Page 1 of 31 1234521 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 repair (based in Pretoria)

Game IDs
    Experience

Default PS3 repair (based in Pretoria)

Hi all

I've been doing game console repairs (360, PS3, Wii) for 2 years full-time and will be upgrading my equipment in the next few months so as to offer BGA reballing, which is the proper solution for PS3 YLOD and 360 RROD.

I currently do BGA reflow soldering with a hot-air station and pre-heater, flux and a carefully formulated reflow profile for the above mentioned issues.

I was wondering if the powers that be of this site will get in contact with me via PM, so that I can perhaps have an official prescence (in my business capacity) on the forum.

I'm not a fly-by-night but a registered business entity offering a unique service in SA. Proper circuit board repairs with thoroughly researched and practiced repair methods.

Not a heat-gun and a prayer!

Thank you for your time

UPDATE: Flat-rate repair services

Xbox 360

Reball, Reflow and GPU replacement service. Part replacement handled as well.

Playstation 3

Re-ball and Reflow (for purposes of data / disc retrieval and not long-term fix). Blu-Ray repair (lens, lens assembly, drive, etc), power supply replacement and other part replacement as well.

Nintendo Wii

Re-flow and part replacement.

Consult the website for current pricing!

The above is the common problems among current gen video game consoles. For any other issue, a quotation will be given once the machine is received and a diagnosis is made.

Video clips of proper electronic repair methods:

Xbox 360 re-flow [similar to PS3 and any other motherboard re-flow]:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3HqEQAT_-g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3HqEQAT_-g[/ame]

Playstation 3 re-ball [similar to Xbox 360 re-ball and any other motherboard]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysV66a1-2pE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysV66a1-2pE[/ame]

I can handle a wide range of issues on component level as well as part replacement.

Thank you
    Last edited by maestro_za; July 27th, 2010 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Service explanation
    Owner [Micro Fix] Electronics Service Company | URL - Hidden Content | Game consoles, smart device's; laptop's & data recovery | Guaranteed Services | Operating since 2008 & counting...

2. Saying Thanks:

DazzyFaye (October 4th, 2009),  Freak_c (May 4th, 2010),  kmavtwo (September 9th, 2010),  MrCyrax (November 23rd, 2010),  Noo_ZA (November 27th, 2010),  riezo (November 23rd, 2010),  SaiYaN (December 16th, 2009),  SamVice (February 10th, 2011),  Seaape (November 11th, 2009),  trinityblade (September 21st, 2009)  

Colossus
    Interesting times.
    Experience

I've reflowed my PS3 4 times (each fix lasts between 15-20 days). I use a heat gun and flux but if your price is right i might make use of your services if i know the fix will last for a long time.

Otherwise i'll get a Slim.

Experience

Guys,i can vouch for maestro. Luckily havent needed his services yet, but know of quite a few guys who've had their consoles repaired, all with nothing but praise for his workmanship.

5. Saying Thanks:

Frosty (September 21st, 2009),  trinityblade (September 21st, 2009)  

Experience

maestro_za is go 2 guy in terms of repairs. You'll find lots of great feedback from him on the Xbox SA forum and MyBroadBand forum.

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAna View Post
    I've reflowed my PS3 4 times (each fix lasts between 15-20 days). I use a heat gun and flux but if your price is right i might make use of your services if i know the fix will last for a long time.

Otherwise i'll get a Slim.
    15-20 days is not a reasonable working period at all.

Thing is, heat-gun treatment can cause bridged points under the GPU/CPU as most heat-guns don't have temperature control or a way to evenly distribute the heat.

It's on the right track in theory but a normal heat-gun does more harm than good. It's the preferred method for flea-market operations and the less than stellar repair shops in our country as it is cheap and easy to source.

The secret for a proper BGA reflow is that under side heat, and concentrated heat on the BGA you're re-working is needed. It works in combination!

The hot-air station and pre-heater I use, in combination with the correct size nozzle means that the right heat is applied for the correct amount of time.

I can certainly do my usual routine, but a better bet will be to re-ball the GPU. I am currently am not in possession of the necessary tools as I'm waiting for its arrival from overseas.

YLOD and RROD is basically the same problem. A cold or cracked solder joint in the main BGA components. Mostly the GPU, but the CPU and RAM can be affected as well.

80% of my equipment is sourced from overseas at great cost!

I offer 3 month warranty on untouched units, and the consoles work for much longer than that. On already worked on units my success rate fluctuates, as can be expected.

We can discuss this further via PM.

P.S. Thank you for the positive rep guys ... a cookie and milk in on its way

Cheers
    Last edited by maestro_za; September 21st, 2009 at 09:09 AM.
    Owner [Micro Fix] Electronics Service Company | URL - Hidden Content | Game consoles, smart device's; laptop's & data recovery | Guaranteed Services | Operating since 2008 & counting...

8. Saying Thanks:

trinityblade (September 21st, 2009)  

Best online organizer of 2009
    F34R COD MW2 Champions 2011
    CoD section = Kiddy corner
    Experience

Yeah I have pointed a few people in maestro's direction, Vura for example had YLOD and since it was fixed he's had no problems whatsoever... Maestro, good to see you make an appearance, pm Renier because I doubt he'd even come across this thread and get to sending you a pm

Game IDs
    Experience

Quote Originally Posted by robdutchmonkey View Post
    Yeah I have pointed a few people in maestro's direction, Vura for example had YLOD and since it was fixed he's had no problems whatsoever... Maestro, good to see you make an appearance, pm Renier because I doubt he'd even come across this thread and get to sending you a pm
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll do so!

Super Moderator
    Best Mod 2010
    What was one yours is now mine. Your land, your people and now your LIFE.
    Experience

Welcome Maestro,

Thanks for offering such a cool service to the Community. I am sure the guys will make use of you.

Oupa
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Experience

How much does YLoD cost to fix?
    "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." -- Mahatma Gandhi

If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -- The Dalai Lama, May 15, 2001, at the "Educating Heart Summit" in Portland, Oregon

Game IDs
    Experience

Really looking forward the reballing solution next year... If it works like it should It'll make many people smile. Should be receiving my rroded console soon

Maybe post those youtube videos that you pmed me on the xbox forums for those who are interested in your equipment.

Page 1 of 31 1234521 ... LastLast