle the difficulty without the Vita Chambers I will harvest only when I need to.
    "My belief is best, check how cool these eggs are, it proves my belief is awesome" ~ Azure Wrath

Hidden Content Originally Posted by larch Hidden Content
    Yes because only Satanists use razors and knifes, the other killers uses spoons and forks :P And last time I checked candles comes in all kinds of colours not just white, but being the racist you are you assume a black candle must be a satanistic candle. Next you will be telling me white candles are the only true candles. Also "allegedly" does not equal the truth, kids do tend to talk a lot of ****.

6. Saying Thanks:

Colossus
    Interesting times.
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by riezo View Post
    Im playing through this game for the 1st time and I decided to harvest all the little girls.

On my second play through I will rescue them all, then when Im ready to tackle the difficulty without the Vita Chambers I will harvest only when I need to.
    If you plan on getting Platinum then you will have to have a playthrough where you rescue EVERY sister.

8. Saying Thanks:

ComandoF (June 30th, 2009),  kishi-bab (August 26th, 2009),  tigerminx (June 30th, 2009)  

Experience

Yeah, thinking I might just do the same. Continue to harvest them, and play through again. I believe the ending is different as well, so I may as well make the most of it.
    Hidden Content

Gaming Wizard
    #NeverForget #HeWillRise
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAna View Post
    If you plan on getting Platinum then you will have to have a playthrough where you rescue EVERY sister.
    Thats what I said
    "My belief is best, check how cool these eggs are, it proves my belief is awesome" ~ Azure Wrath

Hidden Content Originally Posted by larch Hidden Content
    Yes because only Satanists use razors and knifes, the other killers uses spoons and forks :P And last time I checked candles comes in all kinds of colours not just white, but being the racist you are you assume a black candle must be a satanistic candle. Next you will be telling me white candles are the only true candles. Also "allegedly" does not equal the truth, kids do tend to talk a lot of ****.

Experience

if you work it out; you get 80 for saving; and 160 for harvesting; but if you think about it you get 200 bonus for every four.

so the difference is you lose out on 120 for every 4 of them. not a biggie; you get some good upgrades for saving them. so its worth it i suppose to save them.

Best member 08/09
    Ra Ra Rie....
    Game IDs
    Experience

Also you will see a completely different ending on whether you save all the little sisters or harvest them.

But its also recommended to save all the little sisters until you come across your first big daddy. After that you can start harvesting them.

13. Saying Thanks:

Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Salmonaxe View Post
    you get some good upgrades for saving them. so its worth it i suppose to save them.
    Can you get these upgrades only by rescuing the little sisters? Or do you get them later on in the game?
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast