Results 11,111 to 11,119 of 11119

Thread: The Health & Fitness Thread...

Addicted Member
    Need to sleep
    Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    It's not an agree or disagree situation:

"Saturated and trans fat is associated with a higher total mortality and replacement of saturated fat with any
    carbohydrate, PUFA and MUFA and fish oil (marine omega-3, specifically EPA and DHA) is associated with
    lower mortality with PUFA being more effective than MUFA. "

"Based on current evidence it would be inadvisable to switch from unsaturated oils to coconut oil. It is likely that this would lead to less favourable lipid profiles and so a potential increased risk of CHD. "

"The greatest reduction in CHD risk occurs when cis-PUFA replace dietary SAFA. In intervention studies replacement of 10%E from SAFA by cis-PUFA reduced CVD events by 27% [4] and the replacement of 5%E from SAFA by cis-PUFA decreased CHD risk by 10%...

In conclusion, strong evidence supports the partial replacement of SAFA-rich foods with those rich in cis-PUFA to lower LDL-C and reduce CHD risk."

Excerpts from the conclusions of the papers posted (which also explain what the research you're citing failed to take into account).
    Look. I don't want to argue over this.

The heart association is full of **** and the last article was financed via the palm oil association.

They all have there own agendas which is shown via who paid for it.

I really don't want to argue since I do respect your opinions.

Also I don't recall adding a research articles to my previous messages. Since I'm doing all of this over Tapatalk.
    Last edited by xcaliber; March 14th, 2019 at 09:31 PM.

2. Saying Thanks:

KenMasters (March 14th, 2019)  

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by xcaliber View Post
    Look. I don't want to argue over this.

The heart association is full of **** and the last article was financed via the palm oil association.

They all have there own agendas which is shown via who paid for it.

I really don't want to argue since I do respect your opinions.

Also I don't recall adding a research articles to my previous messages. Since I'm doing all of this over Tapatalk.
    We discussed this subject in this thread some time ago, so I'm familiar with the research your opinion is based on. Believe what you will, but so far as I'm aware, current research doesn't support your position.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    You sound pretty definitive - you know this how?
    As it stands there is no cure for Alzheimer's - that's the fact of the matter.
    Last edited by KenMasters; March 15th, 2019 at 06:26 AM.

4. Saying Thanks:

xcaliber (March 15th, 2019)  

Gaming Wizard
    Feelin' it
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters View Post
    As it stands there is no cure for Alzheimer's - that's the fact of the matter.
    No, as it stands there hasn't been enough research done to determine if coconut oil will help with Alzheimers.

The fact is though that some people have been healed using coconut oil, studies or not.
    And if your're suffering from Alzheimers you might as well try coconut oil to see if it works.
    Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

Addicted Member onem1nutenoodle's Avatar
    Game IDs
    Experience

No, as it stands there hasn't been enough research done to determine if coconut oil will help with Alzheimers.
    How can you defend coconut oil so adamantly and then say something like that?
    send nudes

Gaming Wizard
    Feelin' it
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by onem1nutenoodle View Post
    How can you defend coconut oil so adamantly and then say something like that?
    If you want peer-reviewed, 100%, without doubt evidence then, no, there is no evidence.

However if you want the experience of people living with Alzheimer's who can testify to it's healing properties then, yes, coconut oil can help with Alzheimer's. This is not a black and white issue as some would like it to be.

Let me also say that a poor diet can contribute to Alzheimer's, so eating well will also help.
    Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.

Game IDs
    Experience

If you want peer-reviewed, 100%, without doubt evidence then, no, there is no evidence.

However if you want the experience of people living with Alzheimer's who can testify to it's healing properties then, yes, coconut oil can help with Alzheimer's. This is not a black and white issue as some would like it to be.

Let me also say that a poor diet can contribute to Alzheimer's, so eating well will also help.
    Dropping acid helps people deal with emotional issues but it's terrible for your brain. I would never advise someone do acid to deal with their issues though.
    send nudes

Game IDs
    Experience

The fact is though that some people have been healed using coconut oil, studies or not.
    And if your're suffering from Alzheimers you might as well try coconut oil to see if it works.
    Music also helps, stronger evidence for its positive effects than coconut oil - all viable avenues are researched. Neither is anything resembling a cure - more in the realm of easing the symptoms.

Edit: You’re also an antivaxer I believe Stu?
    Last edited by KenMasters; March 15th, 2019 at 11:27 AM.

Gaming Wizard
    Feelin' it
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by onem1nutenoodle View Post
    Dropping acid helps people deal with emotional issues but it's terrible for your brain. I would never advise someone do acid to deal with their issues though.
    Comparing acid to coconut oil is just stupid.

Game IDs
    Experience

Comparing acid to coconut oil is just stupid.
    Point I'm making is that there are probably better alternatives out there.
    send nudes

Page 1112 of 1112 FirstFirst ... 11261210121062109211081109111011111112